Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 14:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wola.. what a bad score!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Wola.. what a bad score! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 04:09
Hi,

Well! gave my GMAT today, and the score sucked! 530 ( Q:42, V:22). :cry: However, as I am writing this post, I have realized that I have grown-up, I dont cry and hide in my blanket after a bad result, I am facing it..
Any way the other factor is that I actually counted on the test and thought I would score well. Trust me I never ever scored so less in any of the countless tests I have had given. hmmm.. :roll:
My Quant paper was pretty tough, I had questions of deviation, line and some wierd eclipse figure, but still managed a fine score in Quant. I am now planning to give my GMAT next month, but not at the end of the month for sure. I am in fix now.. I was actually planning to apply this year. My short listed schools are Edinburgh, GISMA, Mannheim, SBS and IMD. However, I dont see any chance now. None of the score would even feel seeing other strong points in my application. Feels good to post at GMAT club, my constant companion during my GMAT studies.

Please advice.
Kindly guide for both GMAT retake and applications (both X and Y). :P

Please excuse the grammatic errors, probably V:22 says it all.. :lol:

Thanks,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: University of Texas at Austin, Michigan State
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 4

Re: Wola.. what a bad score! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 07:12
It seems you have plenty of time to improve.

I am surprised that things have been getting easier and easier with a little work every day. I try to avoid 3 hour brain drains, just maybe 30 or 45 minutes a couple times each day.

You can do better.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wola.. what a bad score! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 14:05
never give up
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: SPG
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 266 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wola.. what a bad score! [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 22:52
Ok I might sound a bit harsh, but I would advice against taking the test again in a month. I know someone who scored 10 points less when he re-took the test after a month. This is a bad idea because you might already be exhausted after your first try. I would suggest give yourself a break. Then when you are fully motivated get back into it and look at your weaknesses but don't forget your strengths. By improving on your weak areas you will gain the most point gain but also keep practicing on your strong areas and with consistency and strong will, I am sure you can achieve your target score. Don't be disappointed with a bad score just take it as a challenge to prove that you can do much better than this.

Best of luck

press kudos, if you like the explanation, appreciate the effort or encourage people to respond.

Download the Ultimate SC Flashcards

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 7

Re: Wola.. what a bad score! [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 07:08
Right, take a break a clear your mind.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8798 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Wola.. what a bad score! [#permalink] New post 31 May 2010, 04:34
Expert's post
Sorry to hear about the score; on the other hand, 530 is the 50th percentile, so are still better than half of those guys at the test center :)

Also, see this thread: should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Wola.. what a bad score!   [#permalink] 31 May 2010, 04:34