Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT Date: 09-11-2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:SLOGGING : My son says,This time Papa u will have to make it : Innocence is BLISS
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Re: 710 to 630 - trolled [#permalink]
AbhiJ wrote:
As an Indian engineer that too with good GPA you should target Q50 at least Q49. Q50 V31 is 690 i think.

I would agree, coming from this background a 50/51 in quant will be necessary to compete. If you have time I would recommend a retake, especially with less than 1.5 yrs of experience. When are you planning to apply? Also, where are you looking? A 630 could be sufficient depending on your goals. Your grades sound good from what I can tell, but to target top schools with little work experience I think you will need to get your gmat up above 700, with particular focus on the Q score given the pool of students you will be competing against.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AbhiJ and Gern47 yes I agree that my quant should have been better. But since quant was my strength I put in more effort to verbal given that a little improvement in verbal score could take my score a lot higher. I saw that this strategy worked well during my prep exams.

Gern47 I am looking forward to get admission into Kelly Indiana Bloomington, SMU Singapore or NUS Singapore for the fall 2013 full time MBA. I do not have much time left to prepare lest I miss the first round application deadline for the colleges I intend to attend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
skmskm wrote:
My friend : Will try to keep it short and throw the monkey @ u

1. Why are u in so much of a hurry ? : I read somewhere in this forum, don't remember the poster, MBA's will stay and will not disappear or fall in an abyss ; So why not make efforts to give a conclusive shot to come close to our expected score ----- why not a last n final try, u are so close

2. Why are u bothered of 2013 R1/R2? : Now a trade off ---- Think 640 2013 R1 vs 750 2014 R1............ Which one would u choose

3. Why 670-700 ? : In ur last 2 exams did u notice that u missed a full circle only by 3% ( 96/97% ),That itself puts u in the upper echeleons, that itself speaks of ur calibre / ur credentials........... So why let go things so easily, why not try to replicate the same ; With that rock solid gpa, u shld aim for nothing less than 750

4. Why do u want to want to stay with that 640 ? Even if u are through with the college of ur choice, at hindsight or at restrospect u are bound to have a feeling that with a little push I cld havd easily managed a 700........ So why let that feeling to creep in

Bro, Plz don't take things otherwise, its ur life , ur call ---- definitely u must be having ur own reasons that we are unware of and I solely respect that; my post was just some food of thought , stemming from that excellent gpa of urs , ur mock scores and ur hard work.

Keep posting n wish u all the best for all ur future ventures.

Thank you for such a detailed advice :) it helped me think through a lot of reasons to reconsider taking GMAT once more. After taking in a advice from a lot of well wishers I have decided to retake the exam in mid October (due to personal reasons I MUST go to the MBA college coming fall). My efforts will henceforth be concentrated on improving my verbal score and looking forward to take in more help from GMAT club this time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
skmskm wrote:
My friend : Will try to keep it short and throw the monkey @ u

1. Why are u in so much of a hurry ? : I read somewhere in this forum, don't remember the poster, MBA's will stay and will not disappear or fall in an abyss ; So why not make efforts to give a conclusive shot to come close to our expected score ----- why not a last n final try, u are so close
...................... wish u all the best for all ur future ventures.

I completely agree with all of skmskm posts, I was reading your posts and responses and mirroring his thoughts throughout. I was in your spot 4 years ago - in a big rush because for us Indians if we dont have a Masters or at least know which Masters we're getting into by 25 there's so much pressure. Take some time and get it right, this degree is your final one and will define the next 30+ years of your life, why screw it up over maximum 1 or two more years of detailed strategic prep. Hell NUS deadline is Jan end, I know because I got in for this year and have deferred it to next year (various reasons), and I applied on Jan 31st!

Don't rush yourself, do it right, get into the best school possible. Good luck buddy.
Manager
Manager
Status:SLOGGING : My son says,This time Papa u will have to make it : Innocence is BLISS
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Aximili85 wrote:
skmskm wrote:
in a big rush because for us Indians if we dont have a Masters or at least know which Masters we're getting into by 25 there's so much pressure.

Buddy did u say 25...................... LOL.............. I am too old @ 33 ( That's why I am undergoing this suffering = took 8 years more than the average pool to just realize, i need an MBA .................That's the reason my wife says = my Basics are just not in Place & Wives are always right........ Anyone has the spunk to disagree with THEM ?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2094 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

For Quant: Check out my post on how to improve quant score(link in my Signature)
For Verbal: SC adn Rc: Check Thursdays with Ron Videos: link in my signature

Good Luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts