I'm graduating from undergrad this week and was wondering, based on my stats, what I could do to improve my chances over the next few years. I don't want my life to revolve around going to b-school, but I would like to know if you have any tips for things I should look into on the side. I would like to go to H/W/S or Haas/Anderson if I do not meet the H/W/S criteria, but was wondering where you feel I would be most competitive if I don't fit the bill for any of those.
- Starting with an elite buyside equity research firm (~$100 bil. AUM), would like to matriculate in 4 years
- 730 GMAT (48 Q, 42 V), just took it
- 3.65 GPA in Finance from unranked state school (Magna Cum Laude and Beta Gamma Sigma)
- President of undergrad Finance club, Treasurer of Fraternity, several awards for leadership
- 5 undergrad internships - 1 in investment banking M&A, 1 in investment banking public finance
- Private Pilot
- Starting professional prep. non-profit for highschool students
I know it's a little early to be thinking about this, but I'd love to hear your opinion on what I could do to improve my application. Thanks in advance for your help!