Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Congratulations to everyone that got the invite. Do you guys know if your status changed to under review? Cos mine's still stuck on submitted

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
seems like Yale is still sending invites to applicants with very high GMAT scores. Hope they soon move over to re: GMAT<700 applicants.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
essen1976 wrote:
hailmary wrote:
jpd5044 wrote:
I am kind of shocked by the lack of movement thus far... Maybe its just an ultra-competitive year.

seems like last year most of the invites went out around Nov 1st....so let's hope that they big wave is approaching soon.

Ya, I asked 'aerien' a similar question. Hope he responds soon with his insights :-).

Ok. Someone check last year's thread, but I remember invites going out until the week before Thanksgiving. However you guys hear back about a week earlier than we did, so the interview timeline may also be adjusted accordingly. I wouldn't freak out on Halloween if you don't have the email by then....I'd probably start thinking of other options / hold out for WL by Thanksgiving Day, just based on logistics of scheduling interviews / reviewing applications after the interview, etc
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Just out of curiosity, will I be at a disadvantage by interviewing in HK/Shanghai without a campus visit? I plan to visit later this year when I have time off but was debating whether this would be seen poorly by the admissions team.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q800 V720
Send PM
Kudos
Got an invite at 8pm EST!!!!!! now I can finally take a deep breath...

Trying to reschedule an on-campus interview to an international location as I'm living abroad...

I've pretty much the same question as jimbot does... Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.11
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Just checked my email - got the interview invite :D .. super excited and above all super relieved after the nightmarish video essay :D.
Though the email invites you for an interview in New Haven, I will ask them to reschedule the interview to an international location.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
blueser wrote:

Trying to reschedule an on-campus interview to an international location as I'm living abroad...

I've pretty much the same question as jimbot does... Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom?

same question..Indian applicant...Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom??
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
spikey07 wrote:
blueser wrote:

same question..Indian applicant...Will requesting an off-campus interview leave a negative impression to the adcom??

No. They're treated the same, but obviously, if you can make it to campus, it will show your interest in the school (even more). For me, the interview day tipped the scales for me in favor of SOM, so I'm a huge proponent of interviewing on-campus if at all possible.

For those of you worried about if your request for off-campus interview will be accepted, adcom has in the past made concessions for work schedules, life happenings, etc. Whichever way you have your interview, just remember to knock their socks off!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
essen1976 wrote:
hailmary wrote:

seems like last year most of the invites went out around Nov 1st....so let's hope that they big wave is approaching soon.

Ya, I asked 'aerien' a similar question. Hope he responds soon with his insights :-).

Ok. Someone check last year's thread, but I remember invites going out until the week before Thanksgiving. However you guys hear back about a week earlier than we did, so the interview timeline may also be adjusted accordingly. I wouldn't freak out on Halloween if you don't have the email by then....I'd probably start thinking of other options / hold out for WL by Thanksgiving Day, just based on logistics of scheduling interviews / reviewing applications after the interview, etc

Thanks so much 'aerien'! That is indeed helpful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
@gauthamthegr8 and others - Some work servers (and other e-mail servers) will actually block SOM's interview e-mails specifically, and not even route them to spam. This happened to me when I applied, and I didn't know I'd been invited until I got a call from SOM 4 weeks later wondering why I hadn't scheduled my interview. That is to say, they probably intended to send you an e-mail, it just got lost in the ether. Either way, you've definitely been invited, and should celebrate!

For all others - don't feel that this means that you need to obsessively check your status. As you've already seen, invites go out on Fridays, so checking Saturday mornings might not be a terrible idea. If your status has changed, but you haven't gotten an e-mail, you can always call admissions to clarify/schedule your interview if that is the case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
got the invite at 8pm EST last night, surprised that they send out invites after working hour.....

But excited about getting the invite!!! Good luck to everybody who got the invite!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Yale seems to be moving very patiently with the applications. Although I am anxious, I still like this approach - 'slow and steady'.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
essen1976 wrote:
Yale seems to be moving very patiently with the applications. Although I am anxious, I still like this approach - 'slow and steady'.

I don't quite feel the same. It would've been better had we got periodic updates on the status of the application. May be like application is under review, or adcom has seen the application or something like that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Does anyone know does Yale send invitation based on applicant's birth origin or his/her current location? Did anyone in Europe specifically in Germany receive an invitation?

Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
wonbinofchina wrote:
Does anyone know does Yale send invitation based on applicant's birth origin or his/her current location? Did anyone in Europe specifically in Germany receive an invitation?

I don't think anyone here knows the exact method adcom uses to send out invites. It more or less seems pretty random, so just keep your fingers crossed!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
no activity this week?

I think we should see some activity this Friday - last years thread had a significant movement end of Oct/ early Nov. I have given myself 2 more Fridays because I lose hope!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Anyone from South america invited to interview?

I am from Brazil and so far nothing from SOM.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts