Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would recommend taking a prep class. The fastest way to improve on those weak areas is to get help from a trained instructor who knows how to conquer the GMAT.

I have never heard of Test Busters, but I used Princeton Review's book Cracking the GMAT and think it's the best one out there for understanding the GMAT. They are especially good for verbal. If you can afford a prep class then I would do theirs, but if not, get that book (comes with 5 tests if you get the one with the CD). They also have a grammar book that will help you with SC - it's called Grammar Smart. Also very useful for essays and general grammar help. I'm keeping that one.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree with Lucy. The marginal utility of taking a class when you are at 380 is much larger than the one when you are at say 650+
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot everyone for guiding me. I think its such a supporting site.
The confidence I have built by talking with you guys is enough to boost me . I think now I don't need any help from a trained instructor as you guys are a better instructor. I know my weaknesses and would surely go through the books you advised. Let me see 1st if Ican work on my own and improve the score ? If not then surely I would take some professional help.I hope you all are there with me untill then.
God Bless
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
It is important to note that we are all just b-school hopefuls as well, bhavnasai. None of us are trained, professional instructors and it's unlikely we're better than the pros in many respects. I believe you will find a great deal of help here for your prep, and think your plan to continue trying on your own while seeking help here is a good start, but just be aware that there is a lot of misinformation and just plain old guessing out there. We are not a true replacement for a trained GMAT instructor or prep class. I am not in any way knocking this board, but just want to be sure you're aware that we're not professionals. I know you're open to taking a class if you don't improve enough on your own, and that's great, but I just want to make sure you understand we're all just "students" too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi lucyloo,
I agree with you and I am aware of the fact that you all too are students
and cannot be compared to the proessionals. The only thing I find good here is that everyone can suggest what's working best for whom and the others can just try it .Well if it works Bingo! I think its very good for those who are considering self-study as they can get ideas from people here who are seeking professional help too. U see Lucyloo there could be people here who cannot afford professional help but are bright and hardworking students. It could be a great site for them. As far as your point is concerned I totally agree and understand that nothing could be compared to the professionals as they are well experienced in this field.
I am just giving myself sometime and then I too will consider it .
cheers :P
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]