Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 07:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 14:05
Got one too... Read your post and was thinking where is mine...then checked immediately the spam folder and there it was...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 14:43
Congrats to those who received invites today... impressive profiles!

I'm beginning to think my quant/GPA scores just ain't gonna cut it :/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 15:10
OjilEye wrote:
Congrats to those who received invites today... impressive profiles!

I'm beginning to think my quant/GPA scores just ain't gonna cut it :/


750+/3.5+, I'm beginning to think I smell
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 572
Location: United States
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 16:32
Got my invitation too today at around 4pm today for an interview. I know it's nerve wracking and I sympathize with everyone still waiting. I hope everyone gets good news soon!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 17:40
Anyone know how the interview/decision process works? Do they wait until all of the interviews are done before they start choosing, or do they start deciding as people interview (meaning if you schedule at the end of November, your chances of acceptance are lower)?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Posts: 22
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.99
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 20:51
Congrats to all of those who have been invited to interview -- so exciting! R2 seems so far away, but I'll be happy to see others go through the interview process (and then get admitted, I'm sure!).
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 66
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 02:55
rtrhead: Good Qn. I quickly checked and found the clearadmit thingy.

Check 37: http://clearadmit.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... eInterview

Was interviewed a month before the final deadline but came to know of the outcomes only at the end. Still, dont know may be they fill-in as they interview. Did you check last year's thread?

All those waiting, hope you all hear the good news soon.

Best
VN
_________________

Vanishing Nerd

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 05:12
Congrats to all of those invited to the interview and best of luck there. Still holding out hope there is something in the cards for me.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2011
Posts: 99
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 05:37
Congrats to everyone else receiving invites! For those that did, mind sharing profile and stats? Trying to find hope to cling to as I still await an invite.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 68
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 06:56
Just out of curiosity, has anyone from the Asia been invited for the interview? I am just hoping that they haven't reached this part of the world.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2012
Posts: 71
Location: Philippines
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 10:29
icecube6000 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone from the Asia been invited for the interview? I am just hoping that they haven't reached this part of the world.


I'm from the Philippines and I got my interview invite at around 4:35pm EDT.

I submitted my application October 3. :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 68
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 10:40
jason12e wrote:
icecube6000 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone from the Asia been invited for the interview? I am just hoping that they haven't reached this part of the world.


I'm from the Philippines and I got my interview invite at around 4:35pm EDT.

I submitted my application October 3. :)


Thank you for your reply. When did you receive the invite, yesterday or last Wednesday?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2012
Posts: 71
Location: Philippines
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 10:44
icecube6000 wrote:
jason12e wrote:
icecube6000 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone from the Asia been invited for the interview? I am just hoping that they haven't reached this part of the world.


I'm from the Philippines and I got my interview invite at around 4:35pm EDT.

I submitted my application October 3. :)


Thank you for your reply. When did you receive the invite, yesterday or last Wednesday?


I think they sent it Friday, because it was in my inbox Saturday morning.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 119
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 11:12
NA

Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 09:17, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying to enroll in 2013
Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 62
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 15:03
Anyone know when the last R1 interview invites went out last year?

Posted from my mobile device Image
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1088
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 15:28
Chupacabra wrote:
Anyone know when the last R1 interview invites went out last year?

Posted from my mobile device Image


cues from last year's thread:

1.) Nov. 29 email from Yale :
We are still very much in the midst of reviewing applications. At this point, although we have sent out the majority of our interview invitations, there are still a number of interview spaces left for the round and we will continue to send out invitations as we review applications.

BUT

2.) Last invite reported on GC was on Nov. 11
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 16:13
vanishingnerd wrote:
rtrhead: Good Qn. I quickly checked and found the clearadmit thingy.

Was interviewed a month before the final deadline but came to know of the outcomes only at the end. Still, dont know may be they fill-in as they interview. Did you check last year's thread?

All those waiting, hope you all hear the good news soon.

Best
VN


I chatted with Bruce, the Director of Admissions, at a reception and he said that they no longer notify anyone before the official notification date. They used to, apparently, but found it a bit overwhelming due to the number of people that would start calling about their status.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1088
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 16:18
DHokie2 wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:
rtrhead: Good Qn. I quickly checked and found the clearadmit thingy.

Was interviewed a month before the final deadline but came to know of the outcomes only at the end. Still, dont know may be they fill-in as they interview. Did you check last year's thread?

All those waiting, hope you all hear the good news soon.

Best
VN


I chatted with Bruce, the Director of Admissions, at a reception and he said that they no longer notify anyone before the official notification date. They used to, apparently, but found it a bit overwhelming due to the number of people that would start calling about their status.


I think the discussion is about when a school MAKES its decision rather than informs the applicants i.e. do they make the decision on a candidate as soon as his interview feedback/score is validated or do they wait till all the applicants have finished their interviews and then select from the given pool for that particular round.

Notification of course happens on the official date only.
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 19:26
jumsumtak wrote:

I think the discussion is about when a school MAKES its decision rather than informs the applicants i.e. do they make the decision on a candidate as soon as his interview feedback/score is validated or do they wait till all the applicants have finished their interviews and then select from the given pool for that particular round.

Notification of course happens on the official date only.



Ahh, I misread the original post. Thanks for the clarification.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2012, 00:35
Guys, a quick question. I am an international applicant from Europe and would like to fly over for the campus interview since I want to visit Harvard and Columbia anyways (and took some holidays for this time before I knew anything about my Yale application)

What is better, to fly directly to New Heaven airport or JFK? JFK is cheaper and only 80 miles away. Nevertheless, how could I get from JFK to New Heaven? Is there any shuttle service I could book?

What is the dresscode for the campus visit and the interview? I assume that everything happens during one day so there is no chance to wear something casual and then a suit....
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2012, 00:35
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
286 Experts publish their posts in the topic Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1287 06 Jul 2012, 18:10
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants Dbalks 159 13 Dec 2012, 16:57
63 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants nink 913 02 Jul 2009, 06:55
7 Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! IHateTheGMAT 422 20 Jul 2008, 21:45
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  65    Next  [ 1288 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.