MBA Hiring Expected to Increase in 2015
Here are some highlights from GMAC’s 2014 Year-End Employer Poll. Spoiler: It’s good news!
• 169 employers from 33 countries were interviewed. This is a relatively small sample.
• Overall, the job market remains strong for 2015 b-school grads.
• 90% of employers that expect to hire b-school graduates in 2015 expect to maintain or increase the number of job openings compared with hiring in 2014.
• 72% of employers plan on hiring MBA graduates in 2015, compared to 69% in 2014.
• The majority of employers (54%-74%) plan on increasing starting salaries at or above the rate of inflation in 2015.
• 64% of employers say that their companies are expanding and that they plan on hiring more business school graduates.
• 87% of employers expect to offer internships to students. Usually these internships will go towards bachelor’s graduates (73% of employers). This is followed by MBA grads (55% of employers).
• 96% of employers agree that business school graduates create value for their companies.
As usual, the greatest hiring demand is for MBA graduates; though Master in Management grads are projected to experience the largest increase in hiring.
According to GMAC’s Survey Research Manager, Rebecca Estrada Worthingon, “The solid job prospects for b-school talent seen over the past several years and again reflected in this poll, give prospective students good reason to consider pursuing these degrees as part of a strategy to drive their career goals….Our data show that even in the depths of the recession, business and management degrees can provide a measure of job protection and opportunity. Today, in a recovering global economy, management degrees can be a powerful driver of confidence and provide fuel for an individual’s career growth.”
Accepted.com's experienced admissions consultants can help you create the most impressive application possible with comprehensive packages, or provide targeted assistance from picking perfect programs to designing a dazzling resume, constructing engaging essays, or preparing for intense interviews…and more! Accepted.com has guided thousands of applicants to acceptances at top programs since 1994 – we know what works and what doesn't, so contact us to get started now!