FT Top Masters in Finance Programs in 2016
Financial Times just came out with their rankings of Masters in Finance programs around the world. Below are some highlights, followed by the top 10 rankings.
Masters in Finance 2016 Highlights:
• This year there were 55 programs included in the FT rankings for Finance programs for pre-experience professionals, up from 50 programs last year. Minnesota Carlson was one of the new programs added to the list with their new MiF degree program. This year, the program received 150 applications for the 27 seats available, before the school had even advertised the new program.
• There are 5 ranked programs for post-experience professionals.
• After five years of being #1, London Business School has dropped to the #2 slot of the Post-Experience rankings, allowing Cambridge Judge to take the top spot. London Business School, does however still boast the highest earners, making just under $137,000 average salary three years post-graduation.
• For Pre-Experience programs, HEC Paris takes the #1 spot for the sixth year in a row.
• University of Hong Kong made the biggest leap this year, jumping 16 spots to 29th place. Lancaster University Management School was also a big jumper, climbing 10 spots to 30th place.
• MIT Sloan hit a record in application volume for its Masters in Finance course at 2,083 applications, an increase of 22% over last year. MIT Sloan also boasts the highest average salary for pre-experience Finance programs at $117,000 three years post-graduation.
• Applications to finance-related masters programs at Warwick Business School are up 12% this year.
• MiF programs are extremely popular among international students. Lancaster University Business School, located in the UK, has no local British students in its MiF course this year. US programs have classified MiF programs as STEM courses, a status that enables non-U.S. students to tack on an additional 24 months to their visas.
• Due to an increase in demand, Masters in Finance programs frequently offer modules on entrepreneurship, crowdfunding, and other fintech- or startup-focused content.
See these articles for more information:
Applying to a top b-school? The talented folks at Accepted have helped hundreds of applicants get accepted to their dream programs. Whether you are figuring out where apply, writing your application essays, or prepping for your interviews, we are just a call (or click) away.
Contact us, and get matched up with the consultant who will help you get accepted!