Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Dec 2014, 07:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 13:06
Any international applicant got an invite??

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 07:44
Blackswanish wrote:
Any international applicant got an invite??

Posted from my mobile device Image

I'm an international applicant and I received invitation at the end on January... I am guessing because the admission decision is until April you can still expect more invitations rolling out...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 07:45
aerien wrote:
mb031182zy wrote:
Hello everyone,

does anybody know if any admission decisions are rolled out before march 28th?

Thanks!

For R1, we all found out on the decision day. Calls went out to admits in the morning/early afternoon ET and emails went out to WL/dings after that. I'd guess it's similar for R2.

Thanks a lot for that, it is very helpfull,

does anybody know how the acceptance rate is at Yale after interview, I was told around 60-70%
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 10:49
mb031182zy wrote:
aerien wrote:
mb031182zy wrote:
Hello everyone,

does anybody know if any admission decisions are rolled out before march 28th?

Thanks!

For R1, we all found out on the decision day. Calls went out to admits in the morning/early afternoon ET and emails went out to WL/dings after that. I'd guess it's similar for R2.

Thanks a lot for that, it is very helpfull,

does anybody know how the acceptance rate is at Yale after interview, I was told around 60-70%

I thought it was in the range of 60% for those interviewed for 1st round. For second round, I'm not sure if that % goes up or down.
I do remember in the student/faculty Q&A session they told us that interviewing is an indication that your place is in the class is highly secured, without giving percentages.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 37

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 13:44
Does anyone know how long it takes for Yale to make a decision after interviews? I had mine on the 14th.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 14:29
kriddick2 wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes for Yale to make a decision after interviews? I had mine on the 14th.

Us Consortium folks will be hearing back some time next week
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 17:20
ayiayio wrote:
when can we expect another wave of invitation to interview or I just forget about this application as a ding...?

Today was the last day of the majority of interviews but they said there would still be some that come out after today. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 17:31
aerien wrote:
skm wrote:
thebschoollife wrote:
To those who attended the Winter Welcome - did you get the chance to discuss/look at housing? I have been hearing that downtown or East Rock are the places to stay. Was wondering if you had visited or were recommended any apartment buildings downtown?

We visited 360 State, but not to look at housing. I think most people are planning to figure this out in April.

@OhDenny talked about his house in East Rock here: yale-som-2013-calling-all-applicants-135398-560.html#p1170820

I also stayed in East Rock when I visited and it had a quieter, neighborhood feel as opposed to downtown with restaurants, bars, etc right outside your door. Where you live depends on your personality and where you want to be, but as @skm said most aren't going to figure out specifics until April or after.

I stayed at 360 state with a friend and there are a decent number of Yalies of all varieties- som, med etc. it's a very modern building with all the perks of a big city place (with the appropriate price tag, 2 bedrooms for $2700) but less homey. I hear east rock is cheaper but maybe a little more rundown.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 281

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 04:59
Expert's post
ln0038a wrote:
I stayed at 360 state with a friend and there are a decent number of Yalies of all varieties- som, med etc. it's a very modern building with all the perks of a big city place (with the appropriate price tag, 2 bedrooms for $2700) but less homey. I hear east rock is cheaper but maybe a little more rundown.

I think "rundown" is relative. Obviously, try to go to New Haven and check out an apartment before you sign a lease, but the few places I did see in East Rock, while older homes (some of them are probably built in the early 1900s), the insides were in great condition with nice appliances, floors, etc

If you're coming from Manhattan and live in a nice walk-up/high-rise with a concierge service and whatnot, then 360 State is probably what you're looking for if you want to keep the same type of living. If you're looking for a home or an apartment that's 1-2 floors of a home, then East Rock is a better fit.

I heard some people live in Mansfield too, but I don't know much about that area/haven't been there.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 05:01
Expert's post
Question for the acceptees/matriculating folks -- if we submitted scanned copies of transcripts when we applied (and the checklist has a green check mark next to "Transcript"), do we still need to submit official hard-copies?

I might just send them to be sure but just wondering if anyone already figured this out. Thanks!

aerien

Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 07:23
aerien wrote:
Question for the acceptees/matriculating folks -- if we submitted scanned copies of transcripts when we applied (and the checklist has a green check mark next to "Transcript"), do we still need to submit official hard-copies?

I might just send them to be sure but just wondering if anyone already figured this out. Thanks!

I think you do. On the admitted students website:
Quote:
If your transcripts and degree certifications were not submitted during the application process, you must send us official transcripts for all institutions you have attended and degree certifications for all institutions from which you have graduated.

I would imagine official means un-scanned, signed, sealed, etc. They also want your transcripts by the enrollment date.

PS. I've been creeping on here for a while, and missed Winter Welcome, but am so excited to meet you all at Welcome Weekend! Thanks for being an awesome resource.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 08:34
Expert's post
cabom wrote:
aerien wrote:

I think you do. On the admitted students website:
Quote:
If your transcripts and degree certifications were not submitted during the application process, you must send us official transcripts for all institutions you have attended and degree certifications for all institutions from which you have graduated.

I would imagine official means un-scanned, signed, sealed, etc. They also want your transcripts by the enrollment date.

PS. I've been creeping on here for a while, and missed Winter Welcome, but am so excited to meet you all at Welcome Weekend! Thanks for being an awesome resource.

Thanks, cabom! I guess I'll be running to the post office AND the bank this weekend. *Countdown to noon on March 1* lol

aerien

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 13:21
I must say, initially I was thinking 360 state is the way i want to live out b school (downtown/closer to bars/right next to train), but East Rock life may be as or potentially even more social with multiple roommates and more of a neighborhood feel. Would be amazing to get away paying 600 to 800 on rent rather than 1.3K+
Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 18:36
Expert's post
haxx19 wrote:
Just got back from vacation (unfortunately missed Winter Welcome) and after much contemplation am now blue as well! Looking forward to meeting everyone in April!

Woohoo! You made a great choice :-D See you in April!

Also, care to elaborate on how you made your choice? I'm sure you'll get lots of questions about it!

aerien

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 20:20
haxx19 wrote:
aerien wrote:
mba2527 wrote:
There we go - you can see the blue now :) Looks like I beat aerien to the task!

I'm blue now too!!

I was going to wait until after Winter Welcome to keep @OhDenny on his toes, but I've already decided. :)

Just got back from vacation (unfortunately missed Winter Welcome) and after much contemplation am now blue as well! Looking forward to meeting everyone in April!

Noooo!!! Just kidding :). Glad you made the best decision for you. After all, that's what's most important in this process.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 05:43
Expert's post
kingfalcon wrote:
haxx19 wrote:

Noooo!!! Just kidding :). Glad you made the best decision for you. After all, that's what's most important in this process.

Hahaha! Don't worry, kingfalcon, you'll have other GC-ers as fellow Sloanies soon enough!

aerien

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 07:18
ctgmat123 wrote:
Just received my invitation to interview today as a r2 applicant

Posted from my mobile device

How did you recieve your interview invitation? Phone call or email?
Is there any chance I can still get one? (I submitted my application close to the deadline)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 07:41
aerien wrote:

yup you do from all schools!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 15:04
hi, whats the last date to hear back for an interview decision? could not find that on the Yale SOM website. I don't think it can be much longer.

I am an R2 applicant from Toronto.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 19:49
Live at 360. Trust me. PM with questions.

ps, all students will be gone from approx. march 2-22, so i would not expect any responses around those dates.
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2013, 19:49