Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 09:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 32

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 06:03
1
This post received
KUDOS
aerien wrote:
This is completely conjecture, but since in R1 the adcom took 2 weeks before the decision date to review apps and not hold any more interviews, working backwards for R2 would mean:

Decisions released: March 28
Last interview day: March 14*
So, last invites would go out by: February 28 (assuming they give you 2 weeks to schedule the interview)

It's possible they could go into early March depending on yield from R1 as well (deposits are due on March 1). I'm just a random person on the Internet guessing though....adcom could invite people all the way to March 28 if they wanted to!

As always, it's not over until it's over so keep hoping!


*Someone with a recent invite could tell when the last available day in the system is


As a WL applicant, I'm very much looking fwd to March 1st as well. Hopefully there will be some movement once they have a better idea of Rd1 yield!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 22
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.43
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 13:37
1
This post received
KUDOS
I interviewed this past Friday with a very engaging and personable 2nd year. He made the experience enjoyable and fun for both parties. I have to say, though, it was a bit odd sitting in the room with like 20 other people waiting to be called to the gallows. As one person in the room put it, "It's like we are waiting for the Reaping."

So to the rest of those waiting, "MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!" :-D
_________________

BS Chemical Engineering - UC Berkeley c/o 2009

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V50
GPA: 3.72
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 18:30
Puyallup wrote:
I interviewed this past Friday with a very engaging and personable 2nd year. He made the experience enjoyable and fun for both parties. I have to say, though, it was a bit odd sitting in the room with like 20 other people waiting to be called to the gallows. As one person in the room put it, "It's like we are waiting for the Reaping."

So to the rest of those waiting, "MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!" :-D


Agreed! I was in a room with a number of other applicants, and I was actually the very last person called... which was sort of nerve-wracking! That said, I truly appreciated the centralized, organized nature of things! Glad you had a fun interviewer! (Mine was a bit difficult...)

:)
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 04:41
Hi guys,

I had an interview this morning with Bruce Delmonico (his first interivew as part of his India interview tour).

Just wanted to know from the experienced Yalies on if there is a huge advantage to personally interviewing with Bruce as compared to say a 2nd year student? The interview itself went off well as we spoke more about my transitions and goals and professiona achievements.

Also, I am looking to move back to my family business to support my brother. Do you guys think it is fine to do so now after my interview or will there be questions on this and viewed unfavorably at the time of my admissions (hoping that there will be one).

Any help would be appreciated on this.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 09:44
It seems like the off-campus skype interviews are with admissions committee member. Does anyone know if this is always true? or can it be with a current student?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2011
Posts: 129
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:24
mba20155 wrote:
It seems like the off-campus skype interviews are with admissions committee member. Does anyone know if this is always true? or can it be with a current student?


My Skype interview was with a 2nd year student about a month ago. I suppose it also depends on whether students are available in a given period or not (exams, breaks etc.).
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:28
GPT55 wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
It seems like the off-campus skype interviews are with admissions committee member. Does anyone know if this is always true? or can it be with a current student?


My Skype interview was with a 2nd year student about a month ago. I suppose it also depends on whether students are available in a given period or not (exams, breaks etc.).


I see. thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 12:37
1
This post received
KUDOS
Long-time lurker, first post. I am a consortium applicant and today received notification of acceptance.
Current Student
avatar
Status: Yale! (whipped and bound)
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 403
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 13:03
coogikat1two wrote:
Long-time lurker, first post. I am a consortium applicant and today received notification of acceptance.


Congrats!
_________________

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 116
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 50 [1] , given: 37

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 13:40
1
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call. ACCEPTED AT YALE! Then I thoroughly embarassed myself by yelling "oh shit" to the Adcom director for 3 minutes straight.
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:10
Expert's post
rahulrg wrote:
I am looking to move back to my family business to support my brother. Do you guys think it is fine to do so now after my interview or will there be questions on this and viewed unfavorably at the time of my admissions (hoping that there will be one).


This is probably fine if you were to be admitted as long as you can explain it when it comes time for the background check, should they ask for updated information.

The only thing, imo, to be cautious about would be if you do not gain admission and matriculate to a school this year. Does working with your family business align with your long-term goals? Does it fit with your story/application for next year or the year after if you re-apply for your MBA? If so, then do it. If not, then you have some things to think about.
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 09:22
I am applying to Yale in Round 3. Does anyone know what Yale really means when they say that "they look at all GMAT scores"?

Do they average scores or just see the trend etc. I have taken it few times (5+), so wondering if I should write an optional essay about it.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 10:56
Just had my interview today and it was overall a pleasant experience! Now I just have to be anxious until the decision day. good luck to everyone!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [1] , given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 19:49
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
hailmary620 wrote:
I am applying to Yale in Round 3. Does anyone know what Yale really means when they say that "they look at all GMAT scores"?

Do they average scores or just see the trend etc. I have taken it few times (5+), so wondering if I should write an optional essay about it.


From what I've heard they just see the trend -- hopefully yours went up :)

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [1] , given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 20:23
1
This post received
KUDOS
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
I am applying to Yale in Round 3. Does anyone know what Yale really means when they say that "they look at all GMAT scores"?

Do they average scores or just see the trend etc. I have taken it few times (5+), so wondering if I should write an optional essay about it.


From what I've heard they just see the trend -- hopefully yours went up :)

Posted from my mobile device Image


Yes, it did after half a dozen attempts :). I should be GMACs most valuable customer.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 13:05
urarunner2 wrote:
Got the call. ACCEPTED AT YALE! Then I thoroughly embarassed myself by yelling "oh shit" to the Adcom director for 3 minutes straight.


haha, congrats!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 118
Location: China
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 18:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary620 wrote:
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
I am applying to Yale in Round 3. Does anyone know what Yale really means when they say that "they look at all GMAT scores"?

Do they average scores or just see the trend etc. I have taken it few times (5+), so wondering if I should write an optional essay about it.


From what I've heard they just see the trend -- hopefully yours went up :)

Posted from my mobile device Image


Yes, it did after half a dozen attempts :). I should be GMACs most valuable customer.


Hey hailmary620, hilarious things happened to me when I was taking GMAT. GMAC mailed me after my test and told me that one question in Maths had been wrongly graded and my score will be 10 points higher. To "compensate" (which I don't think giving you a higher score was anything uncool), they offered me a free test. I took the test a month later (actually enjoying testing at GMAC w/o paying $250), and got a higher score. If Yale views taking more than one GMAT as a killer, we could've been in the dead boat already... Btw, I haven't heard anything from Yale now so I have already viewed this as a lost cause.
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 15:45
Expert's post
Ok guys, R1 deposit deadline was at noon ET today. Do we have anymore GmatClubbers matriculating? :-D

Also, has anyone received confirmations about their deposit? I'd hate for something to go wrong and to get that scary "your offer has been rescinded" notice (like someone who missed the deadline did in the Columbia thread!)

Lastly, good luck to all the R2s and R1 waitlisters waiting to hear back! It's March now, so the clock is ticking!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Status: Yale! (whipped and bound)
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 403
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [1] , given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 15:54
1
This post received
KUDOS
aerien wrote:
Ok guys, R1 deposit deadline was at noon ET today. Do we have anymore GmatClubbers matriculating? :-D

Also, has anyone received confirmations about their deposit? I'd hate for something to go wrong and to get that scary "your offer has been rescinded" notice (like someone who missed the deadline did in the Columbia thread!)

Lastly, good luck to all the R2s and R1 waitlisters waiting to hear back! It's March now, so the clock is ticking!


I got nervous about not receiving confirmation but then I saw it within my application update. If you log into the application you'll see that there are two letters from Bruce, one congratulating you and another letting you know that they're reserving your spot.

I forgot that today was R1's big day!
_________________

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:18
Expert's post
machichi wrote:
aerien wrote:
Ok guys, R1 deposit deadline was at noon ET today. Do we have anymore GmatClubbers matriculating? :-D

Also, has anyone received confirmations about their deposit? I'd hate for something to go wrong and to get that scary "your offer has been rescinded" notice (like someone who missed the deadline did in the Columbia thread!)

Lastly, good luck to all the R2s and R1 waitlisters waiting to hear back! It's March now, so the clock is ticking!


I got nervous about not receiving confirmation but then I saw it within my application update. If you log into the application you'll see that there are two letters from Bruce, one congratulating you and another letting you know that they're reserving your spot.


Ah! Got it -- thanks :)
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2013, 16:18
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
286 Experts publish their posts in the topic Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1287 06 Jul 2012, 18:10
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants Dbalks 159 13 Dec 2012, 16:57
63 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants nink 913 02 Jul 2009, 06:55
6 Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! IHateTheGMAT 421 20 Jul 2008, 21:45
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  65    Next  [ 1288 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.