Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 23:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 06:57
In less than a fortnight we shall know where we stand...

I'm curious: is anyone still scheduled for an interview these next twelve days? Or is the admissions committee in the middle of deliberations/decisions now?
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 09:30
jason12e wrote:
In less than a fortnight we shall know where we stand...

I'm curious: is anyone still scheduled for an interview these next twelve days? Or is the admissions committee in the middle of deliberations/decisions now?

I interviewed on Thursday and they said that we were the last full day of interviews. They will be in deliberations next week and only interviewing a few stragglers here and there. They also said that it was highly unlikely they'd finish before the day of decisions, so don't expect calls early.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 09:34
they're making a list... checking it twice.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 03:14
machichi wrote:
I interviewed on Thursday and they said that we were the last full day of interviews. They will be in deliberations next week and only interviewing a few stragglers here and there. They also said that it was highly unlikely they'd finish before the day of decisions, so don't expect calls early.

Thanks for sharing this. I guess there's really nothing else to do but wait until December 13...

I was just hoping for a chance that they might come out with results earlier than the decision deadline, so I know if I should start working on other school applications or not.
Current Student
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 10:56
jason12e wrote:
Thanks for sharing this. I guess there's really nothing else to do but wait until December 13...

I was just hoping for a chance that they might come out with results earlier than the decision deadline, so I know if I should start working on other school applications or not.

Hey, you've already completed at least 1 MBA application so you're familiar with what it takes - I don't see any harm in beginning work on other school apps. It's a great way to stay busy and keep your mind off of the wait.

Outta curiosity, do you know which school you'll be choosing if admitted to both SOM and Tuck?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '15 (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 12:34
I was surprised to see that last year, 19 of the 25 people on this board that interviewed in Round 1 were admitted. Anyone think that this might bode well for those of us in Round 1 that interviewed this year? Dec 13th can't come soon enough....
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 12:38
Expert's post
ballhawk7 wrote:
I was surprised to see that last year, 19 of the 25 people on this board that interviewed in Round 1 were admitted. Anyone think that this might bode well for those of us in Round 1 that interviewed this year? Dec 13th can't come soon enough....

I sure hope so, though I'd hate to be one of those 6 other people!

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 22

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 12:43
aerien wrote:
ballhawk7 wrote:

I sure hope so, though I'd hate to be one of those 6 other people!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Seriously! Still counting down the days, fingers crossed!
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:17
ballhawk7 wrote:

That's an encouraging stat you picked up :) and all the more interesting considering that the admissions selectivity numbers for Yale SOM are actually not considered to be that high (enrollment yield, I understand, is a different story).

But as per BusinessWeek's Admissions Selectivity %'s:

Yale - 21%
Northwestern - 24%
Duke - 27%
Cornell - 28%

Perhaps it is a large number of applicants that don't really do their homework but apply to Yale simply due to the brand name?
I also imagine the adcom members to have become pretty adept at sniffing out those who apply but probably wouldn't enroll.

10 more days.
Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:49
OjilEye wrote:
ballhawk7 wrote:

That's an encouraging stat you picked up :) and all the more interesting considering that the admissions selectivity numbers for Yale SOM are actually not considered to be that high (enrollment yield, I understand, is a different story).

Yale - 21%
Northwestern - 24%
Duke - 27%
Cornell - 28%

Perhaps it is a large number of applicants that don't really do their homework but apply to Yale simply due to the brand name?
I also imagine the adcom members to have become pretty adept at sniffing out those who apply but probably wouldn't enroll.

10 more days.

Think you may have misinterpreted. The original point was out of the people interviewed, not on this board that applied. Your admissions numbers are out of those who applied. I dont think we are that much better than the average candidate here, but if you get an interview, you have a decent chance.

With that said, I am so afraid I choked during my interview last week. Had one question that tripped me up a bit and I came up with just a lousy answer to. But I did alright with why Yale and why MBA, so hopefully they can look past my misstep.

Longest 10 days ever left, especially if you really really want to get in. Good luck to all, we have done all we can.
Current Student
GPA: 3.78

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:51
Dbalks wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
ballhawk7 wrote:

Yale - 21%
Northwestern - 24%
Duke - 27%
Cornell - 28%

10 more days.

Think you may have misinterpreted. The original point was out of the people interviewed, not on this board that applied. Your admissions numbers are out of those who applied. I dont think we are that much better than the average candidate here, but if you get an interview, you have a decent chance.

With that said, I am so afraid I choked during my interview last week. Had one question that tripped me up a bit and I came up with just a lousy answer to. But I did alright with why Yale and why MBA, so hopefully they can look past my misstep.

Longest 10 days ever left, especially if you really really want to get in. Good luck to all, we have done all we can.

My interview seems like it was such a long time ago, every time I think about it I wonder / am fairly certain that I'm over-analyzing it. Why can't it be Dec 13th TODAY!?!
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 14:43
Dbalks wrote:

I understood the original point, but do admit to going off on a tangent there.
Excuse me, as my mind has been all over the place with all of the waiting..
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 18:24
mba2527 wrote:
Why can't it be Dec 13th TODAY!?!

I want to go to there.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 05:23
OjilEye wrote:
Hey, you've already completed at least 1 MBA application so you're familiar with what it takes - I don't see any harm in beginning work on other school apps. It's a great way to stay busy and keep your mind off of the wait.

Outta curiosity, do you know which school you'll be choosing if admitted to both SOM and Tuck?

I'd be more than happy with an acceptance from just one school; two or more, I cannot fathom at this point. Haha!
YALE!

And you? :)
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 10:43
jason12e wrote:
I'd be more than happy with an acceptance from just one school; two or more, I cannot fathom at this point. Haha!
YALE!

And you? :)

Tuck is a great school (but not on my radar.) If I'm being completely honest, I'm slightly leaning more towards Yale over Duke (couple minor quibbles; not having to purchase a car would be nice, geographical preference, etc.) But like you, I'd be more than happy with just one acceptance!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 20:18
http://mba.yale.edu/MBA/admissions/events.asp

I will be holding the Seattle event with my brother, come out! Find your city.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 09:29
I just saw that two people updated their statuses to "Denied without interview." I didn't realize Yale released dings early. Thoughts?

Oscar Wilde

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 22

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 09:30
notferprofit wrote:
I just saw that two people updated their statuses to "Denied without interview." I didn't realize Yale released dings early. Thoughts?

I wonder if it's just an assumption based on lack of interview invitations.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 09:13
i hope i am celebrating this time next week.

Oscar Wilde

Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 09:38
One week... It's the final countdown!
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2012, 09:38