Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 22:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Work experience- big or small company?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Work experience- big or small company? [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2005, 10:48
Do you think the size of the company has any bearing on how the ADcomm views your application? I just graduated with my BA and have a few offers from varying companies. The most appealing to me is actually a mid-sized food manufacturer(120 million/year) due to the breadth of business exposure I would receive. As my business discipline is Finance, I would be interacting directly with the CFO daily, and the CEO and VPs on a regular basis.

Conversely, I have a few offers from F500 companies but the positions are very limited in scope (Transfer pricing, estimating and pricing, forecast analysis).

What will the adcomm favor?

Thanks in advance-Evan
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2005, 18:36
I realize it has only been a day since I posted, but I would really appreciate any advice any of you could provide. I am somewhat up against a deadline as I need to reject or accept the offer from the mid sized food company by Monday morning. Thanks again.

P.S. Even if you have minimal work experience I would love to get your input. I'm all ears.

Last edited by EvanG on 04 Dec 2005, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2005, 06:11
Hi Evan, I have asked similar questions earlier and the response I get is that the organization you work in does not matter. The way you perform your work is what is critical.

In your case it seems to me that you would be the best judge on which one of the companies has the right environment for you to shine.

I am no expert, but just another MBA hopeful. The experts on this forum are usually very quick to reply, you will get a reply from them soon.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2005, 07:29
I would suggest you ask the questions to yourself:
"Where would I be able to contribute significantly? Who, as superiors, would appreciate my contribution at workplace? Where would I be able to see scope of getting higher responsibilities?"

It might so happen that the CFO/CEO/VP may overlook your performance due to their own work pressure; OR it might so happen that they would see your talent immediately.

It's for you to decide and whatever the outcome be, it would be you who must take credit or responsibility for the same.

Best of luck!!!