Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 17:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yes, I am in 700 Club - 710 (Q46,V41)-Long Debrief

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Yes, I am in 700 Club - 710 (Q46,V41)-Long Debrief [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2009, 08:12
Hello Shohadegu,
As LUGO said one way or other one or two of the sections you should do it fast, and that way you have time to concentrate on spend more time on your hardest section, be it RC or CR or SC. SC is probably the easiest one to get it fast. That is why it is important to know the patterns in SC. I can tell you by practice you surely can increase the RC speed. But you need to really work on it. May be do like 3 passages each day and concentrate fully, mostly with the structure and flow of the passage. Once you get this you can always go back and find where to look and get the answer.
Indian Jaguar

LUGO wrote:
shohagedu wrote:
Reading passage for 2/3/4 minutes is impossible for me. Moreover, for SC, I do not get the overall meaning of the sentence if i read it first time. Some times it is very tough for me to understand actual intention of the sentence. Most of the time, I can not concentrate deeply to get the idea as well.

For two/three months' preparation, how can i improve my scoring ability?

Hi Shohadegu

You have around 5-8 minutes to read each passage of the GMAT and more than once as long as you work on CR and SC on about 1-2 minutes per question. There are 4 passages in the GMAT and only one of them is longer than usual. If you want to improve your score I suggest you concentrate on learning how quickly to answer both CR and SC, so that you have enough time to tackle your weakest part, i.e. RC.

Last edited by IndianJaguar on 03 Dec 2009, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Yes, I am in 700 Club - 710 (Q46,V41)-Long Debrief [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2009, 08:16
Hello aimenheli,
I would say if you are thoroughly done with all OG and prep qns, then go for it. But, important is to keep looking at the repeated mistakes and finding a way to avoid it. This should take some time and when you are done with this, you could try Jeff's. But I don't think this is critical since more than volume quality is the key.
Indian Jaguar

aimenhelmi wrote:
congratulations for the great score. I scored 40 in Q, would you recommend Jeff Q banks for more practice questions.
Re: Yes, I am in 700 Club - 710 (Q46,V41)-Long Debrief   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2009, 08:16