Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Re: 580 to 700 in 45 days [#permalink]
Congrats man...that was inspiring!!
I also get surprsied after reading posts like 770 in a week or 750 after 10 days' studying.

But some people are already good at running marathons :)

BR
Mandeep
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
this is really encouraging... thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Congratulations and thanks for your inspirational post.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Excellent!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for sharing these tips! Very helpful indeed!!

phighter wrote:
HI all

First of all a huge thanks to Gmat club for showing me hope when the chips were down!!

I took my first attempt at Gmat on Sep, 29 and got 580, though i had 740 in prep2 and was consistently touching above 700 in prep tests.I was very disappointed and then joined Gmat club and started following success stories of 100 point jump and all. Started studying seriously post Oct 30th after Metallica perfomed in India.
2nd attempt-Dec 15th-700!!

I wish to give back a gew tips to a club that helped me immensely:

1. Quality vs quantity is very important-Second time around I spent considerable time on any verbal question that i got wrong, searched threads on Gmat club and manhattan and kept a soft copy of the same as a report.

2. Maintained a hard copy of an error log book for both quant and verbal and revised and understood my mistakes.

3. Worked atleast 4 hours every day for 45 days, I am very skeptical of posts where people score 700 plus with a couple of weeks prep and studying 2 hours a day, i suggest you give everything you have!!

4. Dont' believe anyone who tells you cannot achieve it,after my first attempt a teacher of verbal told me that its out of my reach, that i am past my age to crack a tough test like Gmat, that i should be happy if i touched 600, but i worked very hard, not to prove him wrong, but i because i wanted to do well

5. Strategise: Gmat is not pure skill on verbal or quant section, you have to manage the test. I practiced SC a lot, understood all the concepts, practiced RC and CR but fot the test my strategy was: Crack SC in under a minute, Spend time on RC and go to and fro from a quesion to answer to get it right and for CR if i did not get the answer in 2 mins i guessed and moved on or if after reading twice i found it incomprehensible i took my best guess and moved on.

6.There is a way to use the ear plugs-and if you dont ask how to use those with max effectiveness , chances are the administrator won't tell you

7. Spend time with your ownself-create your own space where even if you are not studying you say positive things to yourself, enjoy the fight, dream of cracking it and then get going, dont waste anytime, dont justify watching some football or a movie or a drink( though i did a few times:))Give it your best shot!! and you will be surprised at what you can achieve!!

Thanks a lot Gmat club and all those members who achieved miracles and inspired many more to emulate!!

Wish all of you the very best,

Rohit

If you can't then you must!!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts