Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Aringo Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6042 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink]
rishi0109 wrote:
amaterasu wrote:
It is so interesting that I got a 650 with splits Q50/V28 almost two years ago...How come you would end up with a 680?

Yes, so was I surprised - because after coming out of the exam centre, when i google "Q51 V28", all I got was 660 score but somehow i got 680

Hi..congrats on such a great score!!! I have a questions and its regarding the efficacy of the kaplan tests...have heard a lot in forums regarding the skewed scoring algorithm and all..but are the questions good enough??? Like if at all you score 650 but have good accuracy then that should be the goal I guess...I have almost a month to go for the gmat and I am done with almost all basics and have solved all questions from OG 12, verbal review, GMAT Prep question bank (almost done with verbal)..now what i need is more and more practice and getting used to the exam timing pressures and all...what would you recommend in this front????

would Manhattan mocks +kaplan mocks +gmat prep mocks be enough or would you suggest something else???

thanks in advance...waiting for the reply!!!!!

All the besr for application process!!!
Current Student
Send PM
brethart999 wrote:
rishi0109 wrote:
amaterasu wrote:
It is so interesting that I got a 650 with splits Q50/V28 almost two years ago...How come you would end up with a 680?

Yes, so was I surprised - because after coming out of the exam centre, when i google "Q51 V28", all I got was 660 score but somehow i got 680

Hi..congrats on such a great score!!! I have a questions and its regarding the efficacy of the kaplan tests...have heard a lot in forums regarding the skewed scoring algorithm and all..but are the questions good enough??? Like if at all you score 650 but have good accuracy then that should be the goal I guess...I have almost a month to go for the gmat and I am done with almost all basics and have solved all questions from OG 12, verbal review, GMAT Prep question bank (almost done with verbal)..now what i need is more and more practice and getting used to the exam timing pressures and all...what would you recommend in this front????

would Manhattan mocks +kaplan mocks +gmat prep mocks be enough or would you suggest something else???

thanks in advance...waiting for the reply!!!!!

All the besr for application process!!!

Apologies for a late response - somehow i missed this post.

When I first gave my Kaplan test, I got 760 and always got around 740, which is my actual GMAT score - so i would go by their algorithm. Regarding questions being good - i only focused on giving mocks to build my stamina and not for practice of questions; neither I got discouraged seeing a bad score not I got overwhelmed seeing a high one. Instead, I just focused on building stamina and just learning concepts more clearly from OG questions.

If you are done with OG and OG Verbal Review 2 - I would suggest that you revise all SC questions - revising again and again, and all the answer choices improved my SC by a good margin. And just try building stamina by giving tests that are timed shorter than the real thing. Lastly, you would automatically start feeling comfortable, so dont go by the number of mocks you give but try to build stamina and also, do give IR and AWA section to give a real feel.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Hi rishi0109,
Which e-GMAT course did you enroll for?

How helpful they're to clarify individual doubts in your weak areas through 1-1 interactions?
Current Student
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi rishi0109,

How helpful they're to clarify individual doubts in your weak areas through 1-1 interactions?

Enrolled for e-gmat SC course - which is for 69$

and I never approached them for 1-1 interaction.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
rishi0109 wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi rishi0109,

Thanks dude for your reply. Yeah..they're actually a master piece for SC...at least as per the feedback in the forums.

Actually SC is stronger than CR and RC for me...CR has been my most troubled area...So I was thinking what should I do actually...!

BTW,how did you prepare for CR especially and RC? If you think you may want to share it offline please reply through PM or else is just fine :)
Current Student
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
rishi0109 wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi rishi0109,

Thanks dude for your reply. Yeah..they're actually a master piece for SC...at least as per the feedback in the forums.

Actually SC is stronger than CR and RC for me...CR has been my most troubled area...So I was thinking what should I do actually...!

BTW,how did you prepare for CR especially and RC? If you think you may want to share it offline please reply through PM or else is just fine :)

My CR was the strongest area and I used to get max 1 or 2 incorrect answers durng my mocks, so i never gave a lot of attention to it. Also, I gradually noticed that my accuracy in GMAT RC was higher if I took longer than usual - so more than my understanding, quick comprehension was the trouble area.

So while I started with my OG verbal review 2, I made mini 1 hour english tests, taking 16-17 RC questions and 16-17 CR questions; I believe that helped me master my skills and execute with higher accuracy in timed environment.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Send PM
Hi Rishi,

How you prepare for the Quant to get that high score? I joined eGMAT for verbal but I still worry about my Quant. My Quant score from the diagnostic test (in Edvento) is too low, only 42.

Thank you,
Lucy
Current Student
Send PM
LucyDang wrote:
Hi Rishi,

How you prepare for the Quant to get that high score? I joined eGMAT for verbal but I still worry about my Quant. My Quant score from the diagnostic test (in Edvento) is too low, only 42.

Thank you,
Lucy

Hi Lucy

Honestly I hardly studied some hours for Quant - but that was because of my engineering background - where I have already prepared sufficiently indirectly for gmat itself.

However for gmat quant - I would surely recommend you doing OG 13, OG Quant Review and manhattan 5 strategy books. I would urge to do all questions under times environment to speed up unless you are learning a new concept altogether.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts