Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That is very strange. My scores went up by 70pts from MGMAT to GMATPrep. 640 vs. 710.

Have you been working closely w/ the OG as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
My experience MGMAT vs Gmat Prep [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I had the same experience. Scored twice 700 on MGMAT and got 660 on Gmat prep. I noticed also that I did some very silly mistakes in Q at the begining of GMAT prep. Following emoryhopeful advise, I did some OG easy math question with objective of getting them all right.

Check my post here:

https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t52074

I was able to lift my score GMAT prep score from Q45 to Q49 and my total score is now inline with MGMAT score.

Good luck! Let me know if this strategy works for you too.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
my experience [#permalink]
I scored a 660 on the last MG Cat i took a couple weeks ago, and I scored a 700 on the GMAT Prep a few days ago, though I feel my GMAT prep scould have been substantially higher (missed 10 of last 13 verbal questions - time management)

I think mental state is key. That said, read more into the mental state when you took the test than the score. Seems like you missed questions you normally would have gotten. I am sure you are fine. just relax and really focus. Take it again. You seem like a 700+ for sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I took my 4th gmat prep on sunday, and I can't seem to break the 650 barrier. I had different RC passages and only about 5 total questions that were the same from previous tests and I thought I had done well.

I did much better on the Q, even though I ran out of time, but did worse on the Verbal, which the opposite of how I have been doing. I find it really hard to figure out what I had screwed up on in the verbal since the gmat prep doesn't break down your weaknesses or tell you what difficulty of questions you didn't do well on.

I was a little discouraged, but I decided to forget taking any more gmat prep tests and just focus on SC and some Q problems, since it doesn't really help you on weaknesses other than give you an idea of the length of the test. My test is this thurs.

I had taken a test on sat. and tallied about 6 hours of working on the gmat for that day, so I think my brain was tired on sunday.

How the gmatprep can score you without giving you explanations to problems you missed is beyond me. I guess they want you to buy their gmat 800 book, which I ended up doing, but mostly I have found these forums to be the best help in solving these problems.

I am hoping things comes together on thurs and my brain is well rested. I actually haven't taken any practice tests with the AWA.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You guys really shouldn't wait until the midnight hour to take the gmatprep. My suggestion has always been to take one about 4 weeks in advance and or when you feel you have learned all of the material conceptually. Thereafter, take the second gmatprep about a week or two before the test. If you have reached near your target score once already, then you'll be fine. It can be an off day.

MGMAT, from what I remember is very forgiving with its score. Questions are tough, but scoring is forgiving.

If it's any solace to you guys, imho, GMATPrep is harder than the actual gmat.

Remember, GMATPrep is golden.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, I'm back from the actual GMAT... scored a disappointing 650. My quant was awesome (47) and my verbal atrocious (34). I really feel like I know SC pretty damn well but I'm getting killed in RC and CR and I just can't put my finger on why.

Right now, I'm a little upset with MGMAT. Any way you look at it, I shouldn't be getting 40-44 on the MGMAT verbal and 34 on the real deal. That's just... silly. I feel like I should have taken the GMAT Prep earlier on and learned that valuable piece of info.

I'll be taking the test again and really attacking the CR and RC between now and then - without MGMAT materials. Ugghhh. What a pain in the butt!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yep. I took the GMAT and scored a very sad 620. I dropped in both quant and verbal, but only scored a 35 in Verbal on the real thing, when whith MGMAT I was scoring consistently around 43. And I too am pissed that I spent so much time working on MGMAT material and not focusing on the GMAT prep stuff. I am not sure I want to take it again... UGH! But I really want to get into either USC or UCLA, and I don't think my score will cut it for either!

Good luck fellow GMAT takers! This has been quite the process so far!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sorry to hear all your bad news. Spend a little more time on this website. You'll learn strategies that work.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]