Status: It's Clobberin' Time
Joined: 16 Jul 2011
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
, given: 21
Would appreciate a profile review [#permalink]
04 Dec 2012, 09:40
Nationality - Indian
GMAT 2- 700 (Q49, V- 35)
GMAT 1- 680 (Q49, V-34)
WE- 3.5 (so far) in Retail Analytics + Decision Making global firm (offices in US, UK, Asia and Europe)
1. worked with the 2nd largest grocery retailer in the US on streamlining their loyalty and rewards work stream, was recognized for my efforts with an inter-company award and a promotion
2. Worked with one of the largest coffee and fresh bread chains in the US, streamlining their loyalty card offering and making the program more personalized for the customer.
3. Currently working with the second largest grocery retailer in a Scandinavian country, worked on the Pricing Strategy for one their store formats which has been rolled-out nationally. Worked directly with the pricing team of the Client, while being at their offices in Scandinavia.
Undergrad- Bachelors in Engineering from Delhi University (Top 10 engineering college of the country)
Undergrad Score - 3.5
Leadership Roles/Community Service-
1. President of the Toastmasters Club of the corporate club at my organization, was also the VP, Education for the Club the year before I became the president. winner of awards at the Area level, Certified Competent Communicator.
2. Head, Quizzing Club at my organization, started the club and am responsible for hosting all the trivia quizzing activities at the office. Have also represented the organization in inter-company quizzing competitions.
3. NGO work- working in my spare time with a charitable NGO which provides schooling to under-privileged slum kids
4. Head of Publications, IEEE-Student chapter at my undergrad college. Was responsible for the publication of all the technical magazines from the stable
5. Founder and Head of the Quiz Club at my undergrad college, have participated and won many inter-collegiate trivia competitions across the country.
Post MBA goals:-
To work in a firm like Amazon, which is the biggest online retailer and apply the principles of management, analytics and marketing to make the online experience even better.
To move in the field of consulting where my inter-personal and analytical skills can be utilized to the fullest in providing the best strategic solutions to my Clients
Dream- Kellogg, Wharton,Tuck (First 2 are good schools in the field of Marketing, Tuck very good in General Management & Consulting)
Reach- Duke, Ross, Darden
I am not very happy with my GMAT score; it's not the score that I'd love to have, but it's something that I can live with. What do you think are my chances at an admit at these schools? Should I look at some other schools as well? Planning to apply next year, so will have a WE of about 60 months if and when I start my classes in the Fall of 2014.
Thanks in advance!