Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Mendoza '15 (M)
GPA: 3.42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 00:01
TamDuongVN wrote:
ptillabo wrote:
R3 here and no email or whatsoever so far. Is it a ding?

Have you checked your Spam box

You were right dude, it came yesterday and it was in the Spambox!
Intern
Intern
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 16:02
i didnt get the personal interview invite. ?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 23:24
TVG wrote:
i didnt get the personal interview invite. ?

There is no guarantee for a personal interview as far as I know. They sent an interview request to a bunch of people asking them to record video answers to three questions, do you happen to mean this one?
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 03:16
Did anybody get feedback since submitting the video interview stuff?
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 06:09
Did anyone do the video interview this weekend? feedback?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 07:10
I tried to do them on Saturday but had trouble with the website and their application accessing my PC ressources so sent a request to Wowzer. No feedback yet.

Anyway from the overview it says that you look at a video giving you the question, then you get 10 seconds to think and 3 minutes to answer by video.
Intern
Intern
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 19:08
i got the video invitation..but i think everyone got it
Intern
Intern

Yale R3 MBA video interview [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 01:46
Hi, I received an invitation of a video interview from Yale and this kind of interview contains 3 questions and 1 minute for each. Are there anyone received this interview invitation? any experience? are there any further interview after this one?
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 02:02
WomeMBA wrote:
prospectus7 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
I am a R3 applicant and have been invited for a video interview.....Does anyone know what that is all about?

I just got invited too. It smells fake to me.

Same here....this feels good and bad at the same time.

hi I also got the video interview and have u taken it?
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 02:47
I plan to take it tomorrow or tonight, depends on my work really.
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 03:00
Hi everyone,

About the R3 video interview, can anyone share me with the time limit?

For "each" question, the answering time is 1 minutes, 3 minutes, or others?

Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 03:04
frankcpp wrote:
Hi everyone,

About the R3 video interview, can anyone share me with the time limit?

For "each" question, the answering time is 1 minutes, 3 minutes, or others?

Thank you very much!

Hi, as I learned that the interview will contain 3 questions and 1 minute for each.
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Connecticut - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [4] , given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 09:11
This post received
KUDOS
I completed my video interview today. There are a few things that I will point out to those who haven't done it yet. In order to ensure fairness I will not address my question but I will discuss the process.

When you click the link it takes you to the Yale interview page.
From there it will guide you through setting up the interview software.
Basically you need to make sure your webcam works and that you have Flash installed.
You are greeted by Bruce DelMonico and he welcomes you to the process.
From there you are given the opportunity to do 2 practice questions. (I recommend doing them to get you in the right frame of mind)
They are done exactly the same as the actual questions.
You have two buttons the first time the question is asked:
    Repeat Question
    Think
Then a 10 second timer starts.
If you ask to repeat the question, you buy yourself a few more seconds.
You do not get the choice to repeat the question again and it will immediately begin the "Think" 10 seconds
Then the video starts recording. I had 1 min and 30 seconds to answer each of my three questions.
After you complete all three, you are asked to do a survey.

I imagine it is all pretty similar but there was a version number at the top. So, I'm guessing that means that there are several different versions with various different parameters that you could possibly get.

Good Luck Everyone!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 09:22
Anyone heard anything about this? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... eerjournal

Yale School of Management, meanwhile, plans to try out the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test on volunteers from its current batch of applicants in coming weeks. Results of the online self-assessment won't affect admission decisions, says Bruce DelMonico, assistant dean and director of M.B.A. admissions, because the school is just gathering data on what traits predict success.

The 141-item test, co-created by Yale University Provost Peter Salovey, measures how well applicants might manage or understand their own emotions with questions about everyday scenarios. A candidate might be asked, for example, to predict how someone will react in a certain situation, or to identify someone's emotions based on a picture.

"Talent assessment is a difficult science," says Mr. DelMonico, though he says it is getting easier to quantify, or at least figure out, what needs to be assessed.

Sooo I think we can safely assume that round 3 applicants=Yale admissions guinea pigs?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden '15 (D)

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 09:35
lb2015 wrote:
Anyone heard anything about this? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... eerjournal

Yale School of Management, meanwhile, plans to try out the Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test on volunteers from its current batch of applicants in coming weeks. Results of the online self-assessment won't affect admission decisions, says Bruce DelMonico, assistant dean and director of M.B.A. admissions, because the school is just gathering data on what traits predict success.

The 141-item test, co-created by Yale University Provost Peter Salovey, measures how well applicants might manage or understand their own emotions with questions about everyday scenarios. A candidate might be asked, for example, to predict how someone will react in a certain situation, or to identify someone's emotions based on a picture.

"Talent assessment is a difficult science," says Mr. DelMonico, though he says it is getting easier to quantify, or at least figure out, what needs to be assessed.

Sooo I think we can safely assume that round 3 applicants=Yale admissions guinea pigs?

hahaha !! true !!
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale R3 MBA video interview [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 05:23
Hi, I have taken the Round 3 video interview. It contained 3 questions.
1. What contribution did you provide for your company?
2. If you have a struggle with class mates, how will you solve?
3. What is your biggest concern of the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application?
Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Mendoza '15 (M)
GPA: 3.42

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 05:54
Electrichazard wrote:
I completed my video interview today. There are a few things that I will point out to those who haven't done it yet. In order to ensure fairness I will not address my question but I will discuss the process.

Good Luck Everyone!

Can you at least make a hint if the questions were from the standard adcom question pool (like why yale, why now, goals, etc.)?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Lawyer
Concentration: Technology, Finance
Schools: Yale '15 (S)
WE: Law (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 08:56
ptillabo wrote:
Electrichazard wrote:

Good Luck Everyone!

Can you at least make a hint if the questions were from the standard adcom question pool (like why yale, why now, goals, etc.)?

Since this wasn't on the Application in any form, and it is not listed on the Application Status page, or under the Application Checklist.. is this Video Interview crap even necessary? And how many applicants received this interview request TO THEIR SPAM BOX, and were never made aware it was dispatched, because it isn't listed on the Application Status page when you login to check on your app? I BET A LOT.

So, I'm calling bullshit, and not doing it. This last minute hoop is ludicrous.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 09:54
prospectus7 wrote:
ptillabo wrote:
Electrichazard wrote:

Good Luck Everyone!

Since this wasn't on the Application in any form, and it is not listed on the Application Status page, or under the Application Checklist.. is this Video Interview crap even necessary? And how many applicants received this interview request TO THEIR SPAM BOX, and were never made aware it was dispatched, because it isn't listed on the Application Status page when you login to check on your app? I BET A LOT.

You really want to take that risk? I realize it's an annoying add-on, but if you don't get in, won't you regret not doing it? It's less than five minutes. Any prep you need to do is likely of the same variety you'd need to do for an interview, anyway.

And if you get that awesome call on the 16th, I guarantee you’ll forget all about the silly video…
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Connecticut - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 09:58
lb2015 wrote:
prospectus7 wrote:
ptillabo wrote:

You really want to take that risk? I realize it's an annoying add-on, but if you don't get in, won't you regret not doing it? It's less than five minutes. Any prep you need to do is likely of the same variety you'd need to do for an interview, anyway.

And if you get that awesome call on the 16th, I guarantee you’ll forget all about the silly video…

When you receive a request for a "regular" interview from SOM, does it update on your application or is it just an email as well?
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 May 2013, 09:58