Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
turbo83 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
Got waitlisted at Yale. I was expecting a DING. Super Excited.

I got dinged tt

Congratulations for staying alive.

Were you waitlisted after a real interview or just the wowzer video interview?

I wonder if anybody got in after just taking the video interview.

I only did the video interview; I was actually 99.9% positive that I will get dinged, and was surprised to get waitlisted. Seems like there are a lot of people on the wl, so I don't fancy my chances.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
llxmh1226 wrote:
I'm in UK and I haven't got any calls or emails about the result of my application. I did not receive a real person interview after the wowzer video one...I guess I must be rejected.........T T

You should check your status on-line. They're updated.

Also, I realize that all the people who got in or got wailisted on round 3 come from a finance background.
Additionally, I don't think it's a coincidence that all the round 2 accepted people (at least 6 people) that I know happened to be finance people.
This is somewhat in line with the fact that the new Dean of SOM just came from Booth (UChicago), which is a hardcore finance school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
turbo83 wrote:
llxmh1226 wrote:
I'm in UK and I haven't got any calls or emails about the result of my application. I did not receive a real person interview after the wowzer video one...I guess I must be rejected.........T T

Also, I realize that all the people who got in or got wailisted on round 3 come from a finance background.
Additionally, I don't think it's a coincidence that all the round 2 accepted people (at least 6 people) that I know happened to be finance people.
This is somewhat in line with the fact that the new Dean of SOM just came from Booth (UChicago), which is a hardcore finance school.

Well it may not be a coincidence, but I think it's more indicative of who applies to Yale. Yale tends to draw people with an interest in non-profit, finance, and consulting. I don't think we can assume that they are admitting a disproportionate number of finance candidates. Do you yourself work in finance? Perhaps you just have been connected with those types? GMATclub just isn't that representative of the pool at large.

That said, I agree that Yale is probably moving to increase its class primarily in the for-profit arena. Basically they can improve recruiter perspectives about Yale by increasing the number of hires that recruiters make and by ensuring that there are enough bodies at Yale to make it worth their while to send a representative.
Director
Director
Send PM
turbo83 wrote:
llxmh1226 wrote:

I got waitlisted and I don't work in finance. I think Yale is probably one of the most well rounded schools - when I visited Yale, I met people from all sorts of backgrounds (even met a full time ballet dancer and a pro. golfer).
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
hailmary620 wrote:
turbo83 wrote:
llxmh1226 wrote:

I got waitlisted and I don't work in finance. I think Yale is probably one of the most well rounded schools - when I visited Yale, I met people from all sorts of backgrounds (even met a full time ballet dancer and a pro. golfer).

Agreed with hm. Sure, I met a good number of folks with finance backgrounds while interviewing, but I don't feel like I met "too many" when meeting admitted/matriculating students. I feel like in every group I met, everyone had really varied interests and any combination of us would lead to a diverse learning team or study group. I do know people though who didn't even consider Yale because they felt it was just a finance school, so positions vary widely...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
turbo83 wrote:
llxmh1226 wrote:

I'm a Chinese student running my own business in UK so actually I don't know what does "ding" mean....sorry for this silly question but could you please tell me what the "ding" is?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
turbo83 wrote:

I'm matriculating from R2 and wasn't from a finance background; in fact, most of the people I met during welcome weekend were not from a finance background. I would agree with aerien in that there was a lot of diverse backgrounds in the incoming class as well as the current students I met.

llxmh1226 wrote:
I'm a Chinese student running my own business in UK so actually I don't know what does "ding" mean....sorry for this silly question but could you please tell me what the "ding" is?

ding means they didn't get in and were not on the waitlist either
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
After months of waiting, I finally have a working email address (yes, machichi, it took 3 more months after you got yours lol)!! So happy :)

Next up, actually leaving work...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
After months of waiting, I finally have a working email address (yes, machichi, it took 3 more months after you got yours lol)!! So happy :)

That's awesome! I remember how great I felt when I got my (Sloan) email address! :-D
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
kingfalcon wrote:
aerien wrote:

That's awesome! I remember how great I felt when I got my (Sloan) email address! :-D

Right?! I feel like there's an appropriate YouTube video of some sort I could post, but it's 3am and why am I awake? Haha :-D

My crazy antics aside, has anyone heard of yield results this year? R3 results on GC were miserable at best (sorry guys :( ) so not much insight into what movement the WL will see if the same pattern continues. Maybe more movement will come once R3 deposits are due?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: University of Connecticut - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
In case anyone was wondering, I emailed Yale to ask for feedback on my application and their reply was:

"After all application rounds are complete, we will begin to field feedback requests. This process will begin in June. Please expect to receive feedback at that time."

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
aerien wrote:

Ha, agreed here with my Cornell email address. Once I got it I emailed my mom :oops:

It's a pretty exciting feeling... now it's time to sign up for a student amazon prime account IMO
Director
Director
Send PM
Does anyone knows when the last desposit deadline for Yale is?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
highwyre237 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
aerien wrote:

Ha, agreed here with my Cornell email address. Once I got it I emailed my mom :oops:

It's a pretty exciting feeling... now it's time to sign up for a student amazon prime account IMO

Yes! Student discounts FTW!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
aerien wrote:

Ditto to both of those! :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:

Hmm good question. Doesn't appear to be on the website. For round 2, we got just over a month to decide, but I'm guessing it's less for round 3. Soooo maybe around the week starting June 1st?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
lb2015 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

Hmm good question. Doesn't appear to be on the website. For round 2, we got just over a month to decide, but I'm guessing it's less for round 3. Soooo maybe around the week starting June 1st?

I just found it and your guess was pretty accurate: June 7 is the deadline.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts