Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 04:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Years out of school - is my dream now utopia?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT Date: 02-01-2013
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Years out of school - is my dream now utopia? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 11:41
Hello Gmat clubbers :)

I am glad I discovered this forum and this has guided me in my journey to the GMAT test day. Thanks to the posts dedicated to novices at GMAT, I am now studying Kaplan Premier, bought OG guide, made a study plan, installed the version of Kaplan on my iPad then I can study when I am traveling, etc. I even realized that the best time to study is not after work - I work full time, but before it (thanks bb for the priceless advice), so I set my alarm to 6am everyday and try to study at least one hour in the weekdays and two to three over the weekend.

But, I need some support from you. I am Brazilian, female, 35 y.o, more than 10 years WE and only now I had opportunity to stop to study for the GMAT - due to personal situation. I work full time as Manager and I am based in Zurich, so I am targeting schools close by and I wanted to go to top schools (such as Insead, IMD, IE, ESADE, etc). It was always my dream. First topic I need support: I just realized I am "maybe" too old for full time MBA. And if I really want to go for it, I might even get it. But, then I need to have a flawless application and that includes a flawless GMAT score :) Do you know cases of people at my age being accepted to top b-schools for a full time MBA? What do you think about my case/ profile?

Here is the second topic where I needed you support: I had to re-start from scratch - even the most basic and simple calculation seemed impossible in the first week (I am out of the school since 20). I am entering in the third week of studies now. It is evolving well, but I just panicked last Sunday. The amount of content is huge!!! I did not yet take the test, once I would not make it that far - I might be below 500, sure. Is there any possibility that I will get there reviewing and practicing? Is that realistic? I see many cases of you guys going from 600 to 700 in 3 months. So, in 3 months can someone goes from let's say 450 to 650 (at least)??

I am doing my best - I travel a lot and work a lot, but I am trying not to complain and do what I have to do. Social life is inexistent, meeting friends is undefined and TV hours a day are minus 2 hehe

I appreciate any supportive words - as well as the ugly truth. Ciao!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Years out of school - is my dream now utopia?   [#permalink] 15 Oct 2012, 11:41