Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
lb2015 wrote:
Agreed. naughtyelf, did you check your spam folder?

Nuttin'...
Weird....
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [3]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
A similar email went out for R1 with the rather ominous subject "Round 1 Update". I feel like everyone should have received the email since its really just a reminder of when decisions will be released (hah! Like you all needed reminders...), but regardless, the email itself has no bearing on your decision.

If you're admitted you'll receive a phone call from an admissions officer. If you miss the call, they'll leave you a voicemail and followup with an email. You'll also get a generic status update email with a congratulatory letter on the status website. Good luck with the rest of the waiting and the results :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I didn't rcv the email either - not sure why they wouldn't send it to everyone that has interviewed? ... :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
lazarusrisen wrote:
ln0038a wrote:
msss wrote:
Did everyone just get the "touching base" email from SOM? Scared the bejeezus out of me! Then realized that Yale was just kindly reminding me to wait another 2.5 weeks for a decision :/

Same. I dont know how to feel. Thanks for letting us know you havent forgotten us, but really can't you just tell us noooow.

Did both of you interview?

Yes.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
mba20155 wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
i didn't receive the email!!! Panic maybe?

Did you interview? The email I got started off by saying "it's been a while since you interviewed"

Another tidbit to add: I've noticed SOM personalizes their emails to an extent, which I thought was a nice touch. For R1 at least, if you interviewed early on, you got an email that started with "it's been a while since you interviewed....". If you had to reschedule your interview due to Hurricane Sandy, the email thanked you for your flexibility during that time. If you had just interviewed, then your email was a more generic "thanks for coming to campus..."

I'm not sure what's up with the R2 emails since at least one person didn't get one. Perhaps that has to do with Skype vs in-person interviews? Or it could just be that some admissions officers sent them and others didn't (again, not sure how that would happen but we've all seen stranger things happen when it comes to adcom communications)? Just my 2 cents.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:

Did you interview? The email I got started off by saying "it's been a while since you interviewed"

Another tidbit to add: I've noticed SOM personalizes their emails to an extent, which I thought was a nice touch. For R1 at least, if you interviewed early on, you got an email that started with "it's been a while since you interviewed....". If you had to reschedule your interview due to Hurricane Sandy, the email thanked you for your flexibility during that time. If you had just interviewed, then your email was a more generic "thanks for coming to campus..."

I'm not sure what's up with the R2 emails since at least one person didn't get one. Perhaps that has to do with Skype vs in-person interviews? Or it could just be that some admissions officers sent them and others didn't (again, not sure how that would happen but we've all seen stranger things happen when it comes to adcom communications)? Just my 2 cents.

I missed my original on-campus interview due to snow storm Nemo and had to do a Skype interview, but I got the generic thanks for interviewing email. I guess no personalization for R2? haha either way.. can't wait till decision date!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
aerien wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:

I missed my original on-campus interview due to snow storm Nemo and had to do a Skype interview, but I got the generic thanks for interviewing email. I guess no personalization for R2? haha either way.. can't wait till decision date!

It's also possible they have some cutoff date for sending that kind of e-mail, obviously if you interviewed recently they wouldn't send you an e-mail saying "it's been a while"... hope that helps :) The 28th cant come soon enough Yale is my dream school :-D GL TO ALL.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
mba20155 wrote:
aerien wrote:
mba20155 wrote:

Haha. I'm starting to think they spent too much time on the R1 apps :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: Yale '15 (WL)
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
As mentioned above, I believe the "Touch base" mail from SOM is NOT indicative of any decision. If you guys are freaking out, you should definitely call SOM. I am sure they ll tell the same but at the least it will calm ur anxiety.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
lb2015 wrote:
Agreed. naughtyelf, did you check your spam folder?

Nuttin'...
Weird....

Did you interview in late February? early March? If so, that's probably why you didn't get the e-mail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Really random question, but did anyone ask an adcom to see if IR scores are being looked at this year in evaluating GMAT scores? On the printed application IR score doesn't appear but on the online form it does.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
tokugawa86 wrote:
Really random question, but did anyone ask an adcom to see if IR scores are being looked at this year in evaluating GMAT scores? On the printed application IR score doesn't appear but on the online form it does.

This is the first year it's available - and only if you took the "New" exam - so I think all schools are just using it as reference and not for a huge evaluative purpose.

Next year, and subsequently each year after until everyone will have to take the new exam, the section will gain more importance as a part of the GMAT score.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
With all the Tuck and Duke love out there today, I figured Yale needed some love too!

So, to all you R2s waiting eagerly for the next two weeks to go by as quickly as possible, take some time to read through the Yale SOM Blog. And as you may or may not have noticed the recent lack of current student postings here on GMATClub, from the blog you'll see that they're off exploring the world (and basically having much cooler lives than we are sitting here....). Maybe a year from now, we'll all be off exploring Indonesia, South Africa, Brazil, Japan, etc etc etc

And if that's not enough to distract you, have a fun-filled St. Patty's day weekend - in the US, Ireland, or whatever country you're from/in!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
Does anyone know why Yale delayed its Round 3 deadline to mid-April? In past, they usually had a mid-march deadline. Is it because they are expecting a lower yield this year? Its confusing why a school will push back its deadline by almost a month.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
hailmary620 wrote:
Does anyone know why Yale delayed its Round 3 deadline to mid-April? In past, they usually had a mid-march deadline. Is it because they are expecting a lower yield this year? Its confusing why a school will push back its deadline by almost a month.

Deadlines for this application cycle were made about a year ago to date, way before this year's recruiting cycle even began. Schools take into account a variety of factors when deciding on application timelines. I'm not privy to what adcom officers discuss as far as those decisions are concerned, but the decision to move that date - or any other - was one decided awhile ago, not one made after R1 applications were accepted or 3rd party rankings were released.

SOM is going through a lot of changes now with Dean Snyder, the new building, etc so I'm sure it was a thought out, strategic move on their part.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 296 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
_

Originally posted by vikram4689 on 16 Mar 2013, 04:14.
Last edited by vikram4689 on 16 Mar 2013, 10:55, edited 4 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Your situation certainly has the potential to make for a great answer. I wrote about quitting KPMG for a position with Protiviti - Middle East. New role, more responsibilities, new culture and plenty of learning.

Originally posted by Pashya on 16 Mar 2013, 05:17.
Last edited by Pashya on 16 Mar 2013, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts