Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Jul 2014, 23:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 01:13
Expert's post
MAJMMM wrote:
all students will be gone from approx. march 2-22, so i would not expect any responses around those dates.

Have fun on spring break & your international experience trips!

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V50
GPA: 3.72
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 18:30
Puyallup wrote:
I interviewed this past Friday with a very engaging and personable 2nd year. He made the experience enjoyable and fun for both parties. I have to say, though, it was a bit odd sitting in the room with like 20 other people waiting to be called to the gallows. As one person in the room put it, "It's like we are waiting for the Reaping."

So to the rest of those waiting, "MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!" :-D

Agreed! I was in a room with a number of other applicants, and I was actually the very last person called... which was sort of nerve-wracking! That said, I truly appreciated the centralized, organized nature of things! Glad you had a fun interviewer! (Mine was a bit difficult...)

:)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 04:41
Hi guys,

I had an interview this morning with Bruce Delmonico (his first interivew as part of his India interview tour).

Just wanted to know from the experienced Yalies on if there is a huge advantage to personally interviewing with Bruce as compared to say a 2nd year student? The interview itself went off well as we spoke more about my transitions and goals and professiona achievements.

Also, I am looking to move back to my family business to support my brother. Do you guys think it is fine to do so now after my interview or will there be questions on this and viewed unfavorably at the time of my admissions (hoping that there will be one).

Any help would be appreciated on this.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 09:44
It seems like the off-campus skype interviews are with admissions committee member. Does anyone know if this is always true? or can it be with a current student?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:24
mba20155 wrote:
It seems like the off-campus skype interviews are with admissions committee member. Does anyone know if this is always true? or can it be with a current student?

My Skype interview was with a 2nd year student about a month ago. I suppose it also depends on whether students are available in a given period or not (exams, breaks etc.).
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:28
GPT55 wrote:
mba20155 wrote:

My Skype interview was with a 2nd year student about a month ago. I suppose it also depends on whether students are available in a given period or not (exams, breaks etc.).

I see. thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 13:03
coogikat1two wrote:
Long-time lurker, first post. I am a consortium applicant and today received notification of acceptance.

Congrats!

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:10
Expert's post
rahulrg wrote:
I am looking to move back to my family business to support my brother. Do you guys think it is fine to do so now after my interview or will there be questions on this and viewed unfavorably at the time of my admissions (hoping that there will be one).

This is probably fine if you were to be admitted as long as you can explain it when it comes time for the background check, should they ask for updated information.

The only thing, imo, to be cautious about would be if you do not gain admission and matriculate to a school this year. Does working with your family business align with your long-term goals? Does it fit with your story/application for next year or the year after if you re-apply for your MBA? If so, then do it. If not, then you have some things to think about.

aerien

Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 09:22
I am applying to Yale in Round 3. Does anyone know what Yale really means when they say that "they look at all GMAT scores"?

Do they average scores or just see the trend etc. I have taken it few times (5+), so wondering if I should write an optional essay about it.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 10:56
Just had my interview today and it was overall a pleasant experience! Now I just have to be anxious until the decision day. good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 13:05
urarunner2 wrote:
Got the call. ACCEPTED AT YALE! Then I thoroughly embarassed myself by yelling "oh shit" to the Adcom director for 3 minutes straight.

haha, congrats!!
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 15:45
Expert's post
Ok guys, R1 deposit deadline was at noon ET today. Do we have anymore GmatClubbers matriculating? :-D

Also, has anyone received confirmations about their deposit? I'd hate for something to go wrong and to get that scary "your offer has been rescinded" notice (like someone who missed the deadline did in the Columbia thread!)

Lastly, good luck to all the R2s and R1 waitlisters waiting to hear back! It's March now, so the clock is ticking!

aerien

Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:18
Expert's post
machichi wrote:
aerien wrote:
Ok guys, R1 deposit deadline was at noon ET today. Do we have anymore GmatClubbers matriculating? :-D

Also, has anyone received confirmations about their deposit? I'd hate for something to go wrong and to get that scary "your offer has been rescinded" notice (like someone who missed the deadline did in the Columbia thread!)

Lastly, good luck to all the R2s and R1 waitlisters waiting to hear back! It's March now, so the clock is ticking!

I got nervous about not receiving confirmation but then I saw it within my application update. If you log into the application you'll see that there are two letters from Bruce, one congratulating you and another letting you know that they're reserving your spot.

Ah! Got it -- thanks :)

aerien

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 20

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:31
Friends,

I am planning to apply in R3. I would like to know about possibilities of getting admitted in R3 (is it substantial or is it almost 0). Also just in case, if i don't get in this time and apply in next year EA/R1, is Yale a re-applicant friendly school ? someone told me Duke is
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 21:56
Any news from current Yale SOM students as to the estimated class size for Fall 2013 entry?

I could imagine it to be bigger than previous years because of the new campus, but the idea that it'll open several months after classes begin leads me to think they might not significantly increase class size this year...

Aerien, look! I changed my status to Matriculating! :)
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 22:12
jason12e wrote:
Any news from current Yale SOM students as to the estimated class size for Fall 2013 entry?

I could imagine it to be bigger than previous years because of the new campus, but the idea that it'll open several months after classes begin leads me to think they might not significantly increase class size this year...

When I was on campus they mentioned they were increasing enrollment until they reached 350 and giving themselves until 2017 to do so. The class of 2013 was 227, 2014 was 249. They'll probably continue to grow pretty steadily, meaning our class will be somewhere around 275.

(Congrats on going blue! woohoo!)

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 23:19
machichi wrote:
jason12e wrote:

When I was on campus they mentioned they were increasing enrollment until they reached 350 and giving themselves until 2017 to do so. The class of 2013 was 227, 2014 was 249. They'll probably continue to grow pretty steadily, meaning our class will be somewhere around 275.

Go Blue! Oh wait, that's a different school...

We have 26 admits here to date, but only 10 have changed their status to matriculating. I wonder if the Facebook page is a better indication of the number of people who have confirmed.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 00:03
jason12e wrote:
machichi wrote:
jason12e wrote:

Go Blue! Oh wait, that's a different school...

We have 26 admits here to date, but only 10 have changed their status to matriculating. I wonder if the Facebook page is a better indication of the number of people who have confirmed.

You mean Yale class of 2015 page or the Gmat club page ??

If there is a yale class of 2015 page on fb can you provide me the link.

Thank you
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 06:09
Any R2 candidates that got a recent invite? Trying to figure out if all the invites have gone out for R2.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 06:17
Expert's post
jason12e wrote:

Yaaay!!!

maxkrewl wrote:
jason12e wrote:
machichi wrote:

You mean Yale class of 2015 page or the Gmat club page ??

If there is a yale class of 2015 page on fb can you provide me the link.

Thank you

The fb group is a better indicator of number of acceptances (for any school); Yale's link is in the first post of this thread.

aerien

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2013, 06:17