Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 13:58
Expert's post
asimov wrote:
newsYale wrote:
FROM Yale Admissions Blog: Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business Sends Student Delegation to Climate Change Conference
Four of the past five years, Dartmouth College’s Tuck School of Business has been the only business school to send a delegation of students to an annual summit focused on climate change. Three second-year Tuck MBA students traveled last month to Warsaw, Poland, for the 19th Annual Conference of the Parties (COP19), sponsored by the […]
The post Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business Sends Student Delegation to Climate Change Conference appeared first on Clear Admit Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

What does this have to do with Yale?

Yeah...the GC-created "news[school]" function seems to have thrown up on the Yale board. I'll let souvik/bb know about this & hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

In the mean time, non-relevant posts have been deleted.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9427 [0], given: 3700

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 17:06
Expert's post
Thank you. I have disabled the auto-feeds. There has been a human error :(
Stopped the mess for now and cleaning up anything else that has happened. Will resume the normal course of operation tomorrow.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 06:30
Just to keep myself entertained until Monday... does anyone know the approximate percentage of applicants that Yale interviews, and then the percentage of interviewed applicants that get accepted?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 06:35
speedyb09 wrote:
Just to keep myself entertained until Monday... does anyone know the approximate percentage of applicants that Yale interviews, and then the percentage of interviewed applicants that get accepted?

Not sure what percent of candidates it interviews but I understand around 40-45% of those who actually do interview will be accepted.
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 129

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 06:38
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
speedyb09 wrote:

Not sure what percent of candidates it interviews but I understand around 40-45% of those who actually do interview will be accepted.

Well if that's true, then one can deduce that 45-50% of applicants get interviews since the acceptance rate is around 20% :P

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.18
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 06:41
This post received
KUDOS
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
speedyb09 wrote:

Actually according to this article http://poetsandquants.com/2013/09/05/th ... agement/4/ Yale interviews between "a quarter to a third of the pool". Crunching the numbers based on their class size, yield, and total number of applicants, anywhere from 66-87% of interviewed applicants are accepted. These numbers definitely seem high, but it is backed up by the fact that Bruce Delmonico is quoted in the article as saying that Yale tries to interview fewer rather than more applicants. It's an interesting read if you haven't already taken a look at it. Definitely encouraging for those who interviewed.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 06:45
farful wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
speedyb09 wrote:

Well if that's true, then one can deduce that 45-50% of applicants get interviews since the acceptance rate is around 20% :P

In the director of admission's own words, when asked "What percentage of candidates in any given round get invited to interview?

"It varies by round. Probably a third or more of the people we invite are off the bat from this early committee review. It speaks to the quality of our pool. I think we have some very strong people who we know we at least want to have a conversation even if it doesn’t ultimately result in an offer of admission."

Also I can;t find the section in the Yale SOM website but Bruce repeated that around a third of applicants get interviews and a about half of those interviewed are offered admissions. Hope this helps

EDIT:
link to article
http://poetsandquants.com/2013/09/05/th ... anagement/
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 10:01
How is everyone on here so calm? I am spazzing out big time. Just when I forget about being stressed (for a moment or two) someone decides to ask me how the application process is going and then all the spaztivities come right back!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 17:28
I was calm until today when I decided to read last year's thread and saw how many people we're wait listed or denied. Now it feels more real. The next few days are going to be really long.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 17:55
DefyingGravity wrote:
I was calm until today when I decided to read last year's thread and saw how many people we're wait listed or denied. Now it feels more real. The next few days are going to be really long.

If only they were to call 1 business day in advance like some other schools, we'd possibly hear tomorrow hah

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: 329 Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 13

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 18:11
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:

If only they were to call 1 business day in advance like some other schools, we'd possibly hear tomorrow hah

If you do some research and find that that has happened before, let us know so we can schedule in some anxiety for tomorrow haha.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 11:26
this thread has been REALLY quiet on the eve of d-day. Have fun this weekend and you won't even notice when monday rolls around!

Last edited by Gianfranco2014 on 06 Dec 2013, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 11:27
Gianfranco2014 wrote:
this thread has been REALLY quite in the eve of d-day. Have fun this weekend and you won't even notice when monday rolls around!

No matter how much fun I have, I know there will be a pit in my stomach for the next 72 hours...
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 13:29
Sunday night will probably be awful.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '15 (I)
GMAT 1: 640 Q V

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 14:18
Does anyone know if historically folks have been wait listed without an interview?

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 16:22
Expert's post
Jumping in on the R1 apprehension of Monday:

Winter Social dates have been posted! R2/R3s with questions (and recently admitted R1s!!) please sign-up when registration opens. If there's a location near you that's not listed, let me know on this thread or PM me and we'll try to figure something out.

Link: http://som.yale.edu/winter-socials-2013-2014

aerien

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 16:23
Expert's post
Ptblb wrote:
Does anyone know if historically folks have been wait listed without an interview?

Yes, that did happen last year. For specific numbers, check out what happened on last year's thread.

aerien

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 80

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2013, 14:27
This post received
KUDOS
For those of you who have a vague idea of what living in New Haven is like (read: you've heard it's scary), this video actually comes much closer to the day-to-day reality. It really is awesome.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 00:46
OhDenny, man you are gonna make me cry if I don't get in

Looks like a fabulous place, please tell me terrible stuff about Yale to prepare me for the worst!

OhDenny wrote:
For those of you who have a vague idea of what living in New Haven is like (read: you've heard it's scary), this video actually comes much closer to the day-to-day reality. It really is awesome.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 04:59
Any idea what time we'll hear tomorrow? How many hours do I need to spend stressing out?!

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2013, 04:59