Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 14:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.2
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 19:02
cp4321 wrote:
@aerian... Sorry I wasn't being clear.. What I was looking for is a "Calling all applicants" forum for last year. I was interested in how many people get invited and then accepted.. those sort of statistics. Can't see it below, which is where it usually is.

I'm not giving up hope quite yet
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 600 Q47 V27
GMAT 3: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 4: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 04:53
Do we think Bruce will mention interview invitations for R1 on the admissions chat today?
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 05:15
Expert's post
PumpkinSpiceLatte wrote:
Do we think Bruce will mention interview invitations for R1 on the admissions chat today?

Well, if he doesn't, someone could always ask! Chats are meant for you to ask your questions -- what's the worst than can happen? He says he can't answer your question & you have some peace of mind that you asked your nagging question

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 16:55
To all those who were able to attend application tips chat yesterday,

Any word on the interview invites that are yet to go out ? Or is it just a delusion to wait for the next wave of interview invites to come out ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NTU '15 (S)
GPA: 3.08
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 01:04
adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna
aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper. Et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore m

Last edited by pjaseem on 12 Nov 2013, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Account Management (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 6

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 03:52
This post received
KUDOS
Its been 10 days since the last update for any Indian applicants receiving an invite.. I think all hope is lost for now :(
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.94

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 06:43
aerien wrote:
PumpkinSpiceLatte wrote:

Well, if he doesn't, someone could always ask! Chats are meant for you to ask your questions -- what's the worst than can happen? He says he can't answer your question & you have some peace of mind that you asked your nagging question

I didn't have a chance to listen to the admissions chat references above. Did Bruce say they still have interviews to extend or are they finished with R1 interviews?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability
GRE 1: 324 Q164 V160
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 31

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 06:53
Per the SOM website:
Invitations to interview are sent via email throughout the round in which you apply. Although we try to extend invitations as early as possible, they may be extended as late as the admissions decision deadline. The timing of your interview invitation has no bearing on the outcome of your application. Once you are invited to interview, your online status will change to “Interview Requested” and you will be able to schedule an interview online.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 16:49
Has anyone received interview invite today ?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:16
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

Just had my interview with Anjani Jain and wanted to share my thoughts.

Dean Jain started out by talking a bit about SOM and how the school is making strides in revolutionizing MBA teaching. He then talked about his background and why he chose to move to SOM from Wharton.

The interview itself was not according to the general perception. Reading these forums, I was expecting to be asked the generic why MBA, why Yale, questions. The first one was a resume walk through, pretty standard. Next couple of questions were more behavioral e.g. talk about your values, etc. Then I actually got a puzzle to solve which was quite fun (coz I solved it! :wink: ).

The interview ended with the 'any questions for me'. Time was a crisp half hour. Overall, I felt positive leaving the room.

Hope this helps! and all the best for the results..
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:24
pk87 wrote:
Hi guys,

Dean Jain started out by talking a bit about SOM and how the school is making strides in revolutionizing MBA teaching. He then talked about his background and why he chose to move to SOM from Wharton.

The interview itself was not according to the general perception. Reading these forums, I was expecting to be asked the generic why MBA, why Yale, questions. The first one was a resume walk through, pretty standard. Next couple of questions were more behavioral e.g. talk about your values, etc. Then I actually got a puzzle to solve which was quite fun (coz I solved it! :wink: ).

The interview ended with the 'any questions for me'. Time was a crisp half hour. Overall, I felt positive leaving the room.

Good Luck! You meant analytical puzzle or something else ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:34
essen1976 wrote:
pk87 wrote:
Hi guys,

Good Luck! You meant analytical puzzle or something else ?

Thanks essen. The puzzle was technically a graph theory problem (one of the interest areas of Dean Jain :)), but could be solved using critical thinking.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability
GRE 1: 324 Q164 V160
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 31

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 05:46
Thanks pk87! Very helpful to get some pointers. I'm now a little nervous about a theory graph problem (??) but I'll do a little research!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Human Resources (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:15
There is a Yale SOM chat today at noon EST (about nonprofit specializations). I wanted to go but unfortunately I have a meeting I cannot miss at that same time. Anyone planning to go? Do you think those presenting might have an idea about the interview schedule? I am trying to not be that annoying person, and I know what they said on the website, but my heart is starting to sink right about now.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:05
speedyb09 wrote:
There is a Yale SOM chat today at noon EST (about nonprofit specializations). I wanted to go but unfortunately I have a meeting I cannot miss at that same time. Anyone planning to go? Do you think those presenting might have an idea about the interview schedule? I am trying to not be that annoying person, and I know what they said on the website, but my heart is starting to sink right about now.

It does seem like the interview invites have started to dry up. I feel like I'm just waiting around for the ding at this point. Very disappointing.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:20
I don't think they could have gotten through all of the applications over a month before the deadline. There haven't been any interview invites in about 2 or 3 weeks (based on people commenting here). So that would mean that invites stopped 6 weeks earlier than Yale claimed they would. I highly doubt invites are over.

But it still sucks to wait.

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Manager
Manager

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 11:23
speedyb09 wrote:

Nothing about interview/applications are discussed in such chats. It is focused only on the topic it is about and it should be that way. You can read the chat at the same link even afterwards. I think it will be available for some time although I am not sure.
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 11:25
DefyingGravity wrote:
I don't think they could have gotten through all of the applications over a month before the deadline. There haven't been any interview invites in about 2 or 3 weeks (based on people commenting here). So that would mean that invites stopped 6 weeks earlier than Yale claimed they would. I highly doubt invites are over.

But it still sucks to wait.

It just maybe the 'silence before the storm' :-).
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 20:21
elisej09 wrote:
Thanks pk87! Very helpful to get some pointers. I'm now a little nervous about a theory graph problem (??) but I'll do a little research!

Hey elisej. I don't think you need to worry about this if you are interviewing with an adcom or a 2nd year student.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 05:07
Expert's post
pk87 wrote:
elisej09 wrote:

Hey elisej. I don't think you need to worry about this if you are interviewing with an adcom or a 2nd year student.

Caveat as someone with zero visibility into what they actually ask you, while there are many accounts of past interviews for many schools across the interwebs, whoever interviewing you likely has some leeway in what they ask you, with a handful of exceptions. However, there are still countless examples of interviewers throwing curveballs left and right and interviewees not being happy with that (yours truly included). You just have to be ready for whatever comes at you. pk87, thanks for taking this in stride, and I hope it pays off for you in the end!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2013, 05:07