Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Your advise is valuable

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Your advise is valuable [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 01:24
Greetings,
I am looking forward to MBA as I need to grow as a person, professionally and personally as well, I am aiming for top schools like harvard,stanford......but I am unable to really know What change these schools brought in the students as whole,i mean their outlook towards life as such.....Salary packages do not bother me, I need something that can add value to my life, if someone understands it..........So i am asking for alumnis to share their experiences, it might help me to have a clearer picture :)
I am a medical graduate,and at this stage of life I always feel that there is stagnation in my life, routine life sucks and I need a different perspective towards life, something more meaningful ..............
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Your advise is valuable [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 13:36
This post received
KUDOS
I go to Booth. Would say that the best things I've gained from the experience is the ability to fully grasp the underpinnings of the economic and business world. It makes theoretical, political, and life conversations/debates much more interesting.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Your advise is valuable [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 23:17
This post received
KUDOS
I am currently at Stanford GSB. As an MD, one of the things which may appeal to you about the GSB is the high degree of collaboration with other departments, and the number of students interested in working with and meeting people in fields such as medicine, high-tech, and clean-tech. Although Stanford places extremely well in traditional MBA fields such as PE/VC/IB, you will find that the majority of students here are interested pursuing other careers. Many people joke that employers get frustrated with the GSB because students turn down their offers from McK and Goldman to start their own companies or work for nonprofits.

The GSB makes a strong effort to bring together students from other departments in the same classes and clubs. In fact, there are a number of engineering Ph. Ds and MDs concurrently enrolled at the GSB, and also a large number MBAs who decide to get a technical MS while they are here. (See the E-IPER program). I worked in high tech before coming to the GSB. I wanted an opportunity to use my technical background to do something meaningful. The main reason I chose GSB over a number of other good offers (including HBS) was because I felt like this interdepartmental synergy would help direct me.

Quick anecdote -- a friend of mine started a medical devices company with a Stanford Biodesign Fellow he met here. They have raised money and seem to be getting significant traction.
Re: Your advise is valuable   [#permalink] 16 May 2011, 23:17