Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 00:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Worth Spending Time to Increase GMAT Score from 730 to 750+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Worth Spending Time to Increase GMAT Score from 730 to 750+ [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2014, 01:32
Hi,

I am Indian Male, 25, IIT Delhi Electronics, Decent GPA (Top 20% of class, 8.2/10 which is above 3.7 in US Standards). Worked with PIMCO, global asset management firm for two years on their California Trading Desk as part of Global Portfolio Team straight out of IIT, have been running my startup for past 1 year which won US Accelerator Competition and secured seed funding from US Investors. GMAT Score is 730 (took way back in 2010, V - 38, Q - 50).

Do I need to give GMAT Again to increase my score from 730 to 750+, will that significantly help me in increasing my chances, what I am worried about is that effort could be put into honing my application.

Would really appreciate if anyone has any advice. My target schools are Stanford, HBS, Wharton, Chicago, MIT and Columbia
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: Worth Spending Time to Increase GMAT Score from 730 to 750+ [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2014, 13:32
Expert's post
Hello,

Given your target programs, you should do everything you can to hone your applications. They must be outstanding. If prepping for a GMAT retake would compromise that effort, then it’s not worth it. Your GMAT is OK for these programs. A 750 would help – so if you can retake with modest or reasonable effort (i.e., without compromising the applications) then definitely do so. But even an 800 won’t help if your applications are less than super, so applications should be the priority.

Good luck!

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog