Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: LBS MIF '14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 2013 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink]
no, no, I think my post was a bit confusing. What I meant to say is that I'm in as a candidate to the program, not "in" as in "I'm admitted" in.

sorry for confusion :)

I have a feeling we'll hear something after the November 13 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BingoBongo wrote:
no, no, I think my post was a bit confusing. What I meant to say is that I'm in as a candidate to the program, not "in" as in "I'm admitted" in.

sorry for confusion :)

I have a feeling we'll hear something after the November 13 deadline.

LOL lets keep our fingers crossed! I suppose for now, no news kinda means good news! :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amywatkinsuk

Now it is a wait game. But the e-mail that I got from adcoms said that they will review the application ASAP, so I hope it won't take long.

by the way, are you guys excited about the optional fourth term? ;) Students will now be able to do an internship in Summer, which I think is absolutely great news.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BingoBongo wrote:
amywatkinsuk

Now it is a wait game. But the e-mail that I got from adcoms said that they will review the application ASAP, so I hope it won't take long.

by the way, are you guys excited about the optional fourth term? ;) Students will now be able to do an internship in Summer, which I think is absolutely great news.

is that for full-timer only? not sure they offer the same for part-time students...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Update on my part. I'm in the process of setting up the interview. There was a delay as LBS couldn't find anyone in my home country so I'll have to travel abroad.:( However, they assure me that once interview is conducted it usually doesn't take long to reach decision. Let's see how it's going......

Also, according to their e-mail the AdCom meet every Tuesday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sunnyk wrote:
Update on my part. I'm in the process of setting up the interview. There was a delay as LBS couldn't find anyone in my home country so I'll have to travel abroad.:( However, they assure me that once interview is conducted it usually doesn't take long to reach decision. Let's see how it's going......

Also, according to their e-mail the AdCom meet every Tuesday.

best of luck.

ok im hoping for some news on Wed then....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Must2013 wrote:
Does anybody know if MiF programme operates under rolling admissions or stage base admissions?
One of the alumni told me that his admission process seemed like rolling basis.
However, few of the articles on web shows different opinions.
I am weighing to submit on 2nd stage deadline vs. few days later after the stage 2 deadline.

Must2013,
It may be too late for this advice, but you're better to submit ahead of the deadline. This said, the admissions committee applies the same admissions criteria for the first four rounds, so If you are into round 3, you have the same chances of admissions. Within a round, the committee reviews applications in the order received (i.e., kind of on a rolling basis), but obviously if you apply at the first part of round 3 vs the end of round 2 then they will be focused on the round 2 applications and you will have to wait longer for feedback.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rwkTX wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:
Hi All

UPdate on my part.

Just got an invitation for interview!!! yeah! I know it's not meaning Im in yet, but still im quite happy and determined to make it work.

To those who are still waiting, best of luck!

Congratulations :) Be sure to search this thread and the 2012 thread for advice on how best to prepare for the interview. Feel free to send questions my way as well.

THank you rwkTX!

I am starting my interview prep today. Since im in London and admin office said it would be quite easy to find someone to conduct my interview so they are hoping to get this done quickly, which means i need to be up to speed with my prep too!

fingers crossed...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
does anyone know what percentage of applicants get an interview invite and what percent of interviewed get admission?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks, rwkTX! I also wonder if the program has experienced a drop in number of applications to the program. The entire finance sector took a brutal beating over the last few years and I'm sure b-schools also felt the pinch (Columbia, for example, saw applications drop by double digits this year)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BingoBongo wrote:
thanks, rwkTX! I also wonder if the program has experienced a drop in number of applications to the program. The entire finance sector took a brutal beating over the last few years and I'm sure b-schools also felt the pinch (Columbia, for example, saw applications drop by double digits this year)

many companies stopped funding MBA course...that's what i have gathered..not sure about MiF, which i assume mostly self-funded?

You heard anything from the school yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amywatkinsuk wrote:
BingoBongo wrote:

many companies stopped funding MBA course...that's what i have gathered..not sure about MiF, which i assume mostly self-funded?

Yes, I actually got an interview invite and we'll try get the interview out of the way asap. :) I really want to know whether I'm in or not, by the end of the year. I don't want this process to drag into January :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BingoBongo wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:
BingoBongo wrote:

Yes, I actually got an interview invite and we'll try get the interview out of the way asap. :) I really want to know whether I'm in or not, by the end of the year. I don't want this process to drag into January :)

haha same here.

But my interviewer ingnores my email....i have tried contacting hims with no luck....hmmm that's a good start...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Send PM
amywatkinsuk wrote:

Yes, I actually got an interview invite and we'll try get the interview out of the way asap. :) I really want to know whether I'm in or not, by the end of the year. I don't want this process to drag into January :)[/quote]

haha same here.

But my interviewer ingnores my email....i have tried contacting hims with no luck....hmmm that's a good start...[/quote]

Hi Guys

Would you mind sharing your profiles? I applied in R2 and am not sure why I haven't received an invite yet. I have 5 years relevant experience and a good enough GMAT score. A little tense now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
synecdoche wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:

Hi Guys

Would you mind sharing your profiles? I applied in R2 and am not sure why I haven't received an invite yet. I have 5 years relevant experience and a good enough GMAT score. A little tense now

Im applying for the part time version. NOt sure if that makes any diff in the timing of respons?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Send PM
amywatkinsuk wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:

Hi Guys

Im applying for the part time version. NOt sure if that makes any diff in the timing of respons?

oh ok. So you're based in London. Problem is I've got into another program and have to accept by Dec 15th
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
synecdoche wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:

haha same here.

But my interviewer ingnores my email....i have tried contacting hims with no luck....hmmm that's a good start...[/quote]

Hi Guys

Would you mind sharing your profiles? I applied in R2 and am not sure why I haven't received an invite yet. I have 5 years relevant experience and a good enough GMAT score. A little tense now[/quote]

synecdoche,
I would send an email to Peter Johnson and mention your time constraint to him. I'm not sure that he can do anything about hurrying up the process, but you never know unless you ask.
rk
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts