Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [2] , given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:52
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mba20155 wrote:
maxkrewl wrote:
Admitted !! Got an email from Bruce just a minute back..I am from India

Congrats!!!!!!! and here we gooooooooooooo

Yes! Let's get this R2 party started :)

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:54
aerien wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
maxkrewl wrote:

Congrats!!!!!!! and here we gooooooooooooo

Aerien to be frank......your posts about Yale has already motivated and pushed Yale to top priority school for me ( Have couple other admits )

Kudos to you man...I hope to catch with you personally !!!
Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [4] , given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:57
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
maxkrewl wrote:
aerien wrote:
maxkrewl wrote:

Aerien to be frank......your posts about Yale has already motivated and pushed Yale to top priority school for me ( Have couple other admits )

Kudos to you man...I hope to catch with you personally !!!

Glad to have potentially helped with SOM's yield :P Admissions should pay for me this...or at least discount my tuition a bit haha

Are you coming to Welcome Weekend? I should be there, but I think @machichi beat me to the actually booking travel part (maybe?). And where else are you deciding between?

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:01
aerien wrote:
Glad to have potentially helped with SOM's yield :P Admissions should pay for me this...or at least discount my tuition a bit haha

Are you coming to Welcome Weekend? I should be there, but I think @machichi beat me to the actually booking travel part (maybe?). And where else are you deciding between?

Well, since I am flying across the country, it's a bit trickier for me to get to New Haven. I bought my tickets a bit ago...Since I couldn't make winter welcome, I'd decided to attend ages ago!

Did anyone see the most updated pictures of the building? It's looking so swank!

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:11
lb2015 wrote:
Did you use an admissions consultant who could maybe give you some feedback? In the meantime, here's hoping for good things for you at Yale!

I didn't use a consultant. I am planning to get a ding analysis done from some good consultant. Thanks for your wishes ! I wish the very best for you !
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:14
aerien wrote:
Good luck today man. Hopefully Yale comes through for you or you'll be back at it for year #3?

Thanks Aerien ! The thoughts of going through Year 3 is giving me some serious stomach ulcers :(

If you don't mind, I would PM you to discuss somethings. I don't want to crash the party here :-D
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [4] , given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:29
This post received
KUDOS
Accepted!!!! SO incredibly excited. This was my last decision, and I am happy to say that I am done with this epic process that is MBA admissions!

FYI, the call came through on my work phone at about 1pm, and I am in Boston. Interestingly, I also got a response email this morning from Bruce to my thank you note that I had sent after my interview. He didn't say I had been admitted, but he did say he was "excited to get back with our decision later today," which I was hoping was a good sign.

Good luck to all still waiting! I know from my five decision days before how painful it can be to wait, but hopefully it ends well for everyone else! Happy long weekend :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:31
This post received
KUDOS
lb2015 wrote:
Accepted!!!! SO incredibly excited. This was my last decision, and I am happy to say that I am done with this epic process that is MBA admissions!

FYI, the call came through on my work phone at about 1pm, and I am in Boston. Interestingly, I also got a response email this morning from Bruce to my thank you note that I had sent after my interview. He didn't say I had been admitted, but he did say he was "excited to get back with our decision later today," which I was hoping was a good sign.

Good luck to all still waiting! I know from my five decision days before how painful it can be to wait, but hopefully it ends well for everyone else! Happy long weekend :)

Mazel Tov!! And thank you for giving your location/time. It helps us theorize as a means to distract us from the anxiety.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 8

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call around 11am Central time. In. Latam.
Intern
Intern

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:36
lb2015 wrote:

Congrats ! Very happy for you :)
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:39
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
Got the call around 11am Central time. In. Latam.

congrats!
Could you share your country? In the day of interview, I met many highly talented Mexicans...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:57
lb2015 wrote:

Congrats! Any other east coasters hear back yet?
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 5 [3] , given: 9

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:59
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted! VERY excited! Did any receive news about merit scholarship money? I remember reading a while back that any scholarship money would be mentioned on the phone...

I received the call at 1:38pm in DC.

Last edited by MBAforEdReform on 28 Mar 2013, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 14 [2] , given: 21

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:05
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call as well in NYC from Julie. Super excited!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:19
This post received
KUDOS
MBAforEdReform wrote:
Admitted! VERY excited! Did any receive news about merit scholarship money? I remember reading a while back that any scholarship money would be mentioned on the phone...

Congrats!! No word on scholarships for me. Kind of assume I am not getting one (I think I was lucky just to get in!). But yes, I believe in round 1 they were mentioned on the call.

Either way...party time! :-D
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:25
lb2015 wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:

Congrats!! No word on scholarships for me. Kind of assume I am not getting one (I think I was lucky just to get in!). But yes, I believe in round 1 they were mentioned on the call.

Party on! I see that you were also admitted to Darden. Are you decided on Yale? (Admit weekends are the same.)
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [3] , given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:31
This post received
KUDOS
I got in!!! Just got the call!! She didn't mention anything on scholarship so I asked. No scholarship.. So if they don't mention on the call i guess we don't get the money... IRREGARDLESS, i'm VERY MUCH EXCITED!!!

Korean working in US (got call 1pm Central)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 107

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:36
This post received
KUDOS
MBAforEdReform wrote:
lb2015 wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:

Party on! I see that you were also admitted to Darden. Are you decided on Yale? (Admit weekends are the same.)

Ah I had no idea! (Hadn't gotten that far yet post phone calls to family and looking up Yale t-shirts online...such a productive work day). I am probably going, but I did also love Darden. I actually already deposited there since I applied in the first round. I do think Yale is a better fit for my goals (impact investing) and I think it would give me more access to opportunities in New England/NYC so I'm leaning that way for sure. What about you??
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:38
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call at 12:56 on the East Coast. Congrats to everyone, and best of luck! I understand the official email does not come out until later today. Can anyone tell me when admit weekend is?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [2] , given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:39
This post received
KUDOS
I love decision time! Yale vs. Darden is tough, but if you want to do any kind of social impact work, Yale is heads above the rest. It will suck to lose your deposit, so I am sure you have a tough decision to make. That said, they both are known for their tight-knit community feel.

Come to Welcome Weekend and see what you think!

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2013, 10:39