It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 12:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

48 hours left to decide whether to cancel 710 score, please help!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Apr 2017
Posts: 16
48 hours left to decide whether to cancel 710 score, please help! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 16:42
I would be really really grateful if someone could give me some advice. I am applying for top-tier B-schools in the first round so the deadlines are drawing close...

I took 2 GMAT exams and got the exact same Scaled Score but slightly different overall scores and percentiles. I am really struggling whether I should take it a third time to get to top B-schools..

GMAT 1: 700 (89%)
IR5 (54%)
Q47 (65%)
V40 (91%)

GMAT 2: 710 (91%)
IR5 (55%)
Q47 (63%)
V40 (91%)

When I decided to take it the second time, I was hoping to improve my Quant score. That is why I am super disappointed now that my Quant percentile decreased (despite having the same scaled score).

Some key background information:
- I am a bit worried about my AWA in GMAT2 (not sure if I can get a 4..)
- I am from Hong Kong (not sure if I will be counted as "Chinese" in terms of admission quotas)
- I have a double degree in Law and Business (LLB and BBA), second upper class honours but a GPA of only 3.0X (not low in this double degree program but I guess it is considered low by admission committee?)
- I worked in a Fortune 500 company, first in the a Global Strategy role, then in a local marketing role within the same company (my current position)

Do you think my profile and GMAT score (given the low Quant) is strong enough to get into the top 10 US business schools (Kellogg, Haas, Ross...).

Thank you very much!
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 185
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
48 hours left to decide whether to cancel 710 score, please help! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 17:10
The really strange thing is that not only did your quant percentile go down, your overall went up! I'd keep it and try for a retake. Worst case, you are prob not getting dinged just because of your GMAT.

Also, when did you take the two tests?
_________________

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Posts: 49
Reviews Badge
48 hours left to decide whether to cancel 710 score, please help! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 21:27
You can always cancel and reinstate your score if you have any doubts.

For what it's worth, I went for an information session where the member of AdCom said that the biggest thing B-Schools care about is the overall number. I'd keep the 710 if I were you, but like I said, you can always cancel the score now and pay to reinstate it at a later date. I'm also from an over-represented group and I kept my score, I'm not going to retake.
48 hours left to decide whether to cancel 710 score, please help!   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2017, 21:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

48 hours left to decide whether to cancel 710 score, please help!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR FEBRUARY
Math Revolution - $69/mo Type Coupon Code: HOTDEAL2
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - $75 off all packages Valentine's special. Valid until Feb. 15
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.