Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 22:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ZoomInterviews discount offer - prepare for MBA Interview

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9427 [0], given: 3700

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
ZoomInterviews discount offer - prepare for MBA Interview [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 14:09
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello GMAT Club members,

GMATClub has partnered with ZoomInterviews and is happy to offer members 10% discount code on any purchase (enter promo code [highlight]GMATclub10[/highlight]) or Buy one Month of Any Product and Get One month Free! (enter promo code GetExtra30Days). Note: Each member will only be able to use one promo code at a time, so choose if you want a discount or extra 30 days of access to the videos.

For those who don't know, ZoomInterviews offers an affordable way to prepare for MBA interviews and provides a large collection of interview videos as well as Interviews FAQ to help you prepare.

Let me know if any questions and would appreciate any direct (positive and negative) feedback about the service.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by bb on 30 Nov 2010, 10:21, edited 2 times in total.
discount code
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 22

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ZoomInterviews discount offer - prepare for MBA Interview [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 15:08
This post received
KUDOS
I've been practicing my interviewing skills and have been using InterviewStream. InterviewStream provides me with a list of common questions, records my responses through my webcam, and review/critique my responses. I really like interviewStream because after watching my responses, I realized that I needed to work on my body language.

After identifying my weaknesses, I tried to search for videos of the "perfect" interview to use as a model. So far, ZoomInterviews has been the closest match because they use real people. I checked out some of their free preview interviews, but was not impressed. Although, it's probably because I'm looking for the "perfect" interview which only happens in movies?

The interviewers/interviewees are actual MBA candidates/alumns:
Elizabeth - Haas - http://mba.zoominterviews.com/interview ... rviewId=25
Marcus - Columbia - http://mba.zoominterviews.com/interview ... rviewId=32

Elizabeth:
I thought she had a great answer, but her delivery was flat and I lost interest halfway through. I think inflection and emphasis in her voice would have kept me more interested. Her response was a bit long, but it proved she was very passionate about what she wanted to accomplish. Her hand gestures were distracting because they did not match the speed or tone of her voice.

Marcus:
The website said he was poised and showed quiet confidence. I slightly disagree with that assessment. I think he was half poised and half frozen stiff, definitely not relaxed. I only liked the first half of his answer because of his unique story getting to play football in Germany. However, the rest of his answer was boring because he didn't provide enough detail or proof. For example, he [played a season of football... it was amazing, then jumped on a train to teach about 60 highschool kids... then went back to play a 2nd season of football which was amazing because of all the different backgrounds]. There wasn't enough detail or storytelling. He said that the teaching and football experiences were amazing, but then all of sudden lands a finance job (see resume: biology degree). He should have elaborated more on why he left teaching and football for finance. His answer was a canned response with vague descriptions of prestigious finance work experience.

I used to dread behavioral interview questions because I thought my stories were insignificant and boring. Eventually, I learned that I do better when I keep my responses to topics I'm passionate about.

What do you guys think? Am I being overly critical? Did Elizabeth or Marcus come off as insincere? Or is it me? Do I need to adjust my views on interviews?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: ZoomInterviews discount offer - prepare for MBA Interview [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 07:49
Expert's post
I think this is probably as good as it gets for sample interviews.
You may search through YouTube or go through CNN's list of interviews in a quest for the perfect one but in terms of Business School Zoom is the best/only recorded option. I may agree as well that I was not thoroughly impressed with the interviewees, which on one hand, gave me more confidence about my skills...
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: ZoomInterviews discount offer - prepare for MBA Interview [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 08:58
Expert's post
Limited time offer from ZoomInterviews for their new Jobs Interviews Package
http://job.zoominterviews.com

Free subscription for the main Zoom Jobs Pro package for anyone who likes ZoomInterviews on Facebook. You will get access to the videos, guides and social networking tools which will be very useful!

Details are here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zoom-Job/169637069755052

Free is always nice!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: ZoomInterviews discount offer - prepare for MBA Interview   [#permalink] 19 May 2011, 08:58