Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 05:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 80

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 15:21
For those having trouble logging in, you should use the same login information that you created for your application. Any further troubles and you should e-mail Admissions.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 01:11
Got the call yesterday.I am in!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 01:31
In!! From Korea

나의 SM-N9005 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Corporate Finance (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 09:43
Dinged-
Yale was one of my favorites, and I thought I had a great interview, but ding it is.

Congrats to everyone who got admitted!
I believe Yale SOM is a great school, and I wish you guys all the best!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 11:37
Can someone please give me a broad comparison between Yale SOM and Tuck. Am wait-listed on Tuck and got admitted to Yale.
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 121

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 12:12
joshi702 wrote:
Can someone please give me a broad comparison between Yale SOM and Tuck. Am wait-listed on Tuck and got admitted to Yale.

What type of comparisons are you looking for? I suggest you post over at admitted-which-bschool-to-choose-192/ and tell us more about your goals and what you're looking for in a bschool.

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 14:20
Is there a place on the website to see if one received funding?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 10

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 04:29
joshi702 wrote:

Tuck is rated a bit better rankings-wise, is a stand alone program, and now has a slightly smaller class. Yale is more interdisciplinary, fully integrated into the larger university, and just finished arguable the most impressive new b-school building in the country. Both are known for having smaller and extremely tight-knit student bodies.

I am in at Tuck and Yale and will be matriculating to Yale this fall.
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 04:29
pseudonym14 wrote:
Is there a place on the website to see if one received funding?

If it wasn't mentioned on the call, no dice on scholarship money.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 04:53
I didn't receive a call, just received the email and status update.

For those that were told about scholarship money on the call, was this info also listed on your letter in the application system?

Thanks for the info.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 07:37
Flyte wrote:

Congrats! Care to share 'Why Yale'? (over your other three impressive admits)

Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 18:17
Expert's post
farful wrote:
Flyte wrote:

Congrats! Care to share 'Why Yale'? (over your other three impressive admits)

Yay, Flyte!! Welcome :)
And, like farful, I expect a detailed posting on your decision process!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

7 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 42 [7] , given: 10

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 05:12
This post received
KUDOS
**Edited due to changed decision**

In the end the decision came down to Yale and Tuck.

Last edited by Flyte on 12 May 2014, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 20:41
Expert's post
Flyte wrote:
Ha ha I am happy to oblige! Please remember the following thoughts are simply based on my experiences and research and may not align what each person individually has experienced.

In terms of my reasoning, if I were recruiting for finance, banking, etc Yale would have been perhaps a more straight forward decision; however, consulting-wise Tuck is perhaps a bit stronger in terms of last year’s placement. With that said, either school, will enable you to get an interview at McKinsey, Bain, or BCG, but neither of them guarantee one a job. Thus, I looked into which program I believed I will grow the most at personally.

Between Yale’s interdisciplinary nature, integration into the wider university (opportunities to take classes at YLS, FES, etc), and its unparalleled leadership program, SOM is simply the best place to improve not just my skill-set, but really diversify my network and improve myself. As someone who also wants to get involved in a variety of intra-university activities, sports, mentoring, etc, Yale offers opportunities Tuck can’t match. Not to mention Yale also has far easier access to NYC and other major cities.

With all that said, Yale has truly put its money where its mouth is so to speak with Evans Hall (a 242k sq ft and a quarter of a billion dollar building is pretty bloody impressive). That combined with a slightly larger class size (class of 2016 should be about 300), with long term plans to expand to 320, gives Yale, in my mind, a higher upside compared to Tuck. This may not matter to some people, but I found it personally compelling. I also found the Yale network to be as, if not more, responsive as Tuck’s.

In short, Yale is the right fit for me, though I would have been thrilled to attend Tuck as well. It just comes down to personal fit. I am happy to answer anyone’s questions on my thought process, decision, or elaborate on any of the points I made. I am very happy to be done with the application process and cannot wait to start at Yale! Again please remember the above conclusions are based on my experiences during the process and may not reflect your own.

If I could frame this post, I would. So happy you'll be joining us this fall!

aerien

Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 121

Kudos [?]: 749 [0], given: 798

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 22:39
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2014, 03:47
aerien wrote:
Flyte wrote:
Ha ha I am happy to oblige! Please remember the following thoughts are simply based on my experiences and research and may not align what each person individually has experienced.

In terms of my reasoning, if I were recruiting for finance, banking, etc Yale would have been perhaps a more straight forward decision; however, consulting-wise Tuck is perhaps a bit stronger in terms of last year’s placement. With that said, either school, will enable you to get an interview at McKinsey, Bain, or BCG, but neither of them guarantee one a job. Thus, I looked into which program I believed I will grow the most at personally.

Between Yale’s interdisciplinary nature, integration into the wider university (opportunities to take classes at YLS, FES, etc), and its unparalleled leadership program, SOM is simply the best place to improve not just my skill-set, but really diversify my network and improve myself. As someone who also wants to get involved in a variety of intra-university activities, sports, mentoring, etc, Yale offers opportunities Tuck can’t match. Not to mention Yale also has far easier access to NYC and other major cities.

With all that said, Yale has truly put its money where its mouth is so to speak with Evans Hall (a 242k sq ft and a quarter of a billion dollar building is pretty bloody impressive). That combined with a slightly larger class size (class of 2016 should be about 300), with long term plans to expand to 320, gives Yale, in my mind, a higher upside compared to Tuck. This may not matter to some people, but I found it personally compelling. I also found the Yale network to be as, if not more, responsive as Tuck’s.

In short, Yale is the right fit for me, though I would have been thrilled to attend Tuck as well. It just comes down to personal fit. I am happy to answer anyone’s questions on my thought process, decision, or elaborate on any of the points I made. I am very happy to be done with the application process and cannot wait to start at Yale! Again please remember the above conclusions are based on my experiences during the process and may not reflect your own.

Flyte, I suggest you print this out with some fancy font on a fancy piece of paper, frame it, and hand it to aerien when you see him next year!

Manager
Manager

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2014, 05:46
farful wrote:
aerien wrote:

Flyte, I suggest you print this out with some fancy font on a fancy piece of paper, frame it, and hand it to aerien when you see him next year!

Ha ha thank you both for the kind words, I'm just excited to get stuck in this fall! Now if anyone has advice on how to concentrate at work for the next three months, I am all ears!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 409 [1] , given: 244

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2014, 19:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Flyte wrote:
Now if anyone has advice on how to concentrate at work for the next three months, I am all ears!

No advice there ... but do keep in touch with people you think will be great friends, mentors, future co-workers, etc. The world is a very small place and you might find you need their help later on down the road (and you may or may not have an assignment in the fall that asks you to reach out to people in your former life ;) )

aerien

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 07:11
Has any R2 waitlisted candidate written to the admission committee for feedback and heard back from them? It is weird that the waitlist manager have not reached out to us so far as she sent mails to R1 waitlisted candidates only 3 days after the R1 notification day according to the words left on the first page of this thread.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 11

Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2014, 03:26
This post received
KUDOS
soloherm wrote:
Has any R2 waitlisted candidate written to the admission committee for feedback and heard back from them? It is weird that the waitlist manager have not reached out to us so far as she sent mails to R1 waitlisted candidates only 3 days after the R1 notification day according to the words left on the first page of this thread.

I'm not sure if this is a helpful data point but I received my interview invite on April 3rd and was interviewed on April 8th. Could be that they've been busy taking interviews until recently. No reason to worry I guess.
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2014, 03:26