I'd appreciate a profile review
. It's hard to get a handle on what I should be targeting with my stats.
1) I'm male and from the US. My first problem is my age as I'm 31.
2) My undergrad is in History and I was a teacher for a couple of years. My GPA was a disappointing 3.25 (I didn't take school very seriously 10 years ago). My GMAT score is a not-so-stellar 680.
3) I hope that some of my negatives are balanced by my work experience. I am a CPA and CFE with 6 years of experience. To qualify for both of these licences required that I went back and took a bunch of accounting and business courses (great grades in these classes). I am currently the head of my accounting department, overseeing the work of my clients' controllers, accountants and CPAs. The work usually involves management consulting, internal control/fraud examination, and domestic/international tax planning.
4) My extracurriculars are donating my accounting skills to a non-profit for Africa. The goal of this non-profit is to create sustainability in small African villages.
5) My short term goal, post-MBA, is to get a position at a big name consulting/management firm. I have small firm experience and am looking to move into the larger arena. My geographic preference is in the Western US or Northeastern US.
6) I am looking into one of the top 20 schools. Really, if I can't get in to one of those, it doesn't make much practical sense to put such a hold on my career.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!