Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yiepieeeeeeee...730!!!!!!!!!!..............

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 0

Yiepieeeeeeee...730!!!!!!!!!!.............. [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 05:12
.....i am finally DONE ! 730 (q50,v38) !

i am so happy...without GMAT-Club, it would never happened ! i owe my score to GMAT-Club and to all its members.

thanx gmatjang, matt, laxi, baner, freshina, antmavel, bhai, himalaya, bb, gsr, nakib, paul, praetorian, honghu !!!!!

when i can manage it, ALL of u can !

about me:

- 28 years old
- degree in economics
- self-employed; a new economy company
- 5 years work experience
- several awards for new economy projects; i.e. online mtv award

my preparation:

i started 1 year ago with my preparation. since then i prepared irregular. in the last 2 months i prepared intensly.

at first i decided to prepare with a company. but it was worthless. i payed 250 euro for it. then i planned to prepare by myself. i bought kaplan, princeton, OG and several other books. but it was ineffective. i knew that i had to change my strategy. unfortunately, i never had much time to prepare because i had to manage my own company. after a pause of 3 months, i found this incredible website and i started to participate. in my attempt , i cancelled my score because i was too nervous. my big problem is my stamina. i knew all the techniques and my scores during the CAT´s were constantly between 680-750, but during the test i started to panic and wasnt able to manage the time. i was frustrated because i knew that i can do much better but was somehow not able to manage my stamina and my time problem. i nearly stopped my plans for my MBA but i told myself all the time that i can achieve it when my heart and my head can conceive it. i set a date for december 2005. in november 2005 i sold part of my company and resigned as managing director. i changed my strategy and concentrated only on verbal. moreover i stopped doing CAT´s because some of them are far away from the real test. the best part of my 3rd phase of preparation was my frequent participation in GMAT-Club and my attitude. i was relaxed and didnt spend too much time for my preparation. these 2 aspects changed everything. in my next attempt i scored 730. yes it is possible ! i can tell u guys and girls, when i can achieve it ALL of u can (matt :wink:). its all about your attitude during the test. dont panic. stay calm. be cool.

my test:

AWA: didnt spend too much of my resources on AWA. i prepared a template and wrote as much as i can bout the issue and the argument.

quant:

the problems were much easier than the problems that we solve here. only one problem about probability. many tricky ds-problems. only one geometry-problem. one mixture problem that we already solved here. i knew the answer. i finished the section after 1h14m. i knew that i scored above 45. i took the pause and ate a cookie.

verbal:

i was always very good at solving cr`s and i was always very bad at solving rc`s. thats why i read about 20 articles of the economist under time limits. that really helped me. i saw one cr-problem that we already solved in the forum. it was about jets and their waste. the rc`s were really tough but i managed them because of my intense prep with these articles. i finished the section after 1h14m59s.

conclusion:

it was easy because i stayed relaxed all the time and so it appeared as i am at home solving problems in the forum. i said to myself: its just a test, just a test, just a test. nothing special. no reason to panic. BUT u only have no reason to panic when u prepared very well. thats the first step.

what can i do for u ?

i have plenty of books, tests and notes. tell me what u need and i will afford it.

i attache my list of formulas !

my plans:

now i will prepare my application for 2006. i know its late but i hope i can achieve it. i like to apply for INSEAD, London Business School, SDA Bocconi and one school in USA, but i am not sure about the school.

what can u do for me ?

i hope that some of u who already participate in a MBA-program of my choice (mentioned above) can give me some advice. (paul, u are at LBS, are u ?) maybe someone can give me an advice for an US-business-school as well.

i want to be part of this incredible community forever...

chris
:-D :-D :-D :-D
Attachments

formulas.doc [84.5 KiB]
Downloaded 770 times

To download please login or register as a user

If your mind can conceive it and your heart can believe it, have faith that you can achieve it.

Last edited by christoph on 07 Jul 2006, 04:28, edited 7 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 05:39
Hey Christoph you've done it fantastically.

I knew you would do great!
Your way to solve mathmatical problems is just cute and creative.

Wish you a happy and successfull new year.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 06:54
YAAAHHOOOOO~!!!! Congratulations on your great score, buddy!!! ^_^ . It's always true that German people are really smart :) . I really admire your CR ability ...not to mention others, they're really great~! :wink: ...hihihih, when you post your tips on study, please talk about CRs in detail,okie?!! ^_~ . Thank you and best lucks to your application!! :)
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 07:13
CONGRATULATIONS Chris!!! Great to see active member like you reaching this wonderful score. You deserved it.

All the best for apps. :P

duttsit

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

VP
VP
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 07:22
Congratulation for your a great score....
SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 07:27
I know you would do it. Congratulation.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: Yiepieeeeeeee...730!!!!!!!!!!.............. [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 07:30
christoph

congratulations to you for your great score.

goodluck and happy new year.

:flower

himalaya
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 08:53
That's a cool score Chris! Congratulations!
Seeing your participation, there was no doubt you could score high!
Have a great New Year and wish you all the best for the future!!
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 10:03
Great socre! Congrats.

Good luck for your apps. Do share some of your strategies, test experience....

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."

- Bernard Edmonds

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 10:30
Awesome score. You truly deserved it!

Best of luck with apps! :beer

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 12:06
Congratulations!!!Awesome score!Good luck with applications
SVP
SVP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 12:46
Congrats buddy,

I knew you would get a very good score. :woohoo

good luck on your application process.

-nakib

hey ya......

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Congrats Dude [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 14:16
Congrats dude..Nice score..I too gave my test today but didnt got one like you...Best of luck for your apps..Post your strategy buddy.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 14:17
awsome.....hey chris...u did it...

btw how did the real thing compare with the cambridge exam cats?
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2005, 20:16
Congrats Chris :-D
You did it!

Good with apps!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR PREPARATION TECHS. & ADVICE!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2005, 02:42
Congratulations, Christoph.

Happiest new year! :-D

Auge um Auge, Zahn um Zahn :twisted: !

VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2005, 09:03
Congrats Chris!

It seems like you always DESERVED it but you now have ACHIEVED it!!

Please do share any techinques that you used especially for RCs.

Go party and have a blast the apps! Good luck!!

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."

- Bernard Edmonds

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2006, 06:45
I cannot be more happy for you Christoph. You're improvement was terrific and your determination will help you all throughout your life. Keep the same attitude and you should do well in your application essays. I suggest you to read the "ms finance"(especially this one) and "mba ambassadors" forums with the posts pertaining to LBS as I have already answered many of the FAQs. Once again, BRAVO! :woohoo

PS whichever school you get into, I will ask you to be ambassador of it. Please keep in touch with the community and thank you for you incredible involvement and contribution.

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2006, 07:17
That's one great achievement Christoph!!

It really gives me a sense of pride that I was interacting with people with such great grit!!

Wish you all the very best for your application process! - remember, you need a lot of stamina and determination to complete this crucial leg of this journey!!

Regards
Vithal
VP
VP
Followers: 6

[#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2006, 08:24
Congratulation Christopher for your awsome score.....
:band :woohoo
your preservarance and persistance is really inspiring...
goodluck with your application process...

MA
  [#permalink] 01 Jan 2006, 08:24

Yiepieeeeeeee...730!!!!!!!!!!..............

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 64 posts ] 

Moderators: TGC, m3equals333

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap