Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

would doing an executive mba while working affect promotion?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

would doing an executive mba while working affect promotion? [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2012, 04:32
can someone plz give me some advice? i just turned 29 years old, live in toronto, and am thinking about applying to Queen's Cornell EMBA program. I currently have 6 years full time experience. i just spoke to my boss about this idea yesterday and he said its my decision but he was a little discouraging. i will just start to become a people manager at work in a couple of months. my boss was saying he is worried about how i would be able to handle both lots of responsibilities at work, including people management, with an mba at the same time. he said you will be stressed and will have no life. previously he did mention to me that if u work hard and do well at work we might promote you either late this year or early 2013. now im just wondering what to do. either i can wait till next year for this emba. but another issue is i might be getting married next year and kind of wanted to get this mba out of the way before that. or if i do go ahead with this emba, will it affect my chances of getting that promotion?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Manchester Business School (MBS) - Class of 2012
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: would doing an executive mba while working affect promotion? [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2012, 08:20
While the degree I am doing is not an executive but a Global, I am finding that it would in a positive way. The only condition of management was that it wouldn't affect my work assignments

You need to really ask your management their opinions. In my organisation a number of the corporate management have MBA's at top business schools so encourage involvement
Re: would doing an executive mba while working affect promotion?   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2012, 08:20