Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2011
Posts: 129
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 09:59
andreak wrote:
Just had my interview over Skype with a 2nd year student. It went really well! He was very easy to speak to, and the 30 minutes zoomed by as the interview turned into an informative, friendly conversation about what sets Yale apart. He asked very standard questions:

- Walk through your resume
- Talk about a leadership role you were particularly proud of
- Talk about a time you received push-back when working on a project
- Talk about a time there was a set-back during a project you were working on and things fell behind. (He joked about how b-school applicants tend to be type As who don't like this question, but as a current Peace Corps volunteer, I had plenty of examples to draw from.)
- Why business school?
- Why Yale?
- How do you want to get involved on campus?

Props to Yale for not throwing out obnoxious curve ball questions!


Thanks for taking the time to share this and good luck!
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 19:26
Expert's post
OhDenny wrote:
I came to both last year, though I'm also a giant nerd, so take that with a grain of salt. I found that last year, Winter Welcome was more academic-focused, and Welcome Weekend was more total-package focused, though I'm in charge of planning both this year, so I'm trying to make the experiences more similar.


@OhDenny: Not sure if you had any involvement in the date pick for Winter Welcome, but I did want to thank whoever decided to have it over President's Day weekend. That Monday holiday makes travel plans a bit easier to coordinate, and from a work perspective, that's one less day to take off (or one extra vacation day to enjoy)!!

_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2012
Posts: 15
GPA: 3.78
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 19:32
aerien wrote:
OhDenny wrote:
I came to both last year, though I'm also a giant nerd, so take that with a grain of salt. I found that last year, Winter Welcome was more academic-focused, and Welcome Weekend was more total-package focused, though I'm in charge of planning both this year, so I'm trying to make the experiences more similar.


@OhDenny: Not sure if you had any involvement in the date pick for Winter Welcome, but I did want to thank whoever decided to have it over President's Day weekend. That Monday holiday makes travel plans a bit easier to coordinate, and from a work perspective, that's one less day to take off (or one extra vacation day to enjoy)!!


haha... Totally didn't put 2+2 together! I haven't had President's Day (let alone MLK Day) off since maybe my grammar school days! Hopefully that means a good group will be able to head to New Haven that weekend.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 199
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 80

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 20:46
aerien wrote:
@OhDenny: Not sure if you had any involvement in the date pick for Winter Welcome, but I did want to thank whoever decided to have it over President's Day weekend. That Monday holiday makes travel plans a bit easier to coordinate, and from a work perspective, that's one less day to take off (or one extra vacation day to enjoy)!!

I think you may be overestimating my power, but I am also glad that its over Presidents' Day. When I said 'in charge' I meant of student-facing activities. Bruce and co are really the ones spearheading the whole thing, and they do a stellar job.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 00:06
Expert's post
OhDenny wrote:
aerien wrote:
@OhDenny: Not sure if you had any involvement in the date pick for Winter Welcome, but I did want to thank whoever decided to have it over President's Day weekend. That Monday holiday makes travel plans a bit easier to coordinate, and from a work perspective, that's one less day to take off (or one extra vacation day to enjoy)!!

I think you may be overestimating my power, but I am also glad that its over Presidents' Day. When I said 'in charge' I meant of student-facing activities. Bruce and co are really the ones spearheading the whole thing, and they do a stellar job.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Well I appreciate it nonetheless!

_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.8
WE: General Management (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 10:05
Hi guys, not sure if any insiders could help me out - I submitted my application on round 2 deadline day (Jan 8), but the status is still showing 'submitted' online. Does this mean that my application has not been reviewed yet? Or I'll probably be rejected (not received any email though)? Thanks!
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 20:07
Expert's post
haiwen wrote:
Hi guys, not sure if any insiders could help me out - I submitted my application on round 2 deadline day (Jan 8), but the status is still showing 'submitted' online. Does this mean that my application has not been reviewed yet? Or I'll probably be rejected (not received any email though)? Thanks!


I've been admitted and my status still says submitted. If you get an interview invite, you'll receive an email so there's no need to constantly check your status.

Posted from my mobile device Image

_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:13
Hi all

Did any international applicants get an invite at Yale for the long weekend? Any interview invites to international applicants?

I am from Canada applied in R2.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2011
Posts: 129
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 10:26
GreenMan wrote:
Hi all

Did any international applicants get an invite at Yale for the long weekend? Any interview invites to international applicants?

I am from Canada applied in R2.


I'm from Europe and got an interview invite last week. I'll have my interview on Skype though as unfortunately I cannot travel to the US.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 07:57
aerien wrote:

I've been admitted and my status still says submitted. If you get an interview invite, you'll receive an email so there's no need to constantly check your status.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Looks like b-schools like you :)
Which will you choose?
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 08:34
Expert's post
rainfall wrote:
aerien wrote:

I've been admitted and my status still says submitted. If you get an interview invite, you'll receive an email so there's no need to constantly check your status.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Looks like b-schools like you :)
Which will you choose?


Still deciding! I should make a decision soon though :)

Posted from my mobile device Image

_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 31
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 09:38
Hey all, just joining the conversation. Was invited to interview and I just scheduled it on Feb 13th in the AM. Anyone else joining me?!

_________________

GMAT Official 3: Q45, V44, 730

570-to-660-to-730-my-gmat-journey-144703.html

The GMAT is beatable! Perseverance is the name of the game!

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 09:42
Were you just invited today?

Didn't seem like any had went out this week thus far, so good to see they are coming out again.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 31
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 09:44
zaffro13 wrote:
Were you just invited today?

Didn't seem like any had went out this week thus far, so good to see they are coming out again.



Yes, today. I should mention that I applied through Consortium which has different deadlines.

_________________

GMAT Official 3: Q45, V44, 730

570-to-660-to-730-my-gmat-journey-144703.html

The GMAT is beatable! Perseverance is the name of the game!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 09:31
zaffro13 wrote:
Were you just invited today?

Didn't seem like any had went out this week thus far, so good to see they are coming out again.


I just got an invite this morning, Saturday 1/26. I don't understand the rhyme or reason, but I'm happy!
6 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V50
GPA: 3.72
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [6] , given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 01:00
6
This post received
KUDOS
Just wanted to note that I interviewed on campus a few days ago, and I was asked very similar questions to those listed above. In fact, my (quite formal) interviewer stated that he was a "trained 2nd year interviewer" and he had questions that he had to "ask everyone." It wasn't a particularly conversational interview, perhaps due to those constraints, but I tried my best to adopt a warm and familiar tone! I was asked, very similarly to the above poster, the following:

- Discuss your current position and how you got there;
- Discuss a leadership position you served in;
- Discuss a time when you received push-back and how you resolved it;
- Discuss a time when you were running behind schedule on a project;
- Tell me what you will contribute to our campus and community;
- Tell me why you want to do an MBA;
- Tell me why you want to go to Yale; and
- Do you have any questions for me.

Also wanted to add that, per the very lovely and amazing admissions staff, all Round 2 decisions are going to go out on the same date in "late March," so it seems to me that late interviewers are not at a disadvantage!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Accounting, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Kellogg '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 18:56
Is there any news about the R2 invitation to interview? Quite anxious about it...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 18:58
ayiayio wrote:
Is there any news about the R2 invitation to interview? Quite anxious about it...


Check out the applicant summary. 15 have been invited and 1 has already had their interview for R2.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 199
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [2] , given: 80

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 14:43
2
This post received
KUDOS
Great newly updated website discussing the SOM Core Curriculum. Both the best visual presentation as well as the best description of classes I've seen. Hope it's useful!
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 18:16
Expert's post
OhDenny wrote:
Great newly updated website discussing the SOM Core Curriculum. Both the best visual presentation as well as the best description of classes I've seen. Hope it's useful!


Really useful site!
RE: "Orientation to Management" -- Does this mean you take 8 classes during Orientation/ 1st quarter?

_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2013, 18:16
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
286 Experts publish their posts in the topic Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1287 06 Jul 2012, 18:10
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants Dbalks 159 13 Dec 2012, 16:57
63 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants nink 913 02 Jul 2009, 06:55
6 Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! IHateTheGMAT 421 20 Jul 2008, 21:45
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  65    Next  [ 1288 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.