Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 04:55
Thanks Aerien
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 05:43
bueller? anyone?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 05:55
Anyone else have the chatroom blocked at work? We have a pretty intense set of filters here...

Hope people continue to update this page as well. Good luck everyone!!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [1] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 06:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
lb2015 wrote:
Anyone else have the chatroom blocked at work? We have a pretty intense set of filters here...

Hope people continue to update this page as well. Good luck everyone!!

It happens. There are some apps you can download that potentially circumvent that but I haven't tried it. The general consensus is that if your work blocks chat, you should be working elsewhere :P

To learn about the apps, look here:
how-to-chat-like-a-pro-144590.html

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 06:24
aerien wrote:
The general consensus is that if your work blocks chat, you should be working elsewhere :P

LOL...i agree with aerien on this!!! :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 06:43
Guys,

I was not invited to interview, does that mean a straight ding today or there are some miniscule chances of making it to waitlist without getting interviewed ?

All the best to you all !
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 8

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:05
Im really confused... some people talk about calls and some people talk about "status updates"...

Which one is it?.. Everybody gets a call and THEN an email? or the other way around?
OR do some people get mails and some people get calls?

:S
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:07
This post received
KUDOS
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
Im really confused... some people talk about calls and some people talk about "status updates"...

Which one is it?.. Everybody gets a call and THEN an email? or the other way around?
OR do some people get mails and some people get calls?

:S

If you are accepted you get a call before all applications are updated at the end of the day. Everyone is waiting for a call....hoping that they don't actually hear via a status update because it likely means you didn't get in.
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:08
thenyrock wrote:
Guys,

I was not invited to interview, does that mean a straight ding today or there are some miniscule chances of making it to waitlist without getting interviewed ?

There were a couple in Round 1, so you never know. Crossing my fingers for you!
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:27
lb2015 wrote:
thenyrock wrote:
Guys,

Thanks buddy ! In a week, I have gone from "post-interview" Wharton/Booth/Kellogg hopeful to "without-interview" Yale waitlist hopeful :(
Life is so hard for me right now :(
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:54
thenyrock wrote:
lb2015 wrote:
thenyrock wrote:
Guys,

Thanks buddy ! In a week, I have gone from "post-interview" Wharton/Booth/Kellogg hopeful to "without-interview" Yale waitlist hopeful :(
Life is so hard for me right now :(

Interviews at Wharton/Booth/Kellogg sound like good problems to have...

Haha, but seriously the wait is surprisingly the worst part of this process. Thankfully, we'll know one way or the other soon
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:10
still no calls?
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:14
lb2015 wrote:

Haha, but seriously the wait is surprisingly the worst part of this process. Thankfully, we'll know one way or the other soon

Somehow, I am starting to feel that wait was better :lol: I got invited to interview from Wharton/Booth and all throughout the wait-period, I was convinced that I will get in at one of these three places. That hope kept me happy throughout the "wait-period". Now with the decisions in hand, I am clueless as what to do.
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:18
thenyrock wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

Somehow, I am starting to feel that wait was better :lol: I got invited to interview from Wharton/Booth and all throughout the wait-period, I was convinced that I will get in at one of these three places. That hope kept me happy throughout the "wait-period". Now with the decisions in hand, I am clueless as what to do.

What are your decisions so far?
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:29
lb2015 wrote:

All dings so far. I interviewed at Wharton/Booth/Sloan/Fuqua last year and they were all "only by invitation" interviews and was dinged from all the schools. This year, I had some major improvements in professional life plus a 30 point GMAT score improvement and still no luck. May be, I just suck at intervieiwing and need to practice more :(
Current Student

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:35
thenyrock wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

All dings so far. I interviewed at Wharton/Booth/Sloan/Fuqua last year and they were all "only by invitation" interviews and was dinged from all the schools. This year, I had some major improvements in professional life plus a 30 point GMAT score improvement and still no luck. May be, I just suck at intervieiwing and need to practice more :(

Wow, that's pretty rough, I'll give you that. I'm impressed, though, that you got so many interviews in the first place! I was dinged straight out at Sloan, and I'm fairly sure Wharton & Booth would have been similar if I had applied (though they didn't really fit what I was looking for, personally).

Did you use an admissions consultant who could maybe give you some feedback? In the meantime, here's hoping for good things for you at Yale!
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:36
Expert's post
thenyrock wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

That's a tough one. Did you come out of the interviews feeling like you did really well or were you thrown some curve balls? You obviously have the academic/resume chops or you wouldn't have been invited everywhere both years, so it could just come down to being able to tell your story/show your personality. It's a hard thing to coach but schools and admission consultants don't do interview prep for nothing!

Good luck today man. Hopefully Yale comes through for you or you'll be back at it for year #3?

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:46
I've been having a staring contest with my phone since 9am. I hope Yale calls soon. good luck to everyone!!!!
8 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015

Kudos [?]: 19 [8] , given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:48
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted !! Got an email from Bruce just a minute back..I am from India
Current Student
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:49
maxkrewl wrote:
Admitted !! Got an email from Bruce just a minute back..I am from India

Congrats!!!!!!! and here we gooooooooooooo
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2013, 08:49