Thank you in advance for a profile evaluation. Your insight will be much appreciated Personal Background
1. Age: about to turn 26
2. Gender: Male
3. Ethnicity: Asian AmericanAcademic Background
Combined M.S. and B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Northwestern University
B.S. - 3.71 GPA, graduated cum Laude
M.S. – 3.64 GPAWork Experience
3 years of consulting experience at Fortune 500 global IT consulting firm. Combines IT systems integration development experience with client facing design work. Extensive experience coordinating with offshore teams.
• 2007 – 2008: Worked as Business Analyst designing data protection application that was adapted company wide. Received Inventor Award and in application for U.S. patent.
• 2008 – 2009: Worked as Business Intelligence application developer in $200 million government project.
• 2009 fall: Led day to day assessment effort of business intelligence platform for large East Coast pharmaceutical firm; coordinated onshore and offshore teams.
• 2009 – 2010: Worked as Business Analyst designing performance management applications; day to day client facing work with senior managers as well as extensive offshore coordination.
• Received promotion during economic down year (2009)GMAT
Not taken yet. Plan to take in August/early fall. Realistically should score around 650 – 720 range given some study. Extracurriculars/Leadership/Volunteering
College (2005-2007) – membership in Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, AIESEC, winner of scholastic writing award, second place in university design competition
International (2006) – Volunteered for health and environment NGO in India; did extensive field research interviewing mine workers in Rajasthan and documenting case studies.
Work(2009-2010) – serving as Community Action Team Lead within company’s local officeMotivation for MBA and Post MBA goals
Combine previous IT work experience with business/management skills gained from MBA for a future career managing a Green Technology firm. Hope to eventually start my own Green Technology business. Intended concentration is entrepreneurship.Target Schools:
1st tier: Stanford, Sloan, Kellogg, Chicago
2nd tier: University of Illinois Champaign Urbana, Wisconsin, Indiana
Other schools considered: Michigan, Berkeley, Stern, UCLAQuestions:
1. Is my profile strong enough to warrant a realistic shot at one of the top tier business schools this coming application year (2010-2011)?
2. If you think I have a realistic chance, what areas in my profile should I emphasis in the application?
3. If you think I should wait for another year, what areas should I work on in order to strengthen my profile?
4. I am studying for GMAT right now and hope to take the test sometime in August. Hope to do well the first try, but just in case I need to take it a second time, what are B-schools’ views on a candidate’s taking the GMAT more than 1 time?
5. Are there any other realistic schools/programs that you would recommend based on my profile?