Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
 Q50  V48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It has been very helpful. Thank you very much :)

By the way, I wish you all the best for the rest of the application process.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V48
Send PM
Re: 6 Stages of Question Mastery [#permalink]
yogachgolf wrote:
Nice Post...what's GMAT Guides?

I just mean any GMAT books. Like PR's Cracking the GMAT, MGMAT Guides, Kaplan 800, etc.

-J
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is a very good post. How do you successful execute the 5-answer thorough analysis. My problem is that whenever i see the answer of a question I initially failed, i get that 'ooh' effect that makes me think that i understand why the answer chosen is correct and mine is not.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V48
Send PM
[#permalink]
kizito2001 wrote:
This is a very good post. How do you successful execute the 5-answer thorough analysis. My problem is that whenever i see the answer of a question I initially failed, i get that 'ooh' effect that makes me think that i understand why the answer chosen is correct and mine is not.

If you're at the stage where you can immediately understand, then you're doing well!

I would rewind my thinking to try to understand why I chose the wrong answer to begin with, because maybe you're consistently making the same error.

Especially for Verbal, it's very important to understand why each wrong answer is wrong.

-J
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Jing,

Thanks for this awesome post as it has definitely inspired me. I have a questions regarding consistency in the prep material, what to use and what NOT to use.

My situation is that this is my second time taking the test (i took my test Nov 1 and didn't do well - 640: v35, m45). I have used and am still using various different types of material and score all over the board. For example, with Princeton Review, i score around high 600s - 700. With Kaplan, I score in the 630-660 range, ARCO is also in the 660s range. Surprisingly I scored 710s on both of the GMAT Prep tests, prior to the exam. But clearly, I was not ready. Now, I dont know which prep material to trust and when I am truely "ready" to the take it again.

So, what was your plan of attack in:
1. Nagivating through all this prep material, and choosing the right ones? Should I stick to 3-4 brands (MGMAT, KAPLAN, OG, PR)?
2. This is a silly quesiton, but still want to ask it...How do you know when you are "ready?" Is it when you are consistently scoring in the same range on various different prep materials?

A big thank you in advance!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]