Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 20:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

work exp. for Indian and International Colleges

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

work exp. for Indian and International Colleges [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 02:52
Hi,

I want to know that which Indian and International collges accept applications for 2 years of experience. And how can I go for scholarships ?
Thank you so much for your guidance & suggestions in advance.

Thanks,
Dev
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 87 [1] , given: 6

Re: work exp. for Indian and International Colleges [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 02:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hi dev1234567,

There are few business schools which accepts 2 years of work experience like Great Lakes(India), ISB(India), Haskayne School of Business(Canada), Nanyang Business School (1 Year MBA), Macquarie Graduate School of Management(Australia). There are few other business schools as well but the above list of b schools are the good ones where you can apply.

If you happen to be based in Gurgaon/Delhi, you can attend a MBA workshop by the alumnus of ISB along with alumnus of various top global B-Schools during the dates mentioned in this links http://tinyurl.com/cjy62uh

Feel free to write if you have further queries. You may also PM your query if you want to have a detailed discussion on this.

Cheers!
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
WE: General Management (Education)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 3

Re: work exp. for Indian and International Colleges [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2013, 23:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Dev,

Adding to the above list will be Sellinger School of Business, Maryland. You can also look for deferment admissions programs which are now offered by most of the top schools including HBS, Stanford etc.

However, I will also tell you my humble opinion on this. While many colleges claim to offer admissions to candidates with 2 yrs exp. (or less) but the number of such offers are very less. That is for the good schools. So, for example ISB claims to be 'open' to people with 2-yrs experience, but unless you are a prodigy or some national level sports person, the chances are pretty low. The ones which offer admissions easily are usually not the best ones.

So, if possible contain the itch (this is very Indian!) to go for just 'any' school that offers admission right now. You won't regret. All the best.

Anshul

MBA Admissions Consultant
Entrepreneur & Educationist
Alumni, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad (GMAT: 760)
India
http://www.anshulgupta.net

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!
Click Here for a free consultation!

Believe in The Power of Simplicity!

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: work exp. for Indian and International Colleges [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2013, 06:19
Hi Dev,

Need more information like: acads, undergrad scores/institute, GMAT, awards/achievements in or outside work place, ECs, headship examples & other aptitudes to evaluate your profile in a better way. However, you may try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking http://www.apphelp.co.in/Bschool-selection.htm

PM your details for free profile evaluation in length.

Regards
Erina

dev1234567 wrote:
Hi,

I want to know that which Indian and International collges accept applications for 2 years of experience. And how can I go for scholarships ?
Thank you so much for your guidance & suggestions in advance.

Thanks,
Dev

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 122 [0], given: 1

Re: work exp. for Indian and International Colleges [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2013, 10:08
Expert's post
I completely agree with Anshul.

A better question is - why are you applying after 2 years? Let's skip over the fact that you need more experience in order to be competitive at a ranked program, but you also need more experience in order to get out of an MBA what you are looking for. Be it filling academic gaps or switching careers, experience going into the MBA will make your MBA experiences that much stronger.

With only 2 years of experience, you're still young - what's the hurry if you don't mind my asking?

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Re: work exp. for Indian and International Colleges   [#permalink] 22 Jun 2013, 10:08