Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Re: 3rd Manhattan GMAT CAT - 640 (Q: 44, V: 33) [#permalink]
Guys I just realised after all this time that MGMATs are free if you purchase even a single book.

I now have only 6 days.

Did MGMAT1 - Got 690 (Q46, V38)

How many you guys think I should do. I have given GMATPrep1 thrice all 7xx and GMATPrep2 which I screwed up on verbal 650 (Q49, V48)

What would be best strategy for optimally combining MGMATs and GMATPreps this last week.

I thought I will give 2 more MGMATs and repeat GMATPrep2 twice and thats it. Leave last 2 days to relax.

However I want 700+ I think I have not been consistent so far and dont feel rock solid.
But I guess I never will

Thanks for inputs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
kyatin wrote:
Guys I just realised after all this time that MGMATs are free if you purchase even a single book.

I now have only 6 days.

Did MGMAT1 - Got 690 (Q46, V38)

How many you guys think I should do. I have given GMATPrep1 thrice all 7xx and GMATPrep2 which I screwed up on verbal 650 (Q49, V48)

What would be best strategy for optimally combining MGMATs and GMATPreps this last week.

I thought I will give 2 more MGMATs and repeat GMATPrep2 twice and thats it. Leave last 2 days to relax.

However I want 700+ I think I have not been consistent so far and dont feel rock solid.
But I guess I never will

Thanks for inputs.

With 6 days left, in all honesty, I would just be taking GMATpreps now. Even if you see repeat questions, since you will get them right this time around, your score will be higher and the CAT will dig up more difficult questions from the question bank to test you. Do the GMATpreps, continue to log your errors so you see where you are shaky, and that's it. If you have the MGMAT books, the number properties one is invaluable for the quant section, and the SC is great for the verbal. I mention these only because increasing your hit rate on the SCs is generally easier than reading comp or CR, and the quant section - even in the more challenging questions - is really all about locking down your understanding of number properties. But really, now you should focus your best efforts on the GMATpreps. Best of luck!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
My scores have been the following:

3/2/2008 KAPLAN 640 (Q40, V41)
3/22/2008 MGMAT 690 (Q38, V45)
3/29/2008 PR 660 (Q43, V39)
4/13/2008 MGMAT 640 (Q40, V37)
4/26/2008 MGMAT 650 (Q44, V35)

From what I've gathered, your quant score will be higher by a few points on the real GMAT vs. the MGMAT. What I've noticed is that the really hard MGMAT quant questions, are hard because they are long, not necessarily because they are technically difficult.

As you can see from my scores, the MGMAT verbals are all over the place. I went from 99 percentile down to 75 percentile, even though my sentence correction skills have rapidly improved.

What I've noticed is that none of the practice tests really replicate the GMAT questions (at least from the 11th Ed. guide). I think the GMAT people take a lot of care to make the questions unambiguous. That way you spend less time trying to understand the questions. I think that has a real impact on the quality of the practice verbals questions (I've read a few explanations that left me scratching my head, while all the explanations for the real GMAT questions were quite straightforward).

NN
SVP
SVP
Send PM
nognig wrote:
My scores have been the following:

3/2/2008 KAPLAN 640 (Q40, V41)
3/22/2008 MGMAT 690 (Q38, V45)
3/29/2008 PR 660 (Q43, V39)
4/13/2008 MGMAT 640 (Q40, V37)
4/26/2008 MGMAT 650 (Q44, V35)

From what I've gathered, your quant score will be higher by a few points on the real GMAT vs. the MGMAT. What I've noticed is that the really hard MGMAT quant questions, are hard because they are long, not necessarily because they are technically difficult.

As you can see from my scores, the MGMAT verbals are all over the place. I went from 99 percentile down to 75 percentile, even though my sentence correction skills have rapidly improved.

What I've noticed is that none of the practice tests really replicate the GMAT questions (at least from the 11th Ed. guide). I think the GMAT people take a lot of care to make the questions unambiguous. That way you spend less time trying to understand the questions. I think that has a real impact on the quality of the practice verbals questions (I've read a few explanations that left me scratching my head, while all the explanations for the real GMAT questions were quite straightforward).

NN

I'm really wondering what you'll get on your first GMATPrep. Please let me know when you take it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
terp06 wrote:
I'm really wondering what you'll get on your first GMATPrep. Please let me know when you take it.

I've got 7 weeks until the real test, so I'll probably make my first attempt in 2-3 weeks.

I'll be sure to post my results.

NN
SVP
SVP
Send PM
nognig wrote:
terp06 wrote:

I've got 7 weeks until the real test, so I'll probably make my first attempt in 2-3 weeks.

I'll be sure to post my results.

NN

Sounds like we're practically on the same page. My test is in 8 weeks and I'm scoring similar to you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4317 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Guys, did you practice SETs? If yes, can you please share your average scores.
Thanks a bunch in advance. (sorry to deviate from the subject terp06)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
what is SETs? :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4317 [0]
Given Kudos: 2