Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V51
GPA: 3.6
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:Yale - Current MBA Student
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2012 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2014) [#permalink]
Has anybody applying for the Silver Scholars Program heard anything?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
nink and MoS, thank you for your active participation in this thread. It says a lot about the school that you two are willing to invest so much time in helping others.

I'm planning on applying through the Consortium in round 2, but will be on the East Coast next month. I scheduled a visit in mid-November. Anything in particular I should keep in mind while I'm there?

I'm ultimately interested in management consulting. How is MBB recruiting there? And how about firms outside the big 3?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Has no other R1 applicant heard back from SOM on interviews yet? Surprising...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
joerandom wrote:
Just got an invite from Yale to interview on campus. Not sure if there are different types of requests at this point or if they're all on campus invites. Either way, I'm living abroad so I imagine I'll have to find a way to do it remotely or hope that there's an alum living in the general vicinity...

Hi Joe,
When did you submit the Yale App? Days before the deadline or on the same day as the deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
GoBSchool2012 wrote:
joerandom wrote:
Just got an invite from Yale to interview on campus. Not sure if there are different types of requests at this point or if they're all on campus invites. Either way, I'm living abroad so I imagine I'll have to find a way to do it remotely or hope that there's an alum living in the general vicinity...

Hi Joe,
When did you submit the Yale App? Days before the deadline or on the same day as the deadline?

I submitted the day of the deadline, about 7 or 8 hours before, I believe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
I received an invite as well. Submitted day before the deadline
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Submitted 4 days before deadline and still nothing. Reading your stories is not helping ;-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Okay, this is the part I dread - the waiting (especially when interview invitations start trickling in for the others). It's still early in the game, but I am already checking my email every 10 minutes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
SOMguy wrote:
Okay, this is the part I dread - the waiting (especially when interview invitations start trickling in for the others). It's still early in the game, but I am already checking my email every 10 minutes.

I wouldn't get too nervous, the deadline was just 2 weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Here's to some speculation because I have nothing better to do. I get the feeling that Yale might be sending out invites to the rock stars, strong indicators of high performance such as grades, GMAT scores, cured cancer, brought peace to the Middle East etc.

I suspect "average" applicants will start seeing invites a bit later, once the AdCom has had a chance to go over the 'qualitative' aspects of the application package.

Average in quotes because, let's face it, you are applying to Yale because you think you deserve to be there. So, you've probably done something worthwhile, yeah? :-D
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
tranceparent wrote:
I get the feeling that Yale might be sending out invites to the rock stars, strong indicators of high performance such as grades, GMAT scores, cured cancer, brought peace to the Middle East etc.

I suspect "average" applicants will start seeing invites a bit later, once the AdCom has had a chance to go over the 'qualitative' aspects of the application package.

Average in quotes because, let's face it, you are applying to Yale because you think you deserve to be there. So, you've probably done something worthwhile, yeah? :-D

Nope. That would imply that YSOM adcom had time to review every single application in R1 at least once. Impossible. Interview invites are sent out in random order. Just because someone received an invite before another person, it does not indicate anything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
nink wrote:
Just because someone received an invite before another person, it does not indicate anything.

You're an alum, so I will have to defer to your take on this one.

But a dissenting thought - quantifiable performance indicators GMAT scores, GPAs etc, could be pretty simply just be filtered for, no? That is sort of what I meant.

Anyhow, all this is blind speculation - best is probably to wait and let the admissions process run its course.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
tranceparent wrote:
But a dissenting thought - quantifiable performance indicators GMAT scores, GPAs etc, could be pretty simply just be filtered for, no? That is sort of what I meant.

If this was a law school or med school admissions, you would be right. But bschools are not only about GPA and GMAT/GRE scores. Kids in law school or med school usually go straight to those programs out of UG. MBA programs want more polished kids because top employers want to hire candidates with established history.

Where I work, we can find math wiz kids out of college all over the place. In fact, they are not hard to find., especially in this economy. But not every one of these math wiz kids can be in front of clients. Many of them lack social skills or they simply freeze up in front of large audience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
tranceparent wrote:

We are also trying to build our admit yield so it's not in our favor to accept all the high GMAT-ers if they are not a good fit and did not put any effort in their application (i. e. will most likely chose another school if given the chance).
I am pretty sure all applications are thoroughly read before interview invites are sent out. Sit tight, if you deserve to get one, you will.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
A quick question for those who have received an interview invite: Does your online status also reflect this?

Mine still shows Received
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Any chance someone knows if I can submit unofficial gmat scores for Yale silver scholar program application. I m taking my GMAT just about 2 days before jan 5, which is rd 2 deadline.so there is no way Yale can get my official score by jan 5, they ll get it around jan 15 or so... Any ideas??

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Rocket7 wrote:
Any chance someone knows if I can submit unofficial gmat scores for Yale silver scholar program application. I m taking my GMAT just about 2 days before jan 5, which is rd 2 deadline.so there is no way Yale can get my official score by jan 5, they ll get it around jan 15 or so... Any ideas??

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

As long as your GMAT test date is before the deadline you are fine. Unofficial score is enough for the initial review of your application as long as your official report arrives later. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  42   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts