Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 18:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.94
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 22:11
Hi everyone,
Just submitted for R3.

Last edited by 8VN on 18 May 2013, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 12:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys.....

I am now officially signed up to be a Yalie for the rest of my life....*woohoo*

Paid the fees, submitted the transcripts and the enrollment form.................*sigh*
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 12:16
Quick question for the R1 admits

1) As the adcom receives the transcripts, would they send any acknowledgment regarding the receipt of the same and that I submitted all the necessary enrollment materials ??

2) I paid the $100 fee for Reveraservices. I got the receipt for the $100. I sent my Release for as well 3 days back and did not hear back from the team regarding any acknowledgment. I want to if should I be expecting any such email and if yes, how long will I have to wait to receive the acknowledgement email ??

Thanks in advance my future classmates for the proactive help :)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 12:36
Max --- you applied to so many schools! I just applied to Yale in R3. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.13

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 06:41
just out of curiosity-- and it may be a bit late to ask this question.
but still, i must ask: yale som or johnson?
i'm leaning toward johnson to pursue a dual degree in hotel management, but i cant seem to let go of yale due to its strength in nonprofit.
it's sort of a short-term vs long-term goal thing
any thoughts or advice?
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 15:02
If anyone hears Round 3 updates, please post.
Current Student
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 06:03
maxkrewl wrote:

1) As the adcom receives the transcripts, would they send any acknowledgment regarding the receipt of the same and that I submitted all the necessary enrollment materials ??

2) I paid the $100 fee for Reveraservices. I got the receipt for the $100. I sent my Release for as well 3 days back and did not hear back from the team regarding any acknowledgment. I want to if should I be expecting any such email and if yes, how long will I have to wait to receive the acknowledgement email ??

Hi max!

1) I'm leaving this for someone else to answer because I have not sent in my transcripts until now (R1 admit here), but I'd like to share my thoughts nonetheless.
I was thinking that since I uploaded the transcripts as part of my application, I didn't need to submit a physical copy. Maybe I'll send it within the week, just to be safe. I paid the deposit, and have already activated my Yale NetID and email account, so I guess they don't really need it for that?

2) After paying the $100 fee, I received my receipt the following day. Revera then sent me an email confirming receipt of my release form and payment around three weeks after. Did you do this as soon as you were notified of your acceptance? I think they took a while for them to get back to me because it was around Christmas that I did this.

I hope this helps!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 06:14
jason12e wrote:
maxkrewl wrote:

Hi max!

1) I'm leaving this for someone else to answer because I have not sent in my transcripts until now (R1 admit here), but I'd like to share my thoughts nonetheless.
I was thinking that since I uploaded the transcripts as part of my application, I didn't need to submit a physical copy. Maybe I'll send it within the week, just to be safe. I paid the deposit, and have already activated my Yale NetID and email account, so I guess they don't really need it for that?

2) After paying the $100 fee, I received my receipt the following day. Revera then sent me an email confirming receipt of my release form and payment around three weeks after. Did you do this as soon as you were notified of your acceptance? I think they took a while for them to get back to me because it was around Christmas that I did this.

I hope this helps!

Hey Jason,

Its great to know We would be classmates in a few months time. Thanks for taking out time to reply to my queries.

1) I have paid the enrollment fees, submitted the enrollment form and the delivered the transcripts by April 15th, April 1st and April 18th respectively. I was thinking that someone from Adcom team would send in an email that initial materials to confirm my place in Yale SOM Class of 2015 are received. If you dont mind digging some emails and let me know, how long after the enrollment fees is paid is the process for Yale NetID creation started for you ?

2) I paid the Revera fees and sent the Release form on April 15th which was last Monday. As per your experience, I am hoping to receive the acknowledgement in next 10 to 15 days. Once the verification is done, did they let you know that Revera process has been done either by Yale or Revera ?? I saw on website saying that if we dont here back from them within a period of 2 to 6 weeks we can safely assume the verification has been done.

Regards
Max
Current Student
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 08:05
maxkrewl wrote:

Hey Jason,

Its great to know We would be classmates in a few months time. Thanks for taking out time to reply to my queries.

1) I have paid the enrollment fees, submitted the enrollment form and the delivered the transcripts by April 15th, April 1st and April 18th respectively. I was thinking that someone from Adcom team would send in an email that initial materials to confirm my place in Yale SOM Class of 2015 are received. If you dont mind digging some emails and let me know, how long after the enrollment fees is paid is the process for Yale NetID creation started for you ?

2) I paid the Revera fees and sent the Release form on April 15th which was last Monday. As per your experience, I am hoping to receive the acknowledgement in next 10 to 15 days. Once the verification is done, did they let you know that Revera process has been done either by Yale or Revera ?? I saw on website saying that if we dont here back from them within a period of 2 to 6 weeks we can safely assume the verification has been done.

Regards
Max

1) I received the email that my school credentials are available for activation around 2-3 weeks after I paid my deposit (but only five days after the deposit deadline). I think they would wait for the deposit deadline to pass, collate all the names of those who paid, and then forward the list to IT. But that's all a guess.

2) Less than two weeks after receiving the acknowledgement email, someone from Revera contacted me because they had difficulty verifying my job history (my company wouldn't give any details apart from my hiring date and current position). I sent them the information that they needed, got a confirmation email that they received the materials, and never heard from them ever again. I assumed then that the verification was complete.

Let me know if you have any more questions! ;)
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [1] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 13:18
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I didn't get a confirmation for receipt of my mailed hard copy transcripts. I assume they have them...

And for those who couldn't make it, Welcome Weekend was awesome (as expected!).

Just one thing @OhDenny, if you're going to give us that much free swag, you should also give us a bag to put it all in :P

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 11:47
Sorry, I am too lazy to dig through this forum, but can anyone tell when we should be getting interview invites? Set date? Random?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 12:04
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary620 wrote:
Sorry, I am too lazy to dig through this forum, but can anyone tell when we should be getting interview invites? Set date? Random?

I applied round 2 and got my invite 6 days after submitting. I think that was the first day of invites for the round (which just means that they read my application early on--you can't draw a correlation between invite timing and application strength). The party line from Yale is that they can invite you up until the decision date, but typically you would have heard a couple weeks before at the latest.

Good luck!
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 13:46
lb2015 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

I applied round 2 and got my invite 6 days after submitting. I think that was the first day of invites for the round (which just means that they read my application early on--you can't draw a correlation between invite timing and application strength). The party line from Yale is that they can invite you up until the decision date, but typically you would have heard a couple weeks before at the latest.

Good luck!

Thanks. That's a pretty quick turn around. Given the fact that R3 has fewer apps, I would imagine the invites coming in sooner.

Are you set on Yale or still fighting the Duke WL?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [3] , given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 05:14
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary620 wrote:
lb2015 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks. That's a pretty quick turn around. Given the fact that R3 has fewer apps, I would imagine the invites coming in sooner.

Are you set on Yale or still fighting the Duke WL?

Yeah, hopefully you'll hear back soon! I took myself off the Duke waitlist, so I will definitely be at SOM in the fall.
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:28
Can any international students comment on the Financial Aid process? Have you been able to borrow without a co-signer?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Lawyer
Concentration: Technology, Finance
Schools: Yale '15 (S)
WE: Law (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:35
Hi everyone! I'm waiting on R3 as well. I'll likely be dinged, but plan to reapply for R1.

Has anyone in R3 received an interview invite?
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [3] , given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:51
This post received
KUDOS
I received a R3 invite yesterday.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Lawyer
Concentration: Technology, Finance
Schools: Yale '15 (S)
WE: Law (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 08:08
hern007 wrote:
I received a R3 invite yesterday.

Congratulations! And good luck! Are you from the New Haven area, have you visited yet, etc?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 08:44
Congratulations!

My flippin TOEFL score won't come through so I'm sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for an email.
Since HBS kicked me out, SOM is my current favourite...
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 09:33
I am international but based in NY. I haven't visited, but if you want to visit, do it soon because classes end before May 7th.
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2013, 09:33