Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63658 [0]
Given Kudos: 1773
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AjiteshArun wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

I have faced such a sever situation that I missed my GMAT Exam without cancelling it. I remembered the exam just 1 hour before the exam through my cell but cancellation less than 24 hrs is not allowed as per rules announced here:
https://www.mba.com/africa/frequently-a ... tment.aspx

I know that I lost my $250. However, Does the no-show count as 1 tests of the 8 life-time tests? Does this mean that I lost one opportunity?

Thanks in advance for your help
As far as I know, a no-show does not count as 1 of the 8. The GMAC is doing this to discourage people who are looking to steal questions. They're not doing this to annoy genuine test takers.

I hope OfficialGMAT can confirm this.

I second that. No show isn't count as an attempt. I know someone who had 8th attempt to go but somehow he didn't go. When he confirmed from customer care, they mentioned that he can still give his last attempt. All the best :)
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mo2men wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

I have faced such a sever situation that I missed my GMAT Exam without cancelling it. I remembered the exam just 1 hour before the exam through my cell but cancellation less than 24 hrs is not allowed as per rules announced here:
https://www.mba.com/africa/frequently-a ... tment.aspx

I know that I lost my $250. However, Does the no-show count as 1 tests of the 8 life-time tests? Does this mean that I lost one opportunity?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you missed your GMAT Exam! This will not count as one of your attempts for the 8 time life time policy. It only counts if you complete the GMAT Exam.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Leah
Customer Care Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 798 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Dear OfficialGMAT

Why outside USA we are not able to book GMAT in $150 only ?
I tagged your name in one post mentioning link used for booking GMAT in150USD and when I selected India in country - no centres were available but when i selected USA centres were available ...

kindly reply , also advice a way to book in 150 USD as it will be a partiality if we ( not from USA) are unable to take benifit of 150USD option..
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Hello Leah / GMAC Official Representative,

Please answer this question: how is it possible that a test taker can answer every counted question correctly on Verbal, yet earn "only" a V50 instead of a perfect V51?

Does this mean that V50 is now a perfect score? If not, then what is the explanation, and is it related to the test-taker's performance on the experimental ("pretest") questions?

Thank you,
Brian
Send PM
Expert Reply
mcelroytutoring wrote:

Please answer this question: how is it possible that a test taker can answer every counted question correctly on Verbal, yet earn "only" a V50 instead of a perfect V51?

Does this mean that V50 is now a perfect score? If not, then what is the explanation, and is it related to the test-taker's performance on the experimental ("pretest") questions?

Thank you,
Brian

Hi Brian,

I would be happy to look into this! Can you please reach out to us via email and provide your first/last name, and GMAT ID number? You may email us at customercare@mba.com.

Thanks!
Leah
Customer Care Team
Send PM
Expert Reply
sahilvijay wrote:
Dear OfficialGMAT

Why outside USA we are not able to book GMAT in $150 only ?
I tagged your name in one post mentioning link used for booking GMAT in150USD and when I selected India in country - no centres were available but when i selected USA centres were available ...

kindly reply , also advice a way to book in 150 USD as it will be a partiality if we ( not from USA) are unable to take benifit of 150USD option..

Hello,

Currently the promotion is in a pilot phase just in the US, for a specific market. Depending on how it does it may become more than just a pilot, and span to more markets! Our team that works with this promotion is aware of your eagerness, and is happy to see that internationally, students are interested.

Leah
Customer Care Team
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
OfficialGMAT wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:

Thank you,
Brian

Hi Brian,

I would be happy to look into this! Can you please reach out to us via email and provide your first/last name, and GMAT ID number? You may email us at customercare@mba.com.

Thanks!
Leah
Customer Care Team

Hi Leah,

I appreciate your willingness to help! I do have that information readily available, but the V50 score to which I am referring is not mine--it is the score of another GMAT Club user. I am simply seeking an official explanation from which the rest of us can benefit.

As you can imagine, it seems very odd that one could answer every counted question correctly and not earn a perfect score--that is, unless the experimental ("pretest") questions do matter in some small way, if only by affecting the overall question difficulty level.

Thank you,
Brian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello. The mba (dot) com can't be accessed and thus I can't register for my GMAT test. I get a "Service Unavailable". In addition, when it was open I got a Block Error (or something like that, I can't see it right now). How can I register for the test? Thank you in advance.

edit: Now that the site is online again, I managed to log in but when I go to "Take the GMAT Exam" I get this message:

Quote:
Block Error

We're sorry, there is a problem with your GMAT account which requires you to speak with customer care. Please visit (I can't post the link being a new member, but it points to the contact page) to find the appropriate phone number.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
geo1230 wrote:
Hello. The mba (dot) com can't be accessed and thus I can't register for my GMAT test. I get a "Service Unavailable". In addition, when it was open I got a Block Error (or something like that, I can't see it right now). How can I register for the test? Thank you in advance.

edit: Now that the site is online again, I managed to log in but when I go to "Take the GMAT Exam" I get this message:

Quote:
Block Error

We're sorry, there is a problem with your GMAT account which requires you to speak with customer care. Please visit (I can't post the link being a new member, but it points to the contact page) to find the appropriate phone number.

Hi,

have you taken the gmat before?

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
geo1230 wrote:

Quote:
Block Error

Hi,

have you taken the gmat before?

Regards,
HK

No, this is my first time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
geo1230 wrote:

Ok if you have an alternate email-id, try registering on (link removed to post) and then check if the issue persists and if it does call the customer care

regards,
HK

ok, I contacted them through live chat and after some back and forth the problem was solved and I managed to register for the test. Thank you for your time.
VP
VP
Send PM
geo1230 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
geo1230 wrote:

Ok if you have an alternate email-id, try registering on (link removed to post) and then check if the issue persists and if it does call the customer care

regards,
HK

ok, I contacted them through live chat and after some back and forth the problem was solved and I managed to register for the test. Thank you for your time.

Good luck. Do Reach out if you need help

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Hatakekakashi

Thank you for your time. I managed to book a test, so I keep my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Thanks for your assistance.
VP
VP
Send PM
geo1230 wrote:
Hi Hatakekakashi

Thank you for your time. I managed to book a test, so I keep my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Thanks for your assistance.

Good luck :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hi

Can some one please tell me how long it takes the Gmac to provide the ESR I had requested one almost a week back and money has been deducted with confirmation from Gmac but no access code yet...

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
coolnaren wrote:
Hi

Can some one please tell me how long it takes the Gmac to provide the ESR I had requested one almost a week back and money has been deducted with confirmation from Gmac but no access code yet...

Posted from my mobile device

Can you go to your mba.com acount and see whether you have an option to GET ESR? I remember I didn't receive any email confirmation for mine but when I checked the account, it was there.
Send PM
Expert Reply
mcelroytutoring wrote:

I recently received word that the student who received only a V50 with 100% of counted questions correct had his score raised by GMAC to a perfect V51, so that issue is now resolved--thank you!

Please answer these 2 more questions:

1) Why does the GMAC website continue to indicate 60 as the maximum possible score on both Quant and Verbal, even though the top score on each section is well known to be a 51, and has been for decades?

2) Will GMAC go on record to acknowledge the following, which we can already infer from ESR analysis: there are 23 experimental ("pretest") questions on the GMAT (25.6% of the test): 11 on Verbal, 9 on Quant, and 3 on IR? (In the past, GMAC has only gone so far as to say that "10 to 25%" of the questions on the GMAT are pretest.)

Thank you,
Brian

Hello!

Thank you all for voicing your concerns! We are currently investigating this issue, which we are confident affects only a small handful of candidates in the very high score ranges. If your scores are determined to be impacted, GMAC will contact you directly. To protect candidate's personal information, we cannot respond to inquiries from or provide information to third parties regarding other candidates GMAT Exam scores. If anyone has a question regarding their own personal GMAT Exam scores, they can reach out to us at customercare@mba.com.

GMAT scores are determined by a proprietary, complex algorithm that is based on pattern scoring using probability models. In other words, your GMAT score is not directly based on the number correct or incorrect; there is no such thing as “weight” or “weight-age” in GMAT scoring, and the locations of correctly or incorrectly answered questions do not have a direct impact on GMAT scores (although it maybe have an impact on the adaptive question selection algorithm).

Leah
Customer Care Team
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  29