Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 23:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

X is the number of distinct positive divisors of X. What is

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

X is the number of distinct positive divisors of X. What is [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 15:25
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
$X is the number of distinct positive divisors of X. What is the value of $$90?

Sorry made an edit ($$90 not $$X)

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/21/inter ... prexy.html

Last edited by Titleist on 07 Nov 2005, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 17:39
aikido_fudoshin wrote:
I'll pick 8. 2x2x2?

Can you explain how did you solve it? To me this problem looks strange, unless its missing something.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 17:44
duttsit wrote:
aikido_fudoshin wrote:
I'll pick 8. 2x2x2?

Can you explain how did you solve it? To me this problem looks strange, unless its missing something.

astute as usual my friend - plz see correction. my apologies.

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 17:47
Titleist wrote:

Hey, Howdy? I just :peek sometime back. You were taking a test. How did you do?
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 17:56
assumption:
$$90 = $ ($90)
$90 = 12
$12 = 6

ans: A

yeah..what test did you beat? :)
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 17:57
gsr wrote:
Titleist wrote:

Hey, Howdy? I just :peek sometime back. You were taking a test. How did you do?

I haven't taken it yet. :P I decided to just work on problems I got wrong and problems I got right for the wrong reasons. You guys (Duttsit and CompanY) should really buy access to the challenge archives (not to sound like an advertisement) - they are great! The problems are pretty tough.

Having said that, I completed challenge 7 from the archives on Saturday morning. I got blown away - 70th percentile (compared to the folks that took it during the challenge). :P So I'm going through the damage now.

Unfortunately, I can't post any of the challenges, I just read the sticky asking that people not post challenge materials. I apologize for having had posted some in the past.

Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 17:57
duttsit wrote:

Hey duttsit, when are you beating the real test? With your skills, you don't need to wait for so long!
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 18:07
gsr wrote:
duttsit wrote:

Hey duttsit, when are you beating the real test? With your skills, you don't need to wait for so long!

qsr, thanks for inspiratiom, but Kaplan test i took recently tell otherwise. I got slaughtered (in Titleist term). I need to avoid silly mistakes (reading b/a as a/b, missing positive integer as integer etc etc).

Titleist, i never did any challenge. Do you think they are worth practice from the GMAT viewpoint. I heard they are much tougher than what we see in real test even when you scoring high.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 18:33
duttsit wrote:
gsr wrote:
duttsit wrote:

qsr, thanks for inspiratiom, but Kaplan test i took recently tell otherwise. I got slaughtered (in Titleist term). I need to avoid silly mistakes (reading b/a as a/b, missing positive integer as integer etc etc).

Titleist, i never did any challenge. Do you think they are worth practice from the GMAT viewpoint. I heard they are much tougher than what we see in real test even when you scoring high.

I definitely think the challenges are worth it. SOme questions are very difficult while other questions I think are quite reasonable. Although Duttsit, I think you'd probably get close to a perfect score on quant section of the real exam. You are probably just better off working on verbal.

Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 18:38
Titleist wrote:
I definitely think the challenges are worth it. SOme questions are very difficult while other questions I think are quite reasonable. Although Duttsit, I think you'd probably get close to a perfect score on quant section of the real exam. You are probably just better off working on verbal.

I agree that he doesn't need anymore practice on Quant. But, if he goes off to Verbal, who will post the right answers to your questions? :wink:
Some of them, I wouldn't even go near :shock: :lol: :twisted:
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2005, 18:41
gsr wrote:
Titleist wrote:

I agree that he doesn't need anymore practice on Quant. But, if he goes off to Verbal, who will post the right answers to your questions? :wink:
Some of them, I wouldn't even go near :shock: :lol: :twisted:

Oh no! In no way am I telling him to leave the math section. I need this guy! :P

GSR - you can hold your own!

Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2005, 13:57
hey..duttsit, email/pm paret...maybe he can hook you with challenges...you have been a good contribuitor to the forum, so he'll make an exception for you...

I also think we should do the chllanges..they are important...
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2005, 14:00
is there a shortcut to find how many factors a number has given that we can find out the primes?

duttsit wrote:
assumption:
$$90 = $ ($90)
$90 = 12
$12 = 6

VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2005, 15:30
fresinha12 wrote:
is there a shortcut to find how many factors a number has given that we can find out the primes?

duttsit wrote:
assumption:
$$90 = $ ($90)
$90 = 12
$12 = 6

yes. write number into prime number factorization form. if:
x = a^u * b^v * c^z

the total number of factors: (u+1) * (v+1) * (z+1)

for example:
90 = 3^2 * 2 * 5
total number of factors: (2+1) * (1+1) * (1+1) = 12
  [#permalink] 08 Nov 2005, 15:30