Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 19:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: 329 Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 13

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 12:04
gautamthegr8, I'm pretty sure you are good to go for the interview, as that was my application status said once I received the interview email. I'd go ahead and schedule a time if it lets you, or hang tight for your personal email before doing so if you want to be careful...optimistic congrats.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 12:30
gautamthegr8 wrote:
Guys,

I am US based applicant and I have a question about Yale's interview invitation process...I logged onto my online application and I see a link that says "Interview Requested - Click here to respond".

My question is: is this a formal request for Yale SOM's interview process, as in, the admissions committee completed review of my file and I am being invited to New Haven for an interview. The reason I ask this question is - I did not receive an email of any kind, so I just wanted to make sure before I get my hopes up :). My invitation to Cornell was much more formal, email followed by a phone all, so any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hey, gautamthegr8. I am faced with the same situation. And I am an India-based applicant. I guess good luck to the both of us. :)

My debrief - http://gmatclub.com/forum/770-q50-v44-on-my-first-attempt-debrief-118007.html

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 13:39
rish2jain wrote:
gautamthegr8 wrote:
Guys,

I am US based applicant and I have a question about Yale's interview invitation process...I logged onto my online application and I see a link that says "Interview Requested - Click here to respond".

My question is: is this a formal request for Yale SOM's interview process, as in, the admissions committee completed review of my file and I am being invited to New Haven for an interview. The reason I ask this question is - I did not receive an email of any kind, so I just wanted to make sure before I get my hopes up :). My invitation to Cornell was much more formal, email followed by a phone all, so any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hey, gautamthegr8. I am faced with the same situation. And I am an India-based applicant. I guess good luck to the both of us. :)

same here..got an invite on the application but not through email.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 13:55
Congratulations to everyone that got the invite. Do you guys know if your status changed to under review? Cos mine's still stuck on submitted

Posted from my mobile device Image
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 13:56
seems like Yale is still sending invites to applicants with very high GMAT scores. Hope they soon move over to re: GMAT<700 applicants.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 16:00
Expert's post
essen1976 wrote:
hailmary wrote:
jpd5044 wrote:
I am kind of shocked by the lack of movement thus far... Maybe its just an ultra-competitive year.

seems like last year most of the invites went out around Nov 1st....so let's hope that they big wave is approaching soon.

Ya, I asked 'aerien' a similar question. Hope he responds soon with his insights :-).

Ok. Someone check last year's thread, but I remember invites going out until the week before Thanksgiving. However you guys hear back about a week earlier than we did, so the interview timeline may also be adjusted accordingly. I wouldn't freak out on Halloween if you don't have the email by then....I'd probably start thinking of other options / hold out for WL by Thanksgiving Day, just based on logistics of scheduling interviews / reviewing applications after the interview, etc

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 16:28
Just out of curiosity, will I be at a disadvantage by interviewing in HK/Shanghai without a campus visit? I plan to visit later this year when I have time off but was debating whether this would be seen poorly by the admissions team.

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 1520 Q800 V720

Kudos [?]: 24 [2] , given: 2

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 16:50
This post received
KUDOS
Got an invite at 8pm EST!!!!!! now I can finally take a deep breath...

Trying to reschedule an on-campus interview to an international location as I'm living abroad...

I've pretty much the same question as jimbot does... Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.11
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 22:03
Just checked my email - got the interview invite :D .. super excited and above all super relieved after the nightmarish video essay :D.
Though the email invites you for an interview in New Haven, I will ask them to reschedule the interview to an international location.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 22:22
blueser wrote:

Trying to reschedule an on-campus interview to an international location as I'm living abroad...

I've pretty much the same question as jimbot does... Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom?

same question..Indian applicant...Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom??
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 04:26
Expert's post
spikey07 wrote:
blueser wrote:

same question..Indian applicant...Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom??

No. They're treated the same, but obviously, if you can make it to campus, it will show your interest in the school (even more). For me, the interview day tipped the scales for me in favor of SOM, so I'm a huge proponent of interviewing on-campus if at all possible.

For those of you worried about if your request for off-campus interview will be accepted, adcom has in the past made concessions for work schedules, life happenings, etc. Whichever way you have your interview, just remember to knock their socks off!

aerien

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 08:36
aerien wrote:
essen1976 wrote:
hailmary wrote:

seems like last year most of the invites went out around Nov 1st....so let's hope that they big wave is approaching soon.

Ya, I asked 'aerien' a similar question. Hope he responds soon with his insights :-).

Ok. Someone check last year's thread, but I remember invites going out until the week before Thanksgiving. However you guys hear back about a week earlier than we did, so the interview timeline may also be adjusted accordingly. I wouldn't freak out on Halloween if you don't have the email by then....I'd probably start thinking of other options / hold out for WL by Thanksgiving Day, just based on logistics of scheduling interviews / reviewing applications after the interview, etc

Thanks so much 'aerien'! That is indeed helpful.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 80

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 11:36
@gauthamthegr8 and others - Some work servers (and other e-mail servers) will actually block SOM's interview e-mails specifically, and not even route them to spam. This happened to me when I applied, and I didn't know I'd been invited until I got a call from SOM 4 weeks later wondering why I hadn't scheduled my interview. That is to say, they probably intended to send you an e-mail, it just got lost in the ether. Either way, you've definitely been invited, and should celebrate!

For all others - don't feel that this means that you need to obsessively check your status. As you've already seen, invites go out on Fridays, so checking Saturday mornings might not be a terrible idea. If your status has changed, but you haven't gotten an e-mail, you can always call admissions to clarify/schedule your interview if that is the case.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 5

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 13:27
This post received
KUDOS
got the invite at 8pm EST last night, surprised that they send out invites after working hour.....

But excited about getting the invite!!! Good luck to everybody who got the invite!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 03:06
Yale seems to be moving very patiently with the applications. Although I am anxious, I still like this approach - 'slow and steady'.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 04:45
essen1976 wrote:
Yale seems to be moving very patiently with the applications. Although I am anxious, I still like this approach - 'slow and steady'.

I don't quite feel the same. It would've been better had we got periodic updates on the status of the application. May be like application is under review, or adcom has seen the application or something like that.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 12:11
Does anyone know does Yale send invitation based on applicant's birth origin or his/her current location? Did anyone in Europe specifically in Germany receive an invitation?

Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 19:17
Expert's post
wonbinofchina wrote:
Does anyone know does Yale send invitation based on applicant's birth origin or his/her current location? Did anyone in Europe specifically in Germany receive an invitation?

I don't think anyone here knows the exact method adcom uses to send out invites. It more or less seems pretty random, so just keep your fingers crossed!

aerien

Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 07:08
no activity this week?

I think we should see some activity this Friday - last years thread had a significant movement end of Oct/ early Nov. I have given myself 2 more Fridays because I lose hope!

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern
Schools: Fuqua (A)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2013, 04:22
Hi,

Anyone from South america invited to interview?

I am from Brazil and so far nothing from SOM.
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2013, 04:22