Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Would appreciate a profile review [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I would totally agree that retaking the GMAT for "maybe 20 points more" is not usually worth it. and focusing on other things, like volunteerwork is an excellent idea. One other thing to do that would not be such a bad idea is getting to know the schools better, by which I mean of course, visiting. People always write me "I can't. too much work. Not enough money" etc etc.... buuuuuuut I still think it's always more than worth it to visit the place you might spend two years of your life and in which you will invest about 150K!!!!

For your schools, I would add Kelley, Johnson, UCLA rather than Haas which is probably just as hard to get into as Tuck. Just as importantly, since you (very wisely) planning sooo far ahead, aim to apply to 5-6 schools in R1, so that you can have a backup plan for R2, just in case things don't go as hoped (unfortunately it does happen sometimes, and it's better to be prepared than to be just hopeful). And since you know you are applying now for next year, there's no excuse for not getting in all your applications R1.

Good luck!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you once again for taking out time for this! I must say that when I was reading those reviews about your services, on this very forum, I was skeptical that you guys could actually provide the "round the clock" kind of support that the people who used your services spoke about. But I'm impressed! Such quick responses here as well, and that too at hours, which I am pretty sure, are odd by US standards :)

Yes, I think visiting campuses is on the agenda. it's just that being in India, with a fluctuating currency doesn't help your case. Though I do agree to the ROI logic(trip to US---> Cost of B-school---> a life long of satisfaction with a likely fat salary :-D ) that you have given to other aspirants on this forum as well. Let's see how that pans out for me.

I still have a couple of questions for you:-
1. Do you have any offices/associates working out of India? I saw on your website that you have an office in China, so just wondering if you have one here or are planning to do so.
2. Is there a way to get in touch directly with any of you?

Thanks once again!
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
That's true! But it's because we also have an office in China! :) So don't think I stay up till four AM (even if we do love to help people.. I still need to sleep sometime).
Although we don't actually have an office in India we have worked with a TON of Indian candidates, and know the landscape very well. To contact us is a piece of cake, just email info@admissionado.com or alternatively, fill out a form online for a free evaluation: https://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts