Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I haven't heard of this before (though I wasn't paying attention at all to last year's R3 bunch). Interested to see how this plays out -- do let us know how your in-person and video interviews go! Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Lawyer
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Finance
Schools: Yale '15 (S)
WE:Law (Computer Software)
Send PM
WomeMBA wrote:
prospectus7 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
I am a R3 applicant and have been invited for a video interview.....Does anyone know what that is all about?

I just got invited too. It smells fake to me.

Same here....this feels good and bad at the same time.

if this is fake, someone is getting hurt.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Given that everyone reporting here has said that they've been invited for the video interview (n=~4), I expect it's something that was extended to everyone. Has anyone following this thread not been invited for this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
thomashobbes wrote:
Given that everyone reporting here has said that they've been invited for the video interview (n=~4), I expect it's something that was extended to everyone. Has anyone following this thread not been invited for this?

I'm a R3 applicant and have'nt received the video email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: University of Connecticut - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
I'm a R3 applicant and I received the email for the video interview earlier today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
R3 here and no email or whatsoever so far. Is it a ding?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R3 applicant , recieved a video interview invite...really hope its not fake....the email mentions a deadline for submitting this interview , which is week before the final deadline ...i hope this means that they have reviewed the rest of our application and are now looking for one last criteria before making the final decision....
Then again, i dint recieve any invite for in person interview , so i dont know if i am at a disadvantage here
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prospectus7 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
I am a R3 applicant and have been invited for a video interview.....Does anyone know what that is all about?

I just got invited too. It smells fake to me.

So far 7 People have said that they have recieved interview invite...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Anybody gone thru the video interview please write about your experience here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
R3. I also received the video invitation this morning. It seems like they are testing the new interview method. I’ll take it seriously anyway, consider this just as a contribution to the school development :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
ptillabo wrote:
R3 here and no email or whatsoever so far. Is it a ding?

Have you checked your Spam box
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
OhDenny wrote:
I can confirm that the video invite is legit, though I don't know what the difference is (if any) between that and an in-person interview. I wouldn't worry too much about the differentiation between the two, though of course, I can't give any advice as to how to navigate either interview. Good luck and congrats to all!

YOU just made my day (and weekend)! Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I spoke with admissions to get a better idea as to what the video interview is all about. It is not a replacement for the in-person interview (i.e., it becomes part of your application file and is evaluated alongside everything else in determining whether you will be selected for an interview). It was supposed to go out to everyone who applied.

It's tough to speculate what this means for Round 3 applicants, especially with the deadline so close.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thomashobbes wrote:
I spoke with admissions to get a better idea as to what the video interview is all about. It is not a replacement for the in-person interview (i.e., it becomes part of your application file and is evaluated alongside everything else in determining whether you will be selected for an interview). It was supposed to go out to everyone who applied.

It's tough to speculate what this means for Round 3 applicants, especially with the deadline so close.

Thanks for the update.
Then, since it was supposed to go out to everyone who applied for R3, is it safe to assume that the video interview is just a part of the application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Seems that way, but it of course leaves us all speculating regarding a single question: why now, with only two weeks to go before final decisions are to be released, would they introduce this added level of complexity to the entire applicant pool (especially to those of us without in-person invitations who may very well already be in the "ding" pool)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thomashobbes wrote:
Seems that way, but it of course leaves us all speculating regarding a single question: why now, with only two weeks to go before final decisions are to be released, would they introduce this added level of complexity to the entire applicant pool (especially to those of us without in-person invitations who may very well already be in the "ding" pool)?

Hey ...thanks ..any idea if R2 and R3 Applicants also had this round ? or is it only for Round 3 ??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
thomashobbes wrote:

I was looking through the thread from last year and it looks like they did the same for round 3 then, too. Definitely didn't have to do anything like that in round 2 this year, nor did I see others reporting it.

It might just be something they do since the last round is so competitive. I'd imagine it gets pretty heated in admissions as they are literally down to their last few spots in the class, so maybe the video helps resolve any disputes that come up. Pure speculation, of course...

In the '14 applicant thread, a few people mentioned that you don't have much time to prepare--the prompts flash on the screen and you have to think on your feet. So with that said, I'd definitely make sure to do the same kind of prep you would do for your interview prior to the video. Might be worth it to make a few practice videos answering the stock why yale/why an mba/why now/what you would contribute, etc. And hopefully this goes without saying, but make sure to wear a suit (at least on top!).

Good luck, guys! I'm excited to see who gets in to round out our class!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts