Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 04:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 09:19
Expert's post
speedyb09 wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:
Speaking of math camp, since I haven't been invited, how intense is the math that we'll be expected to know for our first year courses. I took calc and stats in college, but that was several years ago and I've forgotten a lot. Math camp seems like it would've been a nice refresher. Will I be at a disadvantage, or should I try to brush up on these skills before school starts?

Can I request to be put in math camp? My GMAT suggests that I don't know math, haha.

I know some people who asked to attend, even though they weren't officially invited. As long as there's room (and you show interest), I don't think they mind. If you're attending Welcome Weekend, ask someone in admissions then to be sure.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 07:52
For current Yalies, I have an interesting/odd question -- what awards are given out at graduation?
I ask because I have found it to be quite fun to see what awards schools give out at their graduations -- I feel like it really shows what the school values in its graduates... it is really interesting to watch as some schools give out lots of finance awards and others give more culture awards -- I like seeing how the schools recognize the graduates!
I know most schools have the academic awards for the top students, but sometimes there are service awards, school culture awards, innovation, etc. What awards does SOM give out at graduation?
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 08:56
Expert's post
speedyb09 wrote:
For current Yalies, I have an interesting/odd question -- what awards are given out at graduation?
I ask because I have found it to be quite fun to see what awards schools give out at their graduations -- I feel like it really shows what the school values in its graduates... it is really interesting to watch as some schools give out lots of finance awards and others give more culture awards -- I like seeing how the schools recognize the graduates!
I know most schools have the academic awards for the top students, but sometimes there are service awards, school culture awards, innovation, etc. What awards does SOM give out at graduation?

This is entirely a post for @OhDenny! I've heard there's a 2nd year trip the week before graduation & other fun things planned, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 80

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 20:37
Holy cow, you guys. I was so excited to meet you all this weekend, and I am so happy that you were all AMAZING. 2016 is shaping up to be a spectacular class. I hope you do reach out with any questions you might have, but all-in-all, I am jealous I won't get to spend another 2 years with all of you.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Yale '16 (M)

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 45

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 19:36
Anyone went to Winter Welcome and can share your experience? I saw photos in the FB group and it looked so fun. I'm sad to be half a world away... :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.16
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 07:44
Hello all,

First of all I would like to congratulate each of you for getting acceptance from such an amazing MBA program and school.

I am planing to apply YALE SOM in fall 2014. I am not sure whether here is the right place to ask questions but I am just thinking that the one who already have made my dream real is the one who can give true answers. May be it will be better to build a little background about myself. I have 3,5 years work experience in Deloitte as auditor , Coca-Cola and P&G as an Financial Analyst. I have been working in IKEA as business controller for 3 years and in the beginning march I am going to be appointed as Finance&Operations manager. I have graduated from Economics Department of one of the top 3 universities in Turkey with GPA 3,16. I know it is low as compared to school median but I have a valid story behind it :) I have not taken a GMAT score yet and I am planing to get a score around 700-710 in June latest. In addition to that, I am contributing to volunteer activities in UN and Losev (Foundation for Children with Leukemia). I am also board member of a non-governmental political organization, Young Politicians Association. Here is my question.

What should I do to get acceptance to YALE? I know the answer is more or less the same for each top b-school, but I want to learn it "specifically" for YALE. It's history, it's contribution to politics, economics and it's ability to create leaders to shape the world is like magnet for me. I started to communicate with admission team and I am going to participate in an event in my home country, Turkey, in following days. However, your truelife experiences can not be compared with any written suggestion.

I am really so happy for all you who made their dream real.. I hope we will meet in the same campus one day!!
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2014, 12:52
DefyingGravity wrote:
Speaking of math camp, since I haven't been invited, how intense is the math that we'll be expected to know for our first year courses. I took calc and stats in college, but that was several years ago and I've forgotten a lot. Math camp seems like it would've been a nice refresher. Will I be at a disadvantage, or should I try to brush up on these skills before school starts?

They haven't given out invitation for Math Camp yet, but contact admissions and let them know you are interested. I asked during Winter Welcome and that is the advice I was given.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 10

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 04:03
Just returned from SOM and loved the new building. IF I am lucky enough to get admitted, does anyone know when the admitted students weekend(s) will be in Spring?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 80

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 05:16
Flyte wrote:
Just returned from SOM and loved the new building. IF I am lucky enough to get admitted, does anyone know when the admitted students weekend(s) will be in Spring?

May 1st - 4th. It's going to be a doozy, so for those of you who are admitted and on the fence about it right now, I'd go ahead and book your train/plane tickets. It'll be Winter Welcome^nth.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 10

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 07:39
OhDenny wrote:
Flyte wrote:

May 1st - 4th. It's going to be a doozy, so for those of you who are admitted and on the fence about it right now, I'd go ahead and book your train/plane tickets. It'll be Winter Welcome^nth.

Good luck!

Sounds awesome!

Also I was amazed by the sheer number of students I saw at the interview "Super Day." Do you think the stats mentioned in a few places that 25% of applicants are interviewed, 50-60% of interviewees offered admission, still holds true? Just based on rough math it seems that either SOM is interviewing more than 25% or admitting more than 50-60%... Any thoughts?
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [3] , given: 30

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 07:30
This post received
KUDOS
Tomorrow is the final day for R1 admits to make up their minds.

I made my decision!

What about you?
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 126

Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 08:50
Cossack wrote:
Tomorrow is the final day for R1 admits to make up their minds.

I made my decision!

What about you?

Congrats! Looks like you are now the second (after tinkered) GC-matriculant :-D
Hope New Haven treats you well the next two years!

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 17:43
Whooo! See you in Fall, Cossack!

Anyone else made a decision yet?

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 3

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 08:43
This post received
KUDOS
i can't believe i can finally post in this group! i've been eyeing it enviously for months haha. so excited to be admitted to Yale today! i want to be extra eager and barge my way into the Facebook group but think i should probably wait patiently for an actual invite lol
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 3

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 08:43
This post received
KUDOS
i should add that i will undoubtedly be matriculating :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 08:46
Welcome, mittens63! See you in Aug!

You can just request to be added to the FB group and someone will approve it. That's what I did :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 08:58
mittens63 wrote:
i can't believe i can finally post in this group! i've been eyeing it enviously for months haha. so excited to be admitted to Yale today! i want to be extra eager and barge my way into the Facebook group but think i should probably wait patiently for an actual invite lol

Barge right in! I think that is how we all got into the facebook group. See you there, and CONGRATS!!!
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 09:04
speedyb09 wrote:
mittens63 wrote:

Barge right in! I think that is how we all got into the facebook group. See you there, and CONGRATS!!!

Oh! And introduce yourselves once you get in there -- it is nice to get to know where people are coming from!
Manager
Manager

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 11:04
Hey admitted applicants!

Join the Facebook group, and introduce yourselves to your potential future classmates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/617519874971323/
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 11:55
Hi All, Congrats to all admitted students.
What is the payment schedule for Yale SOM?
Re: Yale SOM Class of 2016 Admitted Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2014, 11:55