Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Dear GMAC team,

Thank you for your email on Jan 7 (email above)

You mentioned that “It is extremely rare that the Unofficial and Official Scores received by test takers ever vary”. The phone support executive mentioned it has never varied. Why is there a disconnect here?
Your reply mentions “extremely rare”, which means that there is a possibility of a variation; which points out that the scoring system is not full-proof. Please quantify “extremely rare” in terms of percentage.

You confirmed that the exam restarted twice – “The first restart was at the end of the first scheduled break after the Integrated Reasoning section of the exam. The second restart occurred after you had ended your exam and the Test Administrator was signing you out of the exam.” You did not mention that the computer restarted twice after the AWA and the IR section – without a mention of this, the investigation is incomplete. Was the investigation even able to find this? Why did it take the investigation a month and a half to reach a conclusion that should have taken at the max a day? What triggered the restart? Was it a software or a hardware breakdown?

No one takes the GMAT for compensation – the bare minimum one expects is a working system.

The words “one-time courtesy and allowed you to retest “ sound as if the computer shutting down was my fault. It was a software/hardware failure. GMAC’s software/hardware can’t handle a test at a time when the adaptive algorithm is not at work, then what is the guarantee that it can handle the test when the adaptive algorithm is at work. It might not shut down or restart but one of the outcomes of such a faulty software could be erroneous score calculation.

There are some more answered questions from my previous messages (refer to my message on 02 Jan 2014, 08:14)
1. What is the need of experimental questions? Does GMAC doubt the competence of the test makers?
2. No one exactly knows the number of the experimental questions – is it one, two, three, thirty?

Had luck or experimental questions played no role – there would not have been a drop of 8 points in Quant and an improvement of 8 in Verbal (my aptitude did not change in a month).

Why is it that even after consistently scoring around 690 on prep tests and the GMATPrep tests, I scored 570 on the real GMAT both times? – it has either to do with the faulty software or the “experimental” questions.

I would at least like to be able to review the questions and understand how my score dropped so much. This is what transparency calls for.

Finally, almost every email of yours to me had the standard sentence at the end “This is our final decision and no further requests will be considered.”. More than anything, the right intent is what every test taker expects from the GMAC- accept your mistakes/shortcomings and don’t just dismiss everybody’s genuine requests without proper investigation.

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear GMAC team,

It has been 10 days and you have not responded to my last message.

For you convenience, I am reproducing the message below:
=================================================================
Dear GMAC team,

You mentioned that “It is extremely rare that the Unofficial and Official Scores received by test takers ever vary”. The phone support executive mentioned it has never varied. Why is there a disconnect here?
Your reply mentions “extremely rare”, which means that there is a possibility of a variation; which points out that the scoring system is not full-proof. Please quantify “extremely rare” in terms of percentage.

You confirmed that the exam restarted twice – “The first restart was at the end of the first scheduled break after the Integrated Reasoning section of the exam. The second restart occurred after you had ended your exam and the Test Administrator was signing you out of the exam.” You did not mention that the computer restarted twice after the AWA and the IR section – without a mention of this, the investigation is incomplete. Was the investigation even able to find this? Why did it take the investigation a month and a half to reach a conclusion that should have taken at the max a day? What triggered the restart? Was it a software or a hardware breakdown?

No one takes the GMAT for compensation – the bare minimum one expects is a working system.

The words “one-time courtesy and allowed you to retest “ sound as if the computer shutting down was my fault. It was a software/hardware failure. GMAC’s software/hardware can’t handle a test at a time when the adaptive algorithm is not at work, then what is the guarantee that it can handle the test when the adaptive algorithm is at work. It might not shut down or restart but one of the outcomes of such a faulty software could be erroneous score calculation.

There are some more answered questions from my previous messages (refer to my message on 02 Jan 2014, 08:14)
1. What is the need of experimental questions? Does GMAC doubt the competence of the test makers?
2. No one exactly knows the number of the experimental questions – is it one, two, three, thirty?

Had luck or experimental questions played no role – there would not have been a drop of 8 points in Quant and an improvement of 8 in Verbal (my aptitude did not change in a month).

Why is it that even after consistently scoring around 690 on prep tests and the GMATPrep tests, I scored 570 on the real GMAT both times? – it has either to do with the faulty software or the “experimental” questions.

I would at least like to be able to review the questions and understand how my score dropped so much. This is what transparency calls for.

Finally, almost every email of yours to me had the standard sentence at the end “This is our final decision and no further requests will be considered.”. More than anything, the right intent is what every test taker expects from the GMAC- accept your mistakes/shortcomings and don’t just dismiss everybody’s genuine requests without proper investigation.

I hope you won't ignore this message...looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear GMAC team,

Looks like you have been ignoring my messages (I had hoped against hope that you won't, I even made it a point to mention my hope in my last message)

Now, it has been more than a month and a half since I posted the message in question seeking your response for the first time (to be specific it was Jan 10, 2014)

For you convenience, I am reproducing the message below:
Dear GMAC team,

I am again hoping (against hope) that you won't ignore this message...looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
An update

=============== On Feb 19, 2014, GMAC replied to a message that I posted on Facebook ===============

Hello, Govind. We have already investigated your claims, and have found that there were no issues affecting your GMAT scores. We have communicated this to you. Your GMAT scores are final and no further investigation is warranted. We wish you the best of luck in your studies.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My reply to GMAC (Feb 20, 2014)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear GMAC team,

So you replied after one month and a half!!

Why did you edit the message after posting it for the first time on Facebook? Your initially messaged “I am sorry that you did not perform as well on the GMAT exam as you had hoped. We have already investigated your claims…”, you later changed it to “We have already investigated your claims…”. I do not need your sympathy, I am doing well in my life.

I need answers to some questions, and you have not been providing me the answers.

Please re-read my message and respond.

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear GMAC team,

It's been more than 3 months and I am yet to get the answers to my questions...so much for your customer service.

I do NOT want to give up on my thought that GMAC is a reasonable and ethical organization. GMAC, though, has not been acting like one.

I look forward to your answers.

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear mgg234,

I was expecting a response from the GMAC.

Frankly saying I have been seeking answers from GMAC on other GMAT forums as well, but this is the ONLY forum where an administrator or moderator has issued me a warning...come on, warning for asking a question on a thread "Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here"...if the thread is not for posting questions to GMAC, then what is it for?

Spamming?? is that what you call it? am I posting on an irrelevant thread? or is my question not related to GMAC? GMAC has not replied to my questions since Jan 10 so the only option that I am left with is asking the same question again - do you call THIS spamming??

And do you think I am being tough or unreasonable? Please show me GMAC's replies to the questions that I asked on Jan 10.

Rather than trying to get me an answer, you are warning me !!!

Coming to your reply, you mentioned "I got a 70 point increase between my 1st and 2nd try". Your signature mentions your GMAT 1 score as 750 Q49 V44, GMAT 1 + 70 would mean 820 in GMAT 2 !!!

As for looking VERY negative, I can explain every bit of what I posted on this forum to anyone; neither do I have anything to hide, nor do I have anyone to fear...I believe people who have things to hide do not use their real names.

I know some of my words might have come out hard... but then I expected the forum moderators to help me get the answer (or at least remain neutral - as moderators on other forms have been) but what I get is a warning!!!

I still like this forum and believe that I will get my answers.

On a side note, I am thinking about retaking the GMAT, but I still need the answers from the GMAC...GMAC, are you listening???

Sincerely,
Govind Singh Patwal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Please help me out with this query:

I live in India and have applied for a passport, which is to be carried as a proof to the examination center. The problem is that in India it usually takes 3-4 months to get a passport.

Now, if I wait that long, this admission season will be almost over :( and I definitely want to take admission in 2015.

Is there any way out....can I bring proofs of my passport application along with other proof( e.g. Driver's license, etc)? Please help, its urgent!!

Thanks a ton!
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
bazingaaa111 wrote:
Hi,

Please help me out with this query:

I live in India and have applied for a passport, which is to be carried as a proof to the examination center. The problem is that in India it usually takes 3-4 months to get a passport.

Now, if I wait that long, this admission season will be almost over :( and I definitely want to take admission in 2015.

Is there any way out....can I bring proofs of my passport application along with other proof( e.g. Driver's license, etc)? Please help, its urgent!!

Thanks a ton!

Hello, bazingaaa111.

Unfortunately, candidates in India must use a current passport as their form of identification for taking the GMAT exam. No other form of ID can be accepted. I suggest you contact the schools you plan to apply to and explain your situation. Some schools may be willing to extend your GMAT score submission deadline. Good luck!

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Dear GMAT Team,

I took the GMAT on December 10th, 2012 and have the printed Score Report, but cannot access the link to retrieve my digital copy. I still have the email that was sent to me by Pearsonvue, but the link inside of the email doesn't open (it merely opens up to a blank page). I still have my authentication code and very badly need to access my Official Score Report to fill out my applications.

Can you PLEASE help me?!

Many thanks!
Daniel
Send PM
Expert Reply
danjrob wrote:
Dear GMAT Team,

I took the GMAT on December 10th, 2012 and have the printed Score Report, but cannot access the link to retrieve my digital copy. I still have the email that was sent to me by Pearsonvue, but the link inside of the email doesn't open (it merely opens up to a blank page). I still have my authentication code and very badly need to access my Official Score Report to fill out my applications.

Can you PLEASE help me?!

Many thanks!
Daniel

Hello, Daniel. We have heard from several candidates that there were issues accessing online score reports earlier this week. The issue has been resolved. Please try again. If you are still unable to access your score report please let me know so we can investigate further.

Rebecca
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Hello Rebecca,

I have a question - I tried to look up online, but couldn't find specific info.

My question is - During Test Day, I have an option to choose 5 five schools to send my score report to - with no extra charge. Can those schools be at any international location? I am planning to submit my scores to US and Canadian schools - please let me know if I would be able to select Canadian schools as well during the test - to send my score reports to.

Thanks!
Send PM
Expert Reply
sa2222 wrote:
Hello Rebecca,

I have a question - I tried to look up online, but couldn't find specific info.

My question is - During Test Day, I have an option to choose 5 five schools to send my score report to - with no extra charge. Can those schools be at any international location? I am planning to submit my scores to US and Canadian schools - please let me know if I would be able to select Canadian schools as well during the test - to send my score reports to.

Thanks!

Your score report can be sent to any GMAT-accepting school or program in the world. I hope that helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Hello Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply. I do have another question. I have scheduled my GMAT appointment in Boston, MA. Usually after scheduling appointment, I thought GMAC sends a mail to your mailing address - with appointment confirmation and a CD. Obviously, I have received an appointment confirmation in email and I am able to download the tests through mba.com (official website). But, just wanted to be sure - if I have missed the mail or GMAC no longer sends the appointment confirmation mail with the CD.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I took the GMAT last month and selected 5 schools to send my scores to on the test day. I did not score quite to my expectations and I am going to take the GMAT again. My question is that should I choose a different set of schools to send my scores this time.

To be clear, my top 5 schools are still the ones I selected on the 1st attempt and I want them to see my 2nd attempt scores as well. So will sending the scores to them once allow them to see all my scores when I apply to them and therefore I can choose a different set of schools or do I need to resend my scores to my top 5.

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
I have my printed out score report from the test center, but I think I deleted the link to my official score report.

How can I access my scores online? Also, will this have all my scores or only the recent one?

I have taken the GMAT a few times and cannot remember my AWA and IR scores on the previous tests, and need them for applications. Thanks.
Send PM
Expert Reply
vaj18psu wrote:
I have my printed out score report from the test center, but I think I deleted the link to my official score report.

How can I access my scores online? Also, will this have all my scores or only the recent one?

I have taken the GMAT a few times and cannot remember my AWA and IR scores on the previous tests, and need them for applications. Thanks.

You will need to contact Pearson Vue directly to get the secure access code for your GMAT score report. You can find the Pearson Vue contact information for your region at mba.com/contact. Your GMAT score report will include all GMAT scores from the previous give years. Please note that for any applications, you will need to order an official score report to be sent to your schools. You can do that here: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... cores.aspx.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  29