Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Thanks Paul! [#permalink]
timothycosulich wrote:
Thank you very much Paul, I will let you know how it goes!
Fingers crossed!
Ciao
Tim

You're welcome.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Paul,
I'd like to ask you one more thing: in my essays I have exceeded the word limits by approx 40% (~100 words) in 5 out of 8 essays. In two of them I managed to stay within the word limits but in the last essay (is there anything else that you would like the admissions comittee to know?) I wrote about 500 words whereas the limit was 200! The problem I had is that I had an important story to tell and I wasn't able to tell it with less words.
I know that it's not ideal to exceed the word limits but on the other hand I think they are very good essays. Do you htink this can negatively affect my application?
Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Applying to INSEAD Fall 2007 - Paul, please advise [#permalink]
timothycosulich wrote:
Hello Paul,
I have recently joind the GMAT club and I would like to know your opinion on my profile and on the chances I have of being accepted at INSEAD.

I'm Italian, 26 (will be 27.5 by the beginning of the MBA). GMAT 690, TOEFL 115/120.

Education

- I have studied business (top mark, 1.1 with honors) for two years in Genoa (Italy), 1 year in Dublin (Ireland) and 6 months in Madrid (Spain)
- I have passed level 1 and 2 of the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) both at the first attempt and am enrolled for the June 2007 level 3 exam

Professional Experience

By the beginning of the program I will have 4.5 years of work experience at PricewaterhouseCoopers as a strategy consultant (2.5 years in London and 2 years in Madrid). Started as a Junior Consultant, I will be promoted to Manager (project leader) in June 2007, but am already managing projects (i.e. I am the responsible for the whole project, directly reporting to the Partner in charge of the assignment and to the client top management)

International Exposure

- 1 year studying in Dublin
- 6 months studying in Madrid
- 2.5 years working in London
- 2 years working in Madrid

Extra curricular activities

- Charity events organizator for the Red Cross in Italy (2 years)
- Currently spending some weekends as a volunteer for Special Olympics (Sport competitions for disabled people)
- Waterpolo player in the Spanish National League (Second Division)

I have submitted my application three days ago and I am waiting for them to tell me if they want to interview me or not. Apart from the chance that you think I have of getting in, what are the aspects of my profile that - in your opinion - I should highlight should I be called for an interview?

Thanks a lot Paul, your help is much appreciated.

Ciao

Tim

timothycosulich,

It's OK to exceed the stated length limit by about 10% or so or to exceed the stated length limit by more than that for one essay, but to exceed the limit by more than 10% in several essays will create a negative impression that may hurt your chances.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Applying to INSEAD Fall 2007 - Paul, please advise [#permalink]