Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 05 May 2015, 02:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 14:13
can't.. concentrate.. on.. anything!!!!!!! please come faster Thursday!!
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 458 [0], given: 306

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 14:31
Expert's post
machichi wrote:
2) I can't find a place to upload a passport photo but they explicitly ask for one in the previous screen. Anyone figured this out?

Looks like the picture + email activation got moved to the end of April. This kind of makes me sad.... (how cheesy am I?!)

@Ugeman -- were you able to fill out your student verification form? Perhaps call adcom; it could be a technical issue?

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 23

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 23:09
aerien wrote:
machichi wrote:
2) I can't find a place to upload a passport photo but they explicitly ask for one in the previous screen. Anyone figured this out?

Looks like the picture + email activation got moved to the end of April. This kind of makes me sad.... (how cheesy am I?!)

@Ugeman -- were you able to fill out your student verification form? Perhaps call adcom; it could be a technical issue?

Hey Aerien! Just saw your member of the month tag. Great job! You thoroughly deserve it! You've been ultra-active on this forum and your insightful posts have really helped!

INSEAD - MBA Class of December 2015
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/insead15d/
WhatsApp Group (Admits): PM me with your number to join the group :-)

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 03:16
Expert's post
Pashya wrote:
Hey Aerien! Just saw your member of the month tag. Great job! You thoroughly deserve it! You've been ultra-active on this forum and your insightful posts have really helped!

Thanks, Pashya! Good luck this week!

aerien

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 04:21
GPT55 wrote:
R1 admits please help: did you get scholarship info directly after getting accepted or did you have to wait for some time (f.e. you got it with your package by mail)?

Thanks!

I would be interested to know this as well...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 04:22
This post received
KUDOS
MBAforEdReform wrote:
GPT55 wrote:
R1 admits please help: did you get scholarship info directly after getting accepted or did you have to wait for some time (f.e. you got it with your package by mail)?

Thanks!

They will tell it on the phone, directly!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 04:24
BankerRUS wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:
GPT55 wrote:

Thanks!

They will tell it on the phone, directly!

Thanks!!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 05:59
aerien wrote:
machichi wrote:

Still no dice for me... I emailed the AdCom to ask about it. The link is still unclickable. I hope they didn't give my spot away!
Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 06:31
Expert's post
ugeman229 wrote:
aerien wrote:
machichi wrote:

Still no dice for me... I emailed the AdCom to ask about it. The link is still unclickable. I hope they didn't give my spot away!

Pretty sure if you can see that page, they haven't given away your spot just yet. Now, I don't know what will happen come Thursday ;)

aerien

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: Yale '15 (WL)
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 06:56
yale som interview acceptance rate :
Tuesday morning....trying really hard to kill some time and decided to pull up the stats for R1 2013.

* Stats based on "Latest GMAT Club Member Profile Updates" table page 1 of this thread.

After filtering all the duplicate entries, it looks like

Interview and Admitted : 26

Interviewed and Wait-listed : 16 ( WTH :shock: )

Interviewed and Ding : 3

Interviewed and did not update : 11

Ignoring the 11, Interviewed and no update population

Probability of Admit after Interview = 58% ( in line with Bruce " and a little more than half of those interviewed are ultimately offered a place in the class ")

Probability of Wait-List after Interview = 36% ( this high percentage bothers me the most )

Probability of Ding after Interview = 7%

Last edited by alphabetagamma on 26 Mar 2013, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Owen '15 (M)
GRE 1: 1490 Q770 V720
GPA: 3.88

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 07:18
Hi All,

Does anyone have insight into how competitive R3 is and whether any scholarship funding is still available? I have a full scholarship offer at Vanderbilt but their recent tumble in the rankings is slightly concerning and I've grown increasingly interested in the raw cases Yale uses.

Stats: 3.88 GPA (dual honors programs), 1490 GRE, 5 years WE in healthcare & utilities consulting, a stint with Americorps, taking GMAT in April.

Thanks for your help!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 07:39
alphabetagamma wrote:
Tuesday morning....trying really hard to kill some time and decided to pull up the stats for R1 2013.

* Stats based on "Latest GMAT Club Member Profile Updates" table page 1 of this thread.

Probability of Admit after Interview = 58% ( in line with Bruce " and a little more than half of those interviewed are ultimately offered a place in the class ")

Probability of Wait-List after Interview = 36% ( this high percentage bothers me the most )

Dings will go up and waitlist should go down, if that makes you feel any better :lol:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: Yale '15 (WL)
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 07:48
chessmaster1234 wrote:
alphabetagamma wrote:

Dings will go up and waitlist should go down, if that makes you feel any better :lol:

I kinda like that, but how do you know ?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 07:51
alphabetagamma wrote:
chessmaster1234 wrote:
alphabetagamma wrote:

I kinda like that, but how do you know ?

Just guessing they are more likely to waitlist people r1 to see what r2 looks like. I dont know. I do know its going to be a long two days.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 08:26
Expert's post
chessmaster1234 wrote:

Just guessing they are more likely to waitlist people r1 to see what r2 looks like. I dont know. I do know its going to be a long two days.

They could also waitlist r2 folks to see what r3 looks like! Keep the hope alive :)

aerien

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 08:57
Expert's post
alphabetagamma wrote:
yale som interview acceptance rate :

If you need other things/people to take your mind off of Thursday (or at least attempt to), join Wharton and GSB folks in the chat and share your story! There are over 850 people on this site right now so there's lots of people to talk with.

JOIN HERE TO CHAT

aerien

Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 09:06
sublimer23 wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone have insight into how competitive R3 is and whether any scholarship funding is still available? I have a full scholarship offer at Vanderbilt but their recent tumble in the rankings is slightly concerning and I've grown increasingly interested in the raw cases Yale uses.

Stats: 3.88 GPA (dual honors programs), 1490 GRE, 5 years WE in healthcare & utilities consulting, a stint with Americorps, taking GMAT in April.

Thanks for your help!

It's competitive in any round, and round 3 may be the most competitive. There is some, but less, scholarship money available.

You won't know unless you try!

Also, your GRE score is strong, why take the GMAT?

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q V

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 19:14

Last edited by chessmaster1 on 03 Mar 2014, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 19:58
aerien wrote:
ugeman229 wrote:

Hmm... I see the line item you are referencing but mine isn't a link (nothing to click). Does this appear after the Re-Vera process?

Not sure. Maybe having the link to fill out the form is the unofficial notice that ReVera's check is complete? Anyone else have the link or not?

I have the link. Don't go to the Next Steps page though, because there won't be a link there. Go instead to the home page/Enroll Dashboard, and then scroll down and click on March.

My problem is I recently renewed my passport and it won't come out 'til April Fool's, so I wouldn't know what my new passport number is. I wonder who I can contact regarding this, or if it's ok to accomplish the form after March 31st...
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 23

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 22:10
T - 1. Jangling nerves and an inability to focus on anything else! I wonder if Yale calls international students a day earlier, like some of these other colleges do.

INSEAD - MBA Class of December 2015
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/insead15d/
WhatsApp Group (Admits): PM me with your number to join the group :-)

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2013, 22:10

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  65    Next  [ 1288 posts ]